Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Hey everyone...

do any of the Canadian MC brides know of a tour operator that offers a packaged rate for less than 1 week stays at the Majestic?

I have a few people who want to just come down for 4 days 3 nights or 5 days 4 nights and when you look at booking flight and hotel seperately, it's really pricey!

thanks!

Jess

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica, Sunwing does sometimes but not very often.

I would suggest dealing with a TA for those people, my TA has found me some great deals for separate hotel/flight. There is usually an hour stop in the US somewhere but there are deals out there. If your guests do go this way there are a couple extra costs - the $10USD entry fee, and the transportation from airport to the resort ($45USD each way by taxi)

thanks Josh!

we do have a TA but I've found she really isn't into going above and beyond...my fiancee chose her sad.gif

So, I was thinking if I could tell her which tour operators do have less than 1 week stays, then that would narrow the search down for her in terms of getting a rate...

I've heard fantastic things about Megan Crouse from Weddings By Oceans... For Beachside Brides!

Her info can be found at her website or

Weddings By Oceans

45A West Wilmot St., Suite 206

Richmond Hill, ON L4B 2P2

T: (905) 764-2WED (2933)

F: (905) 764-2921

Toll Free: 1-866-764-2WED (2933)

Maybe she can do something else for you? I know my TA didn't know very much. She told me that you have to be in the DR for minimum of 3 days before you get married however those are the Mexican rules. Megan specializes in DW so maybe she is someone better to deal with?

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liujessicam View Post
thanks Josh!
we do have a TA but I've found she really isn't into going above and beyond...my fiancee chose her sad.gif
So, I was thinking if I could tell her which tour operators do have less than 1 week stays, then that would narrow the search down for her in terms of getting a rate...
Jessica,

send Adam at La Salle Travel in La Salle Manitoba an email: adam@lasalletravel.biz or call at PH: (204)-736-2003
or (204) - 261-3430 and tell him I sent you.

He knows the Majestic well, and with go WAY beyond the norm for you.

Hi everyone! So I have a tentative date set and I am so excited! (April 26, 2010). I have a few questions, and I apologize if they have already been answered in this thread, if they are silly questions, or both...maybe some of you can help me:

1. My fiance emailed the WC back after she gave him a handful of dates, so we picked the 26th. How long do you normally have to wait for confirmation of your date?

2. Is there a deposit we have to put down? We would almost feel more comfortable putting down some money, but I thought I read somewhere that the Majestic does not require a deposit.

3. Do we need to be in the DR 3 days before the wedding? I keep reading in some places we do, and in others we don't. To be honest, I would feel better getting there several days before anyways.

4. We are having a symbolic ceremony. Who performs the ceremony, does the WC do this? Do we need to hire someone?

5. We are going to a JP before the wedding to officially get married. I read on the internet we have to bring our marriage license to the DR on our wedding day. Anyone have an idea how long the marriage license takes to obtain? If we are getting married in April, how far in advance do we need to officially seal the deal first so we have the proper paperwork in hand?

Ok, I am done for now. If anyone could help, I would soooo apreciate it, thanks girlies!

Hi everyone I am off to the Majestic Elegance tonight at midnight. Wish me luck! I will be back on June 21 if anyone has any questions for me!

justgotengaged...now what?- Answers to your questions that I know:

2. No deposit is required.

4. The wedding coordinatior performs the ceremony, I believe that if you would like someone else to do it that is ok too.

I am going to let someone else answer these other questions as I live in Canada and the processes may be different in the US.

Happy Planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgotengaged...nowwhat? View Post
Hi everyone! So I have a tentative date set and I am so excited! (April 26, 2010). I have a few questions, and I apologize if they have already been answered in this thread, if they are silly questions, or both...maybe some of you can help me:

1. My fiance emailed the WC back after she gave him a handful of dates, so we picked the 26th. How long do you normally have to wait for confirmation of your date?
2. Is there a deposit we have to put down? We would almost feel more comfortable putting down some money, but I thought I read somewhere that the Majestic does not require a deposit.
3. Do we need to be in the DR 3 days before the wedding? I keep reading in some places we do, and in others we don't. To be honest, I would feel better getting there several days before anyways.
4. We are having a symbolic ceremony. Who performs the ceremony, does the WC do this? Do we need to hire someone?
5. We are going to a JP before the wedding to officially get married. I read on the internet we have to bring our marriage license to the DR on our wedding day. Anyone have an idea how long the marriage license takes to obtain? If we are getting married in April, how far in advance do we need to officially seal the deal first so we have the proper paperwork in hand?

Ok, I am done for now. If anyone could help, I would soooo apreciate it, thanks girlies!
1. It should probably take a couple of days to hear back for the confirmation.
2. No deposits. The confirmation email is your formal confirmation, every once in a while just repeat the date and time as you communicate just so there's no misunderstandings. That's what I will do.
3. No need to be in DR 3 days prior, you can get married straight off the plane but you should get there at least 2 days before the wedding because you will be meeting with your WC the day before, possibly in the morning, and they will send a note to your room the day before that meeting, or the day you get there if its before that.
4. The WC performs the ceremony, since its symbolic it could be anyone you want. I'm having a symbolic ceremony as well and a good friend of ours is performing the ceremony.
5. It all depends on where you live. Check with your local courthouse and ask how long it takes to receive your marriage license and plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_c View Post
1. It should probably take a couple of days to hear back for the confirmation.
2. No deposits. The confirmation email is your formal confirmation, every once in a while just repeat the date and time as you communicate just so there's no misunderstandings. That's what I will do.
3. No need to be in DR 3 days prior, you can get married straight off the plane but you should get there at least 2 days before the wedding because you will be meeting with your WC the day before, possibly in the morning, and they will send a note to your room the day before that meeting, or the day you get there if its before that.
4. The WC performs the ceremony, since its symbolic it could be anyone you want. I'm having a symbolic ceremony as well and a good friend of ours is performing the ceremony.
5. It all depends on where you live. Check with your local courthouse and ask how long it takes to receive your marriage license and plan accordingly.
5. I asked Maritee a similar question...I may do a catholic wedding prior to going down and she said if the marriage certificate wasn't available that a copy of the Record of solemnization of marriage would be enough proof.

Hi girls!

So I have all the info I need now from my TA to go ahead and deposit for my first 10 guests.

Anyone know if I should confirm with the WC (Sandra or Maritee) a wedding date during the week I am reserving at the majestic before I deposit?? I'm afraid I won't hear back for weeks and that I'll have to wait again for new quotes from my TA. I'm SO ready to send out my invites!! I can't wait!

Thanks!!

smile03.gif