Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#1211 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:16 PM

Majestic offers a "free" wedding dinner at one of the restaurants so you could still do this option.  It is up to 60 people but I don't think you plan on going over that.    You could have your dinner at 6:30PM (earliest time) and then afterwards do first dances at the gazebo, just bring an ipod dock as I hear there is even a plug there that you can use.  Then head to one of the bars with your group and just hang out until the disco opens at 11PM!!!

Check out the "Majestic Colonial Brides" group on facebook if you havent already, it is a wealth of info.

Originally Posted by dainfamouswen 

hey ladies,

i just booked a beach ceremony at the Majestic Colonial on June 13 at 5pm. we are in a tight budget and wanted to know what else can we do if we can't afford a reception at one of the restaurants? can we just go and have a dinner together? any ideas ladies? we will have a party of many 20..

It has become a total nightmare! I have been in tears fro two days trying to figure everything out

Here is the "new" decor info I received.  They no longer set up your decorations that you bring (I am not bringing a lot dont get me wrong) even though I was originally told they do........

Originally Posted by Bride2012 

Extra decor setup??? Like what tori?

Attached Files

#1212 AquaCait

AquaCait
    • 209 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

Tori, can you please send me the new price list??  I couldn't open it, but I would like to know what I'm getting into with the resort doing our ceremony. 

Can you please just email it to

Majestic offers a "free" wedding dinner at one of the restaurants so you could still do this option.  It is up to 60 people but I don't think you plan on going over that.    You could have your dinner at 6:30PM (earliest time) and then afterwards do first dances at the gazebo, just bring an ipod dock as I hear there is even a plug there that you can use.  Then head to one of the bars with your group and just hang out until the disco opens at 11PM!!!

Check out the "Majestic Colonial Brides" group on facebook if you havent already, it is a wealth of info.

It has become a total nightmare! I have been in tears fro two days trying to figure everything out

Here is the "new" decor info I received.  They no longer set up your decorations that you bring (I am not bringing a lot dont get me wrong) even though I was originally told they do........

Attached Files

#1213 angeluv4dr

angeluv4dr
      • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:00 PM

Hi!!! So happy to find this thread. I will be getting married there 07/12/12! Looking forward to learning lots of useful information!

#1214 Butterfly67

Butterfly67
        • Site Supporter
        • 77 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Welcome angeluv4dr

Originally Posted by angeluv4dr 

Hi!!! So happy to find this thread. I will be getting married there 07/12/12! Looking forward to learning lots of useful information!

#1215 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
          • 236 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hi Ladies!  Does anyone know temperature wise what time of day is best to book your ceremony towards the end of January ( I dont know if the time of year there actually makes a difference or not) but heat wise what times are good to try to book for?  Are there specific set times available?  Or do they just tell you what time without a choice? 

Or I guessanother way of putting it would what is the most sought after times of day for ceremonies if that makes sence? 

Thanks for any input :)

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#1216 torilynnsmith

torilynnsmith
            • 1,748 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:21 PM

I think times are set so you may not have an option but 3PM seems to be "prime" time as it allows you to do the ceremony, takes some pictures and then head to dinner afterwards

Originally Posted by bride2b2013 

Hi Ladies!  Does anyone know temperature wise what time of day is best to book your ceremony towards the end of January ( I dont know if the time of year there actually makes a difference or not) but heat wise what times are good to try to book for?  Are there specific set times available?  Or do they just tell you what time without a choice? 

Or I guessanother way of putting it would what is the most sought after times of day for ceremonies if that makes sence? 

Thanks for any input :)

#1217 bride2b2013

bride2b2013
              • 236 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thank you for your input Tori!  :) 

Bride & Groom + 40 booked and counting :)

#1218 ottawabride

ottawabride
                • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi Bettina,

I'm getting married at ME Feb 29, 2012. Our wedding is at 2:30pm and we're having dinner at Sea & See restaurant.

I'm am staying in my dress, I've been so excited about wearing it and I'm gonna take every moment I can to stay in it.

Regarding the orchid bouquet when I asked the WC about the cost she said its one of the upgraded bouquets and costs an extra $100 US. I found this awesome florist in Guelph, Ontario who's doing all my flowers with Floramatique faux flowers so my bridal party can use them down there and then use them for the reception back home. She's doing everything through email and Skype with me.

For favors we're doing OOT bags.

For decor paying for the ceremony decor but for the reception we're bring down the centerpieces (2-3 is what we need) and table cloths from walmart. My mother and bridesmaids are helping to transport stuff down in their bags.

Hope this helps. If you have any more question msg me.

#1219 DRPrincesa

DRPrincesa
                  • 221 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

For those MC/ME brides who have already been married, what was your total budget?  I am getting nervous about all the hidden fees and taxes. I am only having about 40 ppl but I would like something nice and don't want to break the bank. :)  Comparing prices with offsite restaurants as they may suite my budget better.

#1220 cnd29

cnd29
                    • 132 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for asking this question!  I definitely share your concerns but was a little afraid to ask!  We have gone back and forth with Hard Rock or MC, and now we are leaning toward staying at MC/ME but with our wedding and reception at the Jellyfish... It just seems like you might get more for the money that way but I'm having a hard time getting in touch with WCs and locking down the date(s)... (Super STRESSED!

For those MC/ME brides who have already been married, what was your total budget?  I am getting nervous about all the hidden fees and taxes. I am only having about 40 ppl but I would like something nice and don't want to break the bank. :)  Comparing prices with offsite restaurants as they may suite my budget better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users