Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Welcome Crystal and Matt. I am getting married May 18, 2010 at the Colonial side and then switching over to the Elegance club for my 2nd week there. I did a site visit May 09 and was torn between what side to have our wedding on but we decided on the colonial and saved the elegance for ourselves. We chose the colonial because my family has been to the colonial 5 times and we know the management and figured it made sense since they always do extra for us when we are their and would be helpful during my wedding and do extra things for us there too but I loved the elegance and I'm sure you will have an awesome and beautiful day on that side too! We hired Photophil (Steingard Studios) to do our pictures, Florian from wedding video punta cana for our video, and pastor york to do our ceremony! We are almost at 6 months so I can't wait to get there and get married! I also am using a vendor from on here plumeriasweddingflowerboutique to do my flowers since the majestic charges alot for flowers and I didn't like the quality or the fact that they wouldn't guarantee flower options. Goodluck with your planning and if you need anything keep posting!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010 View Post
Welcome Crystal and Matt. I am getting married May 18, 2010 at the Colonial side and then switching over to the Elegance club for my 2nd week there. I did a site visit May 09 and was torn between what side to have our wedding on but we decided on the colonial and saved the elegance for ourselves. We chose the colonial because my family has been to the colonial 5 times and we know the management and figured it made sense since they always do extra for us when we are their and would be helpful during my wedding and do extra things for us there too but I loved the elegance and I'm sure you will have an awesome and beautiful day on that side too! We hired Photophil (Steingard Studios) to do our pictures, Florian from wedding video punta cana for our video, and pastor york to do our ceremony! We are almost at 6 months so I can't wait to get there and get married! I also am using a vendor from on here plumeriasweddingflowerboutique to do my flowers since the majestic charges alot for flowers and I didn't like the quality or the fact that they wouldn't guarantee flower options. Goodluck with your planning and if you need anything keep posting!

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing!! Have you seen the work of Florian or Photophil? I agree with the flowers, I am considering putting centerpieces and my bridesmaids flowers together before we go and having each person responsible for their own. I think I can do it MUCH cheaper this way and know exactly what I am getting. I read somewhere that one of the girls went to a market nearby. Did you happen to go on your visit? I was hoping to use some of the items from the market in my OOT bags to avoid packing as much as possible but wasn't sure what they sold their exactly! If you have any info on this as well I would love to hear about it!!

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010 View Post

Hi MexicoBeachBride2010,

I just looked up Steingard Studios and there work looks amazing! Are they based out of Ontario? Are you flying the photographer in for your wedding then? Was it expensive?? PM me if you get a sec.

Thanks!!

This is a wedding I shooting yesterday at 12 clock !!! Once again it was very very hot.It was a beach Wedding ...no shade...no wind you can imagine how hard it is for the guests .I think 12 clock is not the best time for a Wedding on the beach!! For a Photographer is it also not easy

smile43.gif

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi Ladies,

I have just found this website and I am so glad. I just book my wedding for May 19th at the Majestic Colonial and now I am so pumped!! I am finding that there is not enough information provided by the resort as to the reception, locations, flowers etc. I can't wait to look through all the information you ladies have compiled. I still have to decide on a dinner location, reception and well pretty much everything else in between. Like for a group of 20 ppl where should I have my reception?? Anywho let me get to reading and see if someone has already answered that.

Nice to meet other Dominican bride to-be's!

Chelsea

Hi! I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of the great posts! We are getting married at the Majestic Colonial June 9, 2010 - I can't wait! I have read a lot so far, but just joined the forum. I could not plan a destination wedding without this site! I hope I can be of some help over the coming months! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal&Matt2010 View Post
Hi! Thank you so much for sharing!! Have you seen the work of Florian or Photophil? I agree with the flowers, I am considering putting centerpieces and my bridesmaids flowers together before we go and having each person responsible for their own. I think I can do it MUCH cheaper this way and know exactly what I am getting. I read somewhere that one of the girls went to a market nearby. Did you happen to go on your visit? I was hoping to use some of the items from the market in my OOT bags to avoid packing as much as possible but wasn't sure what they sold their exactly! If you have any info on this as well I would love to hear about it!!

Thanks!!
I looked at Florian's work online and Phi's online and in the facebook group for majestic brides. He goes down for a few weeks at a time so the brides all share him so his rates are very reasonable. I recommend contacting him! I did not go to any markets outside the resort and just plan on checking extra luggage.