lscilley

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bride2B2010 View Post
Hi ladies,

I am curious if any of you paid a deposit or signed a contract to hold your wedding date? I am a little nervous about not providing them with anything other than my name, the date, and time. Will they contact me as it gets closer to the date? Or is everything figured out once you arrive? Thanks!!!
Andrea
Anybodyhuh.gif? Please help.

Thanks =(

Andrea, very good question. i hope someone will be able to provide some insight as I'm trailing slowly behind. btw congrats!

You know, I was a bit surprised by the colonial's pricing per person for a private party...does anyone feel it was over-priced? This morning my sister made a good point. She figured the price per person should depend on their high or low season. Has anyone attempted to negotiate the per person price? If so, how did that go?

Also, those of you who have been contemplating on the open bar. I'm working with Annemarie and she has been wonderful so far in responding to my emails. She provided me with the private gala menu which states house wine (red and white), beer, juice, soda and bottle water is automatically included. With that being said, it's not worth paying the for the add'l open bar. Save your money, enjoy what's included!

Karina

Quote:
Anybodyhuh.gif? Please help.

Thanks =(

I asked about that too, but I guess they dont take deposits...so that being said, if you have an email with "confirmation of your date" make sure to print it out and bring it with you.

Hello,

I was there in May for a site visit and asked some of these questions and saw both resorts.

1.) They don't take contracts/deposits...do what Ali said and print every email out and take with you. You may need this at some point!

2.) Difference between the hotels...nothing major! The elegant side is more elegant but the colonial is beautiful. I chose the colonial because it isn't brand new and has all the small growing pains worked out. The elegance is brand new which makes it completely beautiful but I decided for my guests the colonial was a better fit because it seemed to cater more to families...the elegance allows kids but I felt it had a more adult atmosphere. I actually booked the colonial side for my wedding, but my fiance and I are staying 2 weeks total so we are doing 7 nights colonial and 7 nights at the elegance club adult only section for our honeymoon.

3.) I do think the private dinner prices are ridiculous! We are doing the free dinner and renting the parrot bar for cake/dancing/speeches. The open bar is even silly but its alot less than what I'd have to pay for a private dinner. Some people don't even do a private reception and go to the disco so they bypass all the extra costs.

4.) I went through Liberty Travel in Whitehall, PA. My TA has done all of my trips and my family has used her for atleast 5 years. We booked in July for our May 18, 2010 wedding so we got the early booking price. If you are contemplating booking I would do it soon before this early booking price is gone. I would imagine October would be even better prices than what I booked at because it's low season (even tho May is too).

5.) Someone asked about the gazebo...I absolutely loved it when I saw it! It's beautiful and def private! I don't mind people watching which they can do at the gazebo, but they can't crowd you since there is water surrounding the one side and only one way to walk towards it! They have pics on their website too if interested.

Congrats to all you Majestic brides! I love this site!

Hi Lauren, I love the song on your wedding website!!! Perfect destination wedding song =) Thank you so much for all the info. Do I need to make arrangements for my "reception" before I go? They answer my e-mails quickly but rather vaguely... Congrats, and thanks again for the information!!

We came back from there almost 2 weeks ago and I'm missing it like crazy!!

we went down for a site visit and booked the hotel on the spot we loved it so much.

I cant wait :)

Congrats to everyone

Quote:
Hi Lauren, I love the song on your wedding website!!! Perfect destination wedding song =) Thank you so much for all the info. Do I need to make arrangements for my "reception" before I go? They answer my e-mails quickly but rather vaguely... Congrats, and thanks again for the information!!
I would email the WC if you have an idea of where you want your "reception". I emailed her about the Pres. Suite then changed my mind to the Parrot Bar. Nothing is sent in stone per say, so if you get down there and like a different spot you can possibly switch if it's available. But if another bride has booked it, then you may not get your 1st choice.

I am finding it difficult just to get my date that they can marry us. We are booking the Majestic Elegance providing the wedding planner ever gets back to us with an available day. We are hoping for any day during the week of our stay which is Feb 2-9, 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephaniekeough View Post
I am finding it difficult just to get my date that they can marry us. We are booking the Majestic Elegance providing the wedding planner ever gets back to us with an available day. We are hoping for any day during the week of our stay which is Feb 2-9, 2010.
Are you dealing through a travel agent? I found that when I tried to contact the hotel wedding coordinator directly they would take forever to answer but once I had my travel agent it didn't take as long to get a reply. I hope for you that they have dates left because I just tried to change my date and they didn't have much available for January.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trance_angelx0x View Post
Are you dealing through a travel agent? I found that when I tried to contact the hotel wedding coordinator directly they would take forever to answer but once I had my travel agent it didn't take as long to get a reply. I hope for you that they have dates left because I just tried to change my date and they didn't have much available for January.
I agree...using a travel agent does help! Mine has been very helpful....but Maritee my WC does answer emails pretty quickly. Dates fill up quickly so maybe you should call there? I did once and spoke to WC immediately. Good luck!