Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#161 JodJ

JodJ
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:54 AM

Josh- does the Colonial or the Elegance make the better beach setup?
    http://tickers.Ticke....2ef6/event.png

We are looking to share a photographer during the week of June 6th to June 12th in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#162 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
    • 291 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:23 PM

Jodi, they both use the same setup right now.

#163 QCbride

QCbride
      • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:58 PM

Thanks for this! Amazing!

#164 JodJ

JodJ
        • 88 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Josh I have a few questions for you:
          - The vows that you included in your guide, is this the same vows that are done in the symbolic wedding?
          - Did most of your brides get thier hair done by the resort hairdressers and did they like them?
          - Which reception area did you prefer better- the Parrot Bar or the Wet Bar. Are they both near a bar? - close enough that we do not need to purchase an open bar?
          - Do the Colonial and the Elegance share the same restaruants and wedding areas (i.e., the gazebo, the beach wedding area, the wetbar, the parrot bar, disco, steakhouse and the surf and turf)?

Thanks so much I really apreciate it!

We are looking to share a photographer during the week of June 6th to June 12th in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

#165 QCbride

QCbride
          • 27 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 10:55 PM

Has anyone heard of someone swagging a deal with Majestic for a free wedding? I know they are never truly free, but I've heard they do offer it!

#166 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
            • 291 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

There have been offers in the past, where if you book a certain number of people you will get a free wedding. I am back there in two weeks, I will find out if they plan on offering it again or if they currently are for 2010.

#167 liujessicam

liujessicam
              • 25 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Hi QCBride,
                My WC Maritee told me that if I book >10 rooms for 1 week they will waive the wedding fee of $1750.
                My wedding is booked for April 22nd, 2010.
                hope that helps!
                Jessica

#168 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
                • 291 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 11:17 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JodJ
                  Josh I have a few questions for you:
                  - The vows that you included in your guide, is this the same vows that are done in the symbolic wedding?
                  - Did most of your brides get thier hair done by the resort hairdressers and did they like them?
                  - Which reception area did you prefer better- the Parrot Bar or the Wet Bar. Are they both near a bar? - close enough that we do not need to purchase an open bar?
                  - Do the Colonial and the Elegance share the same restaruants and wedding areas (i.e., the gazebo, the beach wedding area, the wetbar, the parrot bar, disco, steakhouse and the surf and turf)?

Thanks so much I really apreciate it!
                  The vows that are in the guide that I put out are only for the legal ceremony. In the symbolic ceremony you are much more free and can choose to say your own.

Some brides get their hair done at the Spa and some are happy. Others not so much. It is such a hit or miss thing. The biggest problem at the spa is that the ladies there do not speak any english at all. So even if you give them a photo, if they start doing something you do not like it is hard to tell them no. That being said, if you do choose to use them don't be afraid to say no, and try to explain what they are doing wrong. I have seen a few brides completely take out what they had done and do it themselves.

For makeup I think your best bet is to take a friend and go to Mac or whatever company you like and get a lesson. It's great education and they will explain a lot about skin tones and what will look best on you. Plus the money that you would pay a girl to do it you can put into actually buying makeup which will last for more then one use.

It depends how many people you have for the Parrot Bar vs Wet Bar. If you have a group 40 or under definitely the Parrot Bar. If you have 60+ the Swim Up bar is the way to go. Both are very nice set-ups. You do not have to purchase the open bar at either but I have heard that if you chose to not have an open bar then you can only be there until 10-10:30. To be honest at both resorts the closest bars are too far for guests to walk to get drinks. There are two solutions to this, one get the beer/wine/soft drinks option that comes with dinner at the bars (I don't know if you can get it separately for just a reception). That way people can still drink and those that NEED cocktails etc can walk to the bars. Second, I was at a wedding where the couple got everyone to bring the soft drinks and beer from their room and then bought some alcohol at duty-free on the way there and left it for all to mix their own drinks. It is something to think about, and maybe ask the coordinator if it is doable.

The Elegance and the Colonial only share two areas. One is the beach wedding location the second is the spa.

#169 JodJ

JodJ
                  • 88 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

Thanks Josh that is soo helpful!! So is there a Parott bar and a Wet bar at both the Elegance and the Colonial or are they just at the Colonial? I was under the impression they shared these areas. I am staying at the Elegance by the way :)

#170 JodJ

JodJ
                    • 88 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

I also asked Maritee at the Elegance about the "free wedding" this is her reply: "If you book 15 rooms for 7 (seven) nights at the Majestic Elegance, the wedding package is free. You have to send us a copy of the rooming list in advance in order to give you the confirmation."
                      This sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Other than the photographer and the flowers there is not much left to pay for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users