Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#1041 Oryx

Oryx
  • 727 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:22 PM

We did this too.  We had originally planned to have a rehearsal dinner with just the wedding party... then add spouses and my parents.... then we just said what the heck, invite everyone!  So we showed up that night and they pulled together seating for about 25 people on the spot.  And the service was fantastic!  

Originally Posted by pamphilia 

We had dinner for about 20 at the Steakhouse.  We just dropped in though - no reservation.  They pushed tables together.  No big deal :)

#1042 MRR16

MRR16
    • 249 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

Thanks Oryx

Thats good to know. I would perfer to do my welcome dinner at one of the restaurants rather than buffet if I am not charged an additional fee. You would think you could use your dinner reservation for up to 60 any time you are there, not necessarily the wedding date only. Bummer. I guess we will just call ahead or show up. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas, please post. :)

#1043 jamie0820

jamie0820
      • 183 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:05 PM

Good ideas---I didnt even think about a welcome dinner.

#1044 Oryx

Oryx
        • 727 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:29 PM

The rehearsal dinner was at the steakhouse restaurant, but we did in fact have our welcome dinner at the buffet.  Not all of our guests arrived on the first night, but we really wanted to unload some of our loot bags and see everyone and exchange room numbers, etc.  The buffet seemed like a good option because people were tired and just getting their bearings and it was easy to find.  There were 17 of us and it was not a problem to get seating for us.  Everyone was excited and mingling and the buffet provided a nice, casual atmosphere for us to chat and for people to get to know eachother. 

Our server at the buffet was Alfredo and he was awesome!  Someone mentioned that we were getting married and he pulled the band over to play for us and dance and sing... it was great!   There was this short little waiter guy shakin' what his mama gave him... it was a riot. 

Originally Posted by MRR16 

Thanks Oryx

Thats good to know. I would perfer to do my welcome dinner at one of the restaurants rather than buffet if I am not charged an additional fee. You would think you could use your dinner reservation for up to 60 any time you are there, not necessarily the wedding date only. Bummer. I guess we will just call ahead or show up. If anyone has any other suggestions or ideas, please post. :)

#1045 jamie0820

jamie0820
          • 183 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:53 AM

So glad you had a nice experience!

Originally Posted by Oryx 

The rehearsal dinner was at the steakhouse restaurant, but we did in fact have our welcome dinner at the buffet.  Not all of our guests arrived on the first night, but we really wanted to unload some of our loot bags and see everyone and exchange room numbers, etc.  The buffet seemed like a good option because people were tired and just getting their bearings and it was easy to find.  There were 17 of us and it was not a problem to get seating for us.  Everyone was excited and mingling and the buffet provided a nice, casual atmosphere for us to chat and for people to get to know eachother. 

Our server at the buffet was Alfredo and he was awesome!  Someone mentioned that we were getting married and he pulled the band over to play for us and dance and sing... it was great!   There was this short little waiter guy shakin' what his mama gave him... it was a riot. 

#1046 MRR16

MRR16
            • 249 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:03 AM

great to know. Thanks.

#1047 Line M

Line M
              • 171 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Hi,

Did you reserve that yourself did you WC organize it  or just showed up?

#1048 jamie0820

jamie0820
                • 183 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 05:19 PM

great post! so informative. THANK YOU!! now I have an idea of what the wedding will cost. I wonder if Elegance is more expensive.....

#1049 Line M

Line M
                  • 171 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:33 PM

Hi Summa- just wanted to let you know that my WC booked the steakhouse for the rehearsal dinner so you will probably be able to get it too.

you will going to the elegance or did you switch to Dreams?

#1050 summafool1

summafool1
                    • 223 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 05:35 PM

we are sticking with the elegance, btu my WC Sandra said we can't book the steakhouse :( who do u have as a wc?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users