Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#191 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justgotengaged...nowwhat?
    Hey everyone, I am really interested in the Majestic but the open bar fee's seem very outrageous to me. What are most of you brides doing - are you choosing the buffet or doing a plated meal with the open bar? I am fine with the bar being beer and wine only, but I get the impression my fiance is not a fan of that and I LOVE this hotel - I just don't know how I feel about the prices, since it is all inclusive. I was just curious what most of the brides are choosing to do. We are only having 25-40 people at our wedding, and I need to convince my fiance to book this place!
    I haven't booked yet but am considering this resort for my DW. I think a cheaper way around things is to do the restaurant for the dinner which is free. Then have a private 2 hour party at the parrot bar or beach with open bar. I found it to be ALOT cheaper for me that way. I was thinking only 2 hours was perfect because then you can just move the party to the disco if you want and people can dance and drink for free. This way you get some intimate time, but don't have to spend a fortune. hope this helps!

#192 anna_c

anna_c
    • 44 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 02:01 PM

When I asked Maritee how many people can sit at the Parrot bar I think she said 40, more if its just a party. I still think its a bit cramped but people can overflow to the area by the pool which its just going down 2 steps.
      I also asked her why they charge for open bar when drinks are already included in the hotel stay and she explained that its because the Parrot Bar and Wet Bar close at 6pm and we would be renting the space and service after hours, made sense to me. You can however bring 5 bottles of liquor with you at no charge but after 5 bottles they charge a $10 corking fee. But here's another little surprise I uncovered that she mentioned. The open bar price totals to $18 (for national drinks) per person after taxes and all, BUT thats just for the 1st hour, every hour after that its 1/2 price!!!! So that should ease up on cost. I assume the 1/2 price thing after the 1st hour applies to international and premium as well, but I'm not 100% sure.
      Another question we've all been wondering is about the bouquet and buttonniere....its listed on the Extras page as an additional cost yet its listed as included in the package price. Maritee said that for 2009 it is an extra cost but not for 2010, so it is included in the package at no additional cost for 2010. However it is an additional cost for bridesmaids and mother of the bride, etc.
      I am so glad I had the chance to visit the hotel because I now know what each area looks like and what I would need and NOT need, even though I still haven't made a decision on the what, when and where yet. But once I do decide I will know exactly what I need to take with me and how to decorate things.
      If I think of anything else I will post again. Hope I answered your questions.

#193 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
      • 303 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:08 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by anna_c
        When I asked Maritee how many people can sit at the Parrot bar I think she said 40, more if its just a party. I still think its a bit cramped but people can overflow to the area by the pool which its just going down 2 steps.
        I also asked her why they charge for open bar when drinks are already included in the hotel stay and she explained that its because the Parrot Bar and Wet Bar close at 6pm and we would be renting the space and service after hours, made sense to me. You can however bring 5 bottles of liquor with you at no charge but after 5 bottles they charge a $10 corking fee. But here's another little surprise I uncovered that she mentioned. The open bar price totals to $18 (for national drinks) per person after taxes and all, BUT thats just for the 1st hour, every hour after that its 1/2 price!!!! So that should ease up on cost. I assume the 1/2 price thing after the 1st hour applies to international and premium as well, but I'm not 100% sure.
        Another question we've all been wondering is about the bouquet and buttonniere....its listed on the Extras page as an additional cost yet its listed as included in the package price. Maritee said that for 2009 it is an extra cost but not for 2010, so it is included in the package at no additional cost for 2010. However it is an additional cost for bridesmaids and mother of the bride, etc.
        I am so glad I had the chance to visit the hotel because I now know what each area looks like and what I would need and NOT need, even though I still haven't made a decision on the what, when and where yet. But once I do decide I will know exactly what I need to take with me and how to decorate things.
        If I think of anything else I will post again. Hope I answered your questions.
        so awesome! thanks for all of your help! do you know if there is a place you can just plug in an ipod docking station as opposed to renting the dj for the parrot bar? TIA!

#194 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
        • 291 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 05:13 PM

There are outlets around so you could easily just plug in a ipod docking station. The only concern is if it would be loud enough.

#195 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
          • 358 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 07:51 PM

I am not sure how many brides did this but I got the idea from here somewhere is that many of the private locations are a short walk away from opened bars.. So that is what I am doing... Sandra the WC said from the parrot bar the plaza bar is like a 2 minute walk and my small group of 20 people will not mind taking that walk..... I cant see paying 300 for the space and another 400 for open bar for an all inclusive!

#196 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
            • 291 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 08:48 PM

Christina,

Get people to empty out their minibars and bring drinks and set them on the bar. Then get a few bottles of booze at duty free on the way there. For those that don't want cocktails it works great.

#197 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
              • 358 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:24 AM

what and where is duty free?

#198 Christinamaria22

Christinamaria22
                • 358 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 07:25 AM

Is tehre a limit of how much they put in your mini bar?

#199 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
                  • 291 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

Duty free at your home airport. They sell a lot of cheap booze.

There is a limit, usually its 2 beer, 1 pepsi, 1 diet pepsi, 1 orange drink and 1 seven up, plus a bunch of water. But you can always ask your maid for more or less of something.

#200 anna_c

anna_c
                    • 44 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:21 PM

Does anyone know if the private dinner pricing of $55(+ tax) per person is on top of the package price of $1250 (symbolic)? Or do you just pay the per person price plus whatever extras you want? I never thought to ask Maritee this question when I met with her, I did email her but I haven't received a response yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users