Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Not sure when in May yet, I did see you are having yours May 27, 2010. I guess I was going to see what they have available as soon as I talk to them, we're flexible, but yeah who knows we might overlap our weeks cheesy.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by liujessicam View Post
Hi Everyone,

I saw the menu for the Rodeo in the package Josh Brown shared, but was wondering if anyone had the menu for Tres Carabelas?

thanks!
Jess
If you have the included reception dinner at the Rodeo or Tres Carabelas it's actually a set menu - not the menu in the wedding package. The choices are the same for both restaurants (they are in the same building) - we were told you can have salad and either Chateaubriand or steak and fish (which is grouper).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Majestic Colonial and Elegance are my top choices as of now for a destination wedding in early January 2010. (I haven't even picked a resort yet, should I be worriedhuh.gif)

These are the land rates my TA gave me. Do these sound reasonable to you? They seem really pricey, and flying out of DC, she said the round trip flights would be between $450-$550 per person.

Love to know what you think about this...$1000 for just 3 nights seems like too much to ask of my guests.

Majestic Colonial

3 nights dbl$510.00 tpl:$460.00 quad $436.00 sgl;$744.00

4 nights dbl$669.00 tpl;$603.00 quad $572.00 sgl:$981.00

7 nights dbl $1148.00 tpl $1035.00 quad $979.00 sgl:$1688.00

Majestic Elegance

3 nights dbl$488.00 tpl:$443.00 quad $420.00 sglL$723.00

4 nights dbl$642.00 tpl:$580.00 quad $550.00 sgl:$953.00

7 nights dbl$1100.00 tpl:$993.00 quad $939.00 sg:$1640.00

Hi! Can you add me to this group please? My fiance and I are getting married at the Elegance on July 29, 2009. We're having a symbolic ceremony but do you know if they really require your marriage certificate rather than the license? We are getting married in the States legally after the our trip to the DR. I was reading some other forms and got mixed reviews about it so I was wondering if anyone had a symbolic ceremony at either of these. Thanks!

I have an updated menu for the Steak house and the seafood restaurant below.

SET MENUS RESTAURANTES * GRUPOS BODA

SEE & SEA

Appetizer: Marinated salmon with fresh cheese and vodka orange reduction over blinis

Entrée: Octopus cocktail

Main course: Grilled Lobster

Dessert: Chocolate Mouse or Wedding Cake

Options:

Pasta

ASADITO

Appetizer: Nachos chips with guacamole

Entrée: Ruccula Salad with goat cheese and cured ham

Soup: Pumpkin Cream with blue cheese.

Main Course: Beef Sirloin in wine reduction.

Dessert: Brownie o Wedding Cake

Options:

Pasta

Chicken

CityDryms,

I'm going there this july and I got a pretty good deal. For the whole week (7 nights), 2 people, upgraded to adults only room category at the Elegance, and flight from DC (BWI actually) was $2700 for 2 people. But I think that was also b/c they were running a special since its a new resort. We booked ours through a TA and she basically booked it though applevacations.com Maybe she can compare prices. look into cheapcarribean.com and vacationstogo.com Also, you have to book like 20 rooms from the same TA in order to get any free nights. Just something to keep in mind.

CityDryms:

Keep in mind that the prices for the resort are All-Inclusive so your guests don't have to worry about paying extra for meals or drinks and its a vacation for them too. And if your group drinks as much as my group, it will definitely be worth it. cheesy.gif

Hi everyone! Does anyone know if you can stay at either the Colonial or Elegance and use the amenities (pool/rest/bars) at the other? Based on the info from CityDryms it looks like it might be cheaper to stay at the Elegance. We have our wedding reserved for March 27, 2010 at the Colonial. Thanks!

Erin

Thanks for all your feedback! I am getting more comfortable with this. If people can make it- great, if not, I'm not going to hold it against them!

What are your thoughts on airport transfers? My guests would have about a 7-hour flight with one transfer, but I don't see any other closer options to Washington, DC. I really like the Majestic Elegance/Colonial and don't want to say no just because of the travel time! After all, it is supposed to be a get away!

Quote:
CityDryms Re: Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi All,

Majestic Colonial and Elegance are my top choices as of now for a destination wedding in early January 2010. (I haven't even picked a resort yet, should I be worried)

These are the land rates my TA gave me. Do these sound reasonable to you? They seem really pricey, and flying out of DC, she said the round trip flights would be between $450-$550 per person.

Love to know what you think about this...$1000 for just 3 nights seems like too much to ask of my guests.

Majestic Colonial
3 nights dbl$510.00 tpl:$460.00 quad $436.00 sgl;$744.00
4 nights dbl$669.00 tpl;$603.00 quad $572.00 sgl:$981.00
7 nights dbl $1148.00 tpl $1035.00 quad $979.00 sgl:$1688.00

Majestic Elegance
3 nights dbl$488.00 tpl:$443.00 quad $420.00 sglL$723.00
4 nights dbl$642.00 tpl:$580.00 quad $550.00 sgl:$953.00
7 nights dbl$1100.00 tpl:$993.00 quad $939.00 sg:$1640.00

Keep in mind the Jan/Feb are the prime season and thus will be the most expensive. $1000 for 3 nights isn't outrageous for Jan/Feb with everything. If you are worried about people not coming and it's important to you consider a less expensive month. In the caribbean prices go down after April 15 and the weather is still good. If you don't mind people not coming with you to the DR then stick with Jan. If you mind, consider april or may. I am getting married May 18, 2010 and expect the prices to be about $1100ish with a nonstop early flight (from Newark or philly) and the hotel for 1 week for my guests. So it just comes down to what is important to you. Another awesome thing...My fiance and I are staying 2 weeks so we get the double the time down there for the cost of a week in prime season! goodluck with your planning!