Jump to content

Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here


  • Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#291 Jenn&Kraig

Jenn&Kraig
  • Jr. Member
  • 190 posts

    Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:25 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JodJ
    Kat
    We did have our ceremony on the beach. It looked like the pics that Maritee sent me origionally. Maybe it is from a different angle. I will have a review up here soon so I will have a bunch more pics up soon. Or I can email a bunch to you if you send me your email address. If you go back a few pages in the thread you will see a pic that Josh posted of the beach wedding location. We did really like the beach location. The gazebo looks like it would be beautiful too.

    The disco opens at 11.

    We had our reception dinner at the Steak house. It was awsome!! I highly reccomend it. They did a beautiful job of decorating the table and you are in a room seperate from the others in the restaurant (although you are still very close). No need to bring extra decorations I think. Again I can email you some pictures if you send my your email address.

    I would look into other florists. I didn't but I kind of wish I had (although I was very happy with my bouquet). I had just had my heart set on certain flowers. Do you have specific flowers in mind that your dying to have? If you are not too fussy then I wouldn't worry about it. The flowers they do are fantastic! I brought over fake flowers for my bridesmaids and the groomsmen bootineers and it worked out great. You may want to look into that too. It was MUCH cheaper than the Majestic prices.

    I hope that helps!
    Jodie

    Hi Kat!!

    Congrats on your recent wedding!!!

    My boyfriend and I (not engaged just yet, lol) are considering the Elegance, if you have any pricing info on their packages that you could send that would be great! Any photos of the resort and beach would be helpful as well! my email is jennt4@hotmail.com

    How long did you guys stay there? We are looking at going for 2 weeks, and having our guests stay the first week, get married that week, say good bye to everyone and then have our honeymoon the second week.

    Did you think the Elegance was a nicer looking resort than the Colonial?

    what did you think of the on-site photographer? Or did you bring your own?

    Did you plan a lot of activities while your guests were there? I'm wondering how to coordinate all of that, I want to be sure everyone has a good time, and I feel like we woul be responsible to ensure that happens...any feedback you have would be reatly appreciated!!

    #292 lscilley

    lscilley
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,466 posts

      Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Melwhip
      Hi everyone...I've attached the template for my info booklet, which contains info on Punta Cana, Majestic Colonial, travel tips, etc. Many thanks to Khomac (her website included many helpful things which I added) and another poster, whose name escapes me, that had uploaded a Punta Cana info. booklet some time ago. I largely modeled my booklet after hers, tweaking and adding things specific to Majestic Colonial, etc. I tried searching for her name to properly acknowledge her, but couldn't find it. I used a three-hole punch and tied the booklet together with ribbons to make it look really cute :-) That's about as fancy as I could get with this, since I work full-time and go to law school in the evenings! I mailed the booklets out last week, a little more than a month before we all leave.
      Hopefully it will help someone!!

      ~~Mel
      Thank you Mel I have wanted to do a booklet but haven't found the time now I can just personlaize it to me and done! Your awesome thanks!

      #293 Boudou33

      Boudou33
      • Newbie
      • 35 posts

        Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

        I was just wondering if someone used the Presidential suite for the reception? It looks pretty intimate. I'm looking for a private reception.

        I went to the Majectic Colonial in december and it's very pretty. I saw a reception at the steak house restaurant near the beach but we were eating at the table right beside the reception! Maybe they did not ask for a private setup, I don't know but they were right in the middle of the restaurant.
        The Presidential suite seems a great option.

        #294 Jenn&Kraig

        Jenn&Kraig
        • Jr. Member
        • 190 posts

          Posted 06 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal
          Jessica,

          send Adam at La Salle Travel in La Salle Manitoba an email: adam@lasalletravel.biz or call at PH: (204)-736-2003
          or (204) - 261-3430 and tell him I sent you.

          He knows the Majestic well, and with go WAY beyond the norm for you.
          Hey Josh!!

          I actually live in Winnipeg, not far from LaSalle! My boyfriend and I are seriously considering Majestic Elegance, Feb 2011....we are way ahead of the game here...not even engaged yet...but we know what we want to do, so we might as start planning, we contacted the local sell off vacations, they sound like they can get decent group rates, but you mentioned your buddy Adam knows alot about thr Majestics? Would it be in our interest to speak with him to coordinate our package details?

