lscilley

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal View Post
Duty free at your home airport. They sell a lot of cheap booze.

There is a limit, usually its 2 beer, 1 pepsi, 1 diet pepsi, 1 orange drink and 1 seven up, plus a bunch of water. But you can always ask your maid for more or less of something.
are you allowed to bring alcohol into the country?

good question, something I have never actually looked into although I do know a couple people who have bought things from duty free and brought it into Punta Cana.

I have been there 5 times already this year and have never once been asked to declare anything. At customs they don't ask you a thing and just stamp your passport and wave your through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal View Post
good question, something I have never actually looked into although I do know a couple people who have bought things from duty free and brought it into Punta Cana.
I have been there 5 times already this year and have never once been asked to declare anything. At customs they don't ask you a thing and just stamp your passport and wave your through.

thanks! do you know if there are places off site that you can purchase bottles of liquor that you could take with you to the resort?

oh another question... do you know if they book up fast. I was looking for a week next april (2010) and it says not available. Is that because they are booked or are they not releasing rooms yet? thanks in advance!

You can buy liquor at the shops on the resort, and also there are two markets. One is at the entrance to the resort, the other is if you walk along the beach for 10-15 minutes.

If its for April of 2010 they definitely aren't full yet so they probably aren't releasing rooms as of now. I would wait, or ask a travel agent about it.

I just find it ridiculous that you have to worry about liquor at your wedding when everyone is paying a lot of money at an all inclusive place......... I cant afford to worry about liquor!

Josh do you know what number the plaza bar is on the resort map at the elegance?

JOSH,

Can you help me? Someone said that if you don't do open bar at the beach/Parrot/Wet Bar locations, then you can only rent the area for 2 hours? Is this true? I haven't been able to get a respose from either co-ordinators.

What I want is dinner steakhouse 6-7:30, then dancing from 7:30-11:00. Do you know if this would work? Do you know how flexible they are?

I can't get enough of your pics! You do awesome work!