Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#201 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

The private dinner price is on top of the $1250 wedding price. The $1250 covers your basics and then you add any extras onto that.

#202 anna_c

anna_c
    • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

Good to know, thanks Josh!

#203 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
      • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 08:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal
        Duty free at your home airport. They sell a lot of cheap booze.

There is a limit, usually its 2 beer, 1 pepsi, 1 diet pepsi, 1 orange drink and 1 seven up, plus a bunch of water. But you can always ask your maid for more or less of something.
        are you allowed to bring alcohol into the country?

#204 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
        • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 09:38 PM

good question, something I have never actually looked into although I do know a couple people who have bought things from duty free and brought it into Punta Cana.
          I have been there 5 times already this year and have never once been asked to declare anything. At customs they don't ask you a thing and just stamp your passport and wave your through.

#205 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
          • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal
            good question, something I have never actually looked into although I do know a couple people who have bought things from duty free and brought it into Punta Cana.
            I have been there 5 times already this year and have never once been asked to declare anything. At customs they don't ask you a thing and just stamp your passport and wave your through.

thanks! do you know if there are places off site that you can purchase bottles of liquor that you could take with you to the resort?

#206 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
            • 303 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:54 PM

oh another question... do you know if they book up fast. I was looking for a week next april (2010) and it says not available. Is that because they are booked or are they not releasing rooms yet? thanks in advance!

#207 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
              • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:55 PM

You can buy liquor at the shops on the resort, and also there are two markets. One is at the entrance to the resort, the other is if you walk along the beach for 10-15 minutes.

If its for April of 2010 they definitely aren't full yet so they probably aren't releasing rooms as of now. I would wait, or ask a travel agent about it.

#208 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                • 358 posts

Posted 29 May 2009 - 09:25 PM

I just find it ridiculous that you have to worry about liquor at your wedding when everyone is paying a lot of money at an all inclusive place......... I cant afford to worry about liquor!

Josh do you know what number the plaza bar is on the resort map at the elegance?

#209 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
                  • 291 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

I agree Christina, and it seems to me that they designed the resort with the idea of getting wedding groups to pay in mind.

Which map are you looking at?

#210 khomac

khomac
                    • 380 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

JOSH,

Can you help me? Someone said that if you don't do open bar at the beach/Parrot/Wet Bar locations, then you can only rent the area for 2 hours? Is this true? I haven't been able to get a respose from either co-ordinators.

What I want is dinner steakhouse 6-7:30, then dancing from 7:30-11:00. Do you know if this would work? Do you know how flexible they are?

I can't get enough of your pics! You do awesome work!
                      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users