Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:47 PM

Hi Elif,

Try this site: http://www.amstardmc...9c765ca66909da4

Hope this can help :)

#1102 aaronlori

aaronlori
    • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:49 PM

Thanks for that link. I have a few guests who have never been to the DR so it's nice for them to see all the excursions they can take advantage of.

Originally Posted by AwayDC 

Hi Elif,

#1103 AwayDC

AwayDC
      • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

My pleasure :) I did some research a while back because I wanted to post it on our wedding website. Hope it can help you too.

#1104 MsFactorA

MsFactorA
        • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

Hi MandyB,

Thank you for this post. I am very interested in this idea. I am getting married at Elegance on December 3, 2011. So both restaurants have private rooms where you have dinner. Did you have a set menu? What was the general organization of your dinner? And how long did it take? And then after dinner you had reception at parrot bar, which is one of the options that I am thinking also....How did you organize your reception? Did you have seating area, dj, slide shows, speechs, and snacks? I would love to hear what worked well, what did not...Because I was considering to buffet at the parrot or wet bar, but your way will save me a lot of money

I saw one party on the beach with the buffet but I don't think it was a wedding. Maybe just a group of people getting together for dinner??  Our reception at the Parrot Bay was from 8:30-9:30 and I never saw any guests walking through. I really would suggest having the reception, rather it be all with the dinner or without.  And to be honest, the dinner at the steakhouse or seafood restaurant is nice and they put you in a private room.  So why pay the extra money for the dinner with reception?  Just my 2 cents! :-) 

I know it's overwhelming but take time to enjoy the ride!  

Mandy

#1105 aahq45

aahq45
          • 179 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:42 AM

Are any brides planning a group excursion trip for their guests?!  I want to plan something for everyone, but have no ideas!!! 

Thanks!!!

#1106 Elif

Elif
            • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Thanks AwayDC!!  This is very helpful!!

Originally Posted by AwayDC 

Hi Elif,

#1107 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
              • 156 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

Chendy 901:

I am in love with your dress. Who makes it? Did you add the sash. The review on your wedding is awesome, thanks for posting it!

#1108 chendy901

chendy901
                • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:06 AM

It's $80.  I remember my bridesmaid paying that at the salon in the ME.  One of my bridesmaids just wanted a blow out and some soft curls and they still charged her $80.  My sister in law did my a hair so I didn't use the salon.  Make sure to take pictures!!! 

I booked their appointments 3 weeks prior to the wedding.  I remember I had to email them twice and the last time I cc: my WC.

#1109 chendy901

chendy901
                  • 52 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:08 AM

I see it now AcutieRN!  lol 

BTW, I reviewed the ME under Resort Reviews, ME.  I have pictures in there too if that helps.  :)

#1110 MandyB

MandyB
                    • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hi MsFactorA,

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  You will love the Majestic Elegance!  Yes, we had a set menu at the Sea and See Restaurant.  That is something that your wedding coordinator can send you.  For our dinner, we had the entire room to the right when you walk in the restaurant.  Plenty of room!  

As for the Parrot Bar, we had maybe 4 tables (and chairs) set up and then a table for the cake.  The Dj was set up over by the bar.  No food since it was a short reception and we had just had dinner.  For us, it was the perfect scenario.  It gave us time to do the first dances, cutting the cake, etc.    If you want, I will post my pictures below.  You can peruse through them and I am sure there are a few pictures of the reception.  Good luck and feel free to ask anymore questions!

Mandy

http://schultzbecket....com/pictures/8

Originally Posted by MsFactorA 

Hi MandyB,

Thank you for this post. I am very interested in this idea. I am getting married at Elegance on December 3, 2011. So both restaurants have private rooms where you have dinner. Did you have a set menu? What was the general organization of your dinner? And how long did it take? And then after dinner you had reception at parrot bar, which is one of the options that I am thinking also....How did you organize your reception? Did you have seating area, dj, slide shows, speechs, and snacks? I would love to hear what worked well, what did not...Because I was considering to buffet at the parrot or wet bar, but your way will save me a lot of money

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users