Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#1301 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
  • 221 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

Hey ladies! Has anyone used the resort DJ???? Or the resort photographer (Tropical Pictures)??? If so, how was your experience???

#1302 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
    • 236 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

I've been trying to find out the same thing...  Ive read Photophil say that the resort has purchased new DJ equipment and my wedding coordinator has assured me alot of people are choosing the resort DJ this year that we should be hearing some reviews soon. 

I am surprised that the resort has not tryed to promote their DJs more or even made a website to get more information and put them out there with so many brides choosing outside vender DJ's over the resorts.. 

I personally do not want to pay the added money for the "outside vender fee" in addition to the DJ's cost

(  I would have LOVED to have DJ MANNIA but unfortunately he is not in our budget )

BUT also am leary of booking a resort DJ with no reviews or information to go on LOL  ..  Hopefully we will get some reviews soon!  :)

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#1303 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
      • 221 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:00 AM

I feel the same about the vendors fee.  The thing with the DJ is, if I would be better bringing an ipod, I would rather do that then pay the extra for a DJ.  I will most likely get the DJ so things won't be too tacky. I would hate to be worried about controlling the ipod the day of my wedding.  i am hoping more reviews pop up from now til then. DJ Mannia is definitely not in my budget but their reviews are off the charts! lol

Originally Posted by bride2b2013 

I've been trying to find out the same thing...  Ive read Photophil say that the resort has purchased new DJ equipment and my wedding coordinator has assured me alot of people are choosing the resort DJ this year that we should be hearing some reviews soon. 

I am surprised that the resort has not tryed to promote their DJs more or even made a website to get more information and put them out there with so many brides choosing outside vender DJ's over the resorts.. 

I personally do not want to pay the added money for the "outside vender fee" in addition to the DJ's cost

(  I would have LOVED to have DJ MANNIA but unfortunately he is not in our budget )

BUT also am leary of booking a resort DJ with no reviews or information to go on LOL  ..  Hopefully we will get some reviews soon!  :)

#1304 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
        • 64 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:39 AM

Ladies-

Do any of you feel a bit guilty about having  a destination wedding it's going to cost each guest about $2,000 for 1 week to come to my wedding. I do know its a great opportunity for a vacation and they will have a great time but I feel GUILTY since its so pricey and of course they have the choice to not come- I don't know why when I look at the prices I think they are so high and I feel guilty 

Any of you go through this?

#1305 gomezherrera

gomezherrera
          • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Yes DominicanLeila you are not the only one.. Like you I feel guilty because I want the most beautiful place but unfortunately what I want is pricey for my guess..I'm so torn, don't know what to do..but 2000.00 is way too much, I wouldn't ask my guess..February is Dominican independence maybe that's why is so much..

Ladies-

Do any of you feel a bit guilty about having  a destination wedding it's going to cost each guest about $2,000 for 1 week to come to my wedding. I do know its a great opportunity for a vacation and they will have a great time but I feel GUILTY since its so pricey and of course they have the choice to not come- I don't know why when I look at the prices I think they are so high and I feel guilty 

Any of you go through this?

#1306 mimiq

mimiq
            • 184 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

When we first started looking at prices, we were looking at quotes that were upwards of $2000 from one of our departure cities and that was just too much, so I know how you feel.  In the end when we got more finalized quotes, they came in under $2000 so we were okay with that, but it is hard to ask people to spend that kind of money to join you at your wedding.  Now i've seen that we've had great response and will be having somewhere between 60 and 80 people attending so I think people are okay with the costs.  

We considered picking a different resort based on prices, but at the end of the day we decided that we needed to have it where we wanted. You don't know who isn't going to be able to make it regardless of costs and you can't really make decisions based on what other people might or might not do.  And for those guests who were coming no matter what, we wanted to make sure that we had chosen a nice resort. 

I don't know if that helps at all, but at least know that you're not alone in this and that you can get to feeling okay about it!  It doesn't bother me any more, but I know at the beginning it did.

Originally Posted by gomezherrera 

Yes DominicanLeila you are not the only one.. Like you I feel guilty because I want the most beautiful place but unfortunately what I want is pricey for my guess..I'm so torn, don't know what to do..but 2000.00 is way too much, I wouldn't ask my guess..February is Dominican independence maybe that's why is so much..

#1307 AquaCait

AquaCait
              • 209 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

Hey Ladies,

Does anybody know who the dive operator is at the MC/ME??  I want to find a website where I can start planning dives for week 2...

Thanks a bunch!!

#1308 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
                • 64 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Thanks for all your responses ladies I am feeling better about it all we have 40 people attending so far and we are making the travel agent decision this weekend so people can put down their deposits. = )

#1309 DominicanLeila

DominicanLeila
                  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:49 AM

Hello Ladies-

Has anyone heard of Blue Lagoon Studio? I ran into them on the Majestic Colonial Facebook page and I wanted to see if anyone has heard of them.

Thanks!

Leila

#1310 cindy2013

cindy2013
                    • 189 posts
                    • Wedding Date:March 12, 2013
                    • Wedding Location:Kukua, Punta Cana
                    • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by baileybutton 

Ok so I am officially going to be an MC bride!!! That is a huge relief! I sent a request of to Sandra for my date (hoping for 03-13-13) I did request the beach. We are feet in the sand type of people so it works for us :)

I'm so excited now!! It feels like its real!

Nicole

That's the date I tried to get, but they were booked!  I am officially confirmed for March 12, 2013 at 4 pm in the Gazebo!  Let me know how your planning is going!  So exciting=)

Bling in Bloom - Floral Brooch Bouquets

http://www.facebook.com/blinginbloom

blinginbloom@outlook.com

@blinginbloom

IG: blinginbloom

IMG_4232.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users