Photo

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Please log in to reply
1361 replies to this topic

#991 summafool1

summafool1
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:33 AM

just read somewhere that you get braclets to wear at the resorts? So u have to keep them on all week? I assume they let you take them off for the wedding?

Anyone know more about this?

#992 BrideMichele

BrideMichele
    • 247 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:38 PM

I was married at the Colonial last Oct. Only the bride and groom can cut off their bracelets. You must not lose them (put them in your safe). Take the cut off bracelets to the front desk the next day and they replace them.

#993 summafool1

summafool1
      • 223 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:29 PM

what about the bridesmaids etc i would assume they can cut them as well? as who would want them in the pics lol

#994 natalie7

natalie7
        • Site Supporter
        • 298 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:11 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.. I do not want them in any of my pictures...

#995 MBBride

MBBride
          • 70 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

I got married Jan.13/11 at MC and even in November, the resort was sold out so last minutes guests didn't end up booking. I know there are circumstances where some can't book until last minute....so I hope it all works out for you.

Re: bracelets, yes, groomsmen and bridesmaids are allowed to cut it off, just keep it in a safe place and bring it with you the next day to get a replacement. It's not a big deal at all...

I hope this helps!

Let me know if there are any other questions I can help with!

#996 Line M

Line M
            • 171 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Hi Everyone

I am booked for an August 2, 2011. wedding at the Majestic Elegance but have yet to get a confirmation since I am trying to get a different time with the judge. I am booked for 12 pm but I was hoping for 6pm. I asked for a gazebo wedding with a private reception at the wet bar. I haven't received a package of what they serve. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth getting an open bar. If the decorations are nice or i should get my own etc.. I am excited about it but more nervous. I am also having problems getting all my guests into the hotel. Not even sure if my travel agent booked us at this point. Never thought August would be so busy. I only saw 2 reviews on the Hotel and was hoping that someone could tell me how their weddings went and what I should watch out for. Thanks :)

#997 islandbride8

islandbride8
              • 315 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Line M 

Hi Everyone

I am booked for an August 2, 2011. wedding at the Majestic Elegance but have yet to get a confirmation since I am trying to get a different time with the judge. I am booked for 12 pm but I was hoping for 6pm. I asked for a gazebo wedding with a private reception at the wet bar. I haven't received a package of what they serve. I was wondering if anyone can tell me if it is worth getting an open bar. If the decorations are nice or i should get my own etc.. I am excited about it but more nervous. I am also having problems getting all my guests into the hotel. Not even sure if my travel agent booked us at this point. Never thought August would be so busy. I only saw 2 reviews on the Hotel and was hoping that someone could tell me how their weddings went and what I should watch out for. Thanks :)

I would definately make sure you get a confirmation and have everything set before you book your trip.  Open bar is really expensive and not worth it in my opinion, but that just depends on your budget. 

#998 summafool1

summafool1
                • 223 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

for anyone that has been there: i read on someones tripadvisor comment that the beach closes at 6pm? is this true?

#999 YIweddings

YIweddings
                  • 173 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

I've been to Punta Cana but I haven't been to this resort yet but I'll be there on Saturday.  The reason the beach would close at this time is because it's dark.  The sun goes down pretty early. I'm sure you can still access the beach and they'll have security but it wouldn't be recommended.  It would be the same for all resort.

Originally Posted by summafool1 View Post

for anyone that has been there: i read on someones tripadvisor comment that the beach closes at 6pm? is this true?

Soon to be Mrs. Kramer

#1000 summafool1

summafool1
                    • 223 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

I understand its dark, but someone said that you cant go on the beach at all and there are guards at the majestic?

Sounded weird to me as i have neer seen this and have been to mexico, dr, and jamaica..

sometimes it nice to lay on a lounger and look at the beach at night,..anyone know if you are allowed to ?

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users