          #295 Rhiannonbs

          Rhiannonbs
          • Newbie
          • 9 posts

            Posted 06 July 2009 - 04:14 PM

            Re: Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            UPCOMING MAJESTIC BRIDES:

            JULY 2009
            Greg and Kat - July 29, 2009

            AUGUST 2009
            Melwhip- Aug 3, 2009

            OCTOBER 2009
            khomac - October 22, 2009
            cgf - October 27, 2009

            NOVEMBER 2009
            lscilley- Nov 16, 2009
            andime85- Nov 24, 2009
            majesticbride - Nov 24, 2009

            DECEMBER 2009
            *~Tara~* - December 7, 2009
            SunnyCherries - Dec 8, 2009
            xcandilkx-Dec 31, 2009

            JANUARY 2010
            mskcard77- January 9,2010
            CityDryms - January 2010
            trance angelxOx- Jan 19, 2010

            FEBRUARY 2010
            newbride - February 3, 2010

            MARCH 2010
            erinsny24 - March 27, 2010
            Anna_C - March 26, 2010

            APRIL 2010
            livinlife - April 20th, 2010
            liujessicam - April 22nd, 2010

            MAY 2010
            MexicoBeachBride2010 - May 18, 2010

            NOVEMBER 2010
            Rhiannonbs - Majestic elegance, November 27th, 2010


            To update the list, copy and paste this message into your own reply and be sure to add or change your name! Congrats Majestic Brides!

            #296 joshfrommontreal

            joshfrommontreal
            • Jr. Member
            • 291 posts

              Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig
              Hey Josh!!

              I actually live in Winnipeg, not far from LaSalle! My boyfriend and I are seriously considering Majestic Elegance, Feb 2011....we are way ahead of the game here...not even engaged yet...but we know what we want to do, so we might as start planning, we contacted the local sell off vacations, they sound like they can get decent group rates, but you mentioned your buddy Adam knows alot about thr Majestics? Would it be in our interest to speak with him to coordinate our package details?
              Definitely give Adam a call or go in and see him. He will go way beyond for you and does know the Majestic very well, both from booking all my trips there, booking the full group that he was with in January and he does DW's everywhere. I would let him know what Sell Off came up with and see what he can do.

              Also, if you have any questions about the Majestic let me know. I'm back there next week.

              #297 joshfrommontreal

              joshfrommontreal
              • Jr. Member
              • 291 posts

                Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:54 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Boudou33
                I was just wondering if someone used the Presidential suite for the reception? It looks pretty intimate. I'm looking for a private reception.

                I went to the Majectic Colonial in december and it's very pretty. I saw a reception at the steak house restaurant near the beach but we were eating at the table right beside the reception! Maybe they did not ask for a private setup, I don't know but they were right in the middle of the restaurant.
                The Presidential suite seems a great option.
                The Presidential Suite is a great private option for your reception. Its very intimate and they give it to you in the morning so it is also a great room to get ready in.

                There are a couple concerns with it:

                The wind - depending on the time of year the wind can get pretty strong up there. So if you have a winter date this is something you have to think about.

                Also, nothing is included, so the private bar is usually a must, as is the sound system. Also 11PM is the strict cut-off time for music and noise. Just a couple extras to be aware of.

                #298 mskcard77

                mskcard77
                • Newbie
                • 7 posts

                  Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:15 AM

                  Does anyone have any suggestions for photographers/videoagraphers in Punta Cana?

                  #299 Jenn&Kraig

                  Jenn&Kraig
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 190 posts

                    Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:54 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal
                    Definitely give Adam a call or go in and see him. He will go way beyond for you and does know the Majestic very well, both from booking all my trips there, booking the full group that he was with in January and he does DW's everywhere. I would let him know what Sell Off came up with and see what he can do.

                    Also, if you have any questions about the Majestic let me know. I'm back there next week.
                    Josh,

                    Thanks for getting back to me! We will give your buddy a call, and see what he has to say, it always helps to get a reference!!

                    You are quite the jet setter!! do you have dual citizenship in Punta yet!? lol, you seem to be there everyother week! Good for you!!

                    We are in the very pre lim stages of planning, do you know anything about the Barcelo Bavaro Palace deluxe? That was also a resort we are considering...

                    #300 Jenn&Kraig

                    Jenn&Kraig
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 190 posts

                      Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:57 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by mskcard77
                      Does anyone have any suggestions for photographers/videoagraphers in Punta Cana?

                      I have heard people talk about this company alot on this forum

                      Punta Cana Destination wedding photography

                      Plus there is always JoshfromMontreal! He seems to be in Punta everyother week!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users