lscilley

Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

I just heard back from Lisa at Majestic Elegance and my date of August 5, 2013 has been held for me! Super excited. We are just waiting for confirmation from the Judge and Priest which will be this April. Only then will I feel as though its OFFICIAL OFFICIAL!

Here is a review of our wedding on December 2, 2011. If you can't open it just PM me with your email and I'll send it to you. I posted this same review on the Majestic Colonial Brides facebook group. Good luck planning ladies! You are in great hands!

Robyn

review.doc

Hello, I also just posted a review on the resort vendor thread .. my wedding was December 7th 2011 at the Majestic Colonial... I posted a planning thread with a few pictures here:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77456/michcraws-after-the-fact-planning-thread-wedding-dec-7th-2011#post_1717516

Any questions are welcome and I will post more pictures when I get the final pictures from the photographer in a month or so.  You will NOT be disappointed ... it was everything I wanted and more!!!!

Michèle

Nothing new on this thread where is everyone? All done planning LOLZ!! Well I will let you guys know I am having a bit of a difficult time getting good pricing for the resort the Majestic quoted me $143pp, per night for 7 nights then my TA quoted me $200 pp, per night for 7 nights with Airport transfer BUT I saw on cheapcaribbean.com $1575 for 7 nights AND AIR (they didn't have the exact dates but it's an estimate I contacted someone directly to give me exact pricing. On the Majestic colonial FB page a girl told me she got this:  Our rates were $199 for single occupancy, $137 for a double and $99 for a triple occupancy   - so I am reaching out to her TA. What prices are you  gals NOT in canada getting for your rates? What TA are you using? 

We are flying out of San Francisco thus airfare is going to be very pricey so I NEED to make sure we get a good resort rate especially since I'm a BIG TIME bargain hunter and the lower the price the more likely people are going to be able to come =)

We leave tomorrow, but for our guests our rates were $150 a night with airport transfers.  My family is flying out from SFO and their flights were $500. So $597 for the hotel and $500 (appx) for the flight.

I just wanted to stop by and say hi...we are thinking about the Colonial in February or March 2013. Well it's on our short list anyway. Anyway, my name is Nicole and I live in New Brunswick Canada. 

welcome.gif

Hi Nicole...trust me when I say, choosing your resort is probably one of the hardest parts of a destination wedding...we are getting married at the Elegance, and I have heard that both the Elegance and Colonial do amazing work (they share co-ordinators...).  A friend of mine just came back from her cousin's wedding and it looked beautiful. 

It took us forever to choose resorts, but we couldn't be happier with our decision.

Good luck and don't be afraid to post any questions that you may have, we are all here to help each other!!

Caitlin

Originally Posted by baileybutton View Post

I just wanted to stop by and say hi...we are thinking about the Colonial in February or March 2013. Well it's on our short list anyway. Anyway, my name is Nicole and I live in New Brunswick Canada. 

So I'm about 95%  sure we are gonna go with the MC. Wow this is a tough decision, lol! So now I have a dumb question....what do I do now? Do I contact the resort to hold my date? does my TA? 

Also,

How did you pick your date? I'm thinking early March 2013 but other then that I couldn't care less when it is...does your date hold any significance to you?

Hey there. I'm having my wedding at the Majestic Colonial next Saturday (Feb 18th), so basically the same time of year as yours, just a year earlier. I booked all the travel for my guests because I am a part-time travel agent and can get pretty good group rates. My guests are paying about $115/nt double occupancy... and I recently got quotes for a wedding at the Elegance in May, and those rates were $116/nt dbl.  So if you want me to check for your wedding to, send me a private message with your email, dates, which resort, etc and I can check for you. What I did for my wedding was book a block of rooms, and then each of my guests paid a $50 deposit to hold their spot, and then the balance was due 2 months before travel.  You also get perks for booking groups such as every 16th passenger free.  I'm actually flying to Punta Cana for my wedding tomorrow morning, so I may be a little slower than usual responding to emails for the next week.