Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Hello AquaCait!!! I see you were married a couple days after I was at the Elegance.....Congrats to you and the Mr !!!!  I was just wondering if you've recieved your wedding certificate as of yet?  I emailed Andreina a couple weeks ago inquiring and she still had not recieived our certificate, but would send it out as soon as she had.Can you believe it'll be 3 months next week that we've been married...already???? Signed.... Anxious to recieve the marriage certificate to change my surname ;) Norma PS, The photos you've shared are beautiful!   
Thanks Norma!! I actually think we saw you and your Mr!! We did get our certificate about 2 weeks ago. I'm just trying now to figure out how I need to translate it...do we go back to the consulate?? Congrats on your wedding!!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by AquaCait View Post

Thanks Norma!! I actually think we saw you and your Mr!!

We did get our certificate about 2 weeks ago. I'm just trying now to figure out how I need to translate it...do we go back to the consulate??

Congrats on your wedding!!

Awww really???  You may have seen us???  That day was such a blur...lol  Thank you for the well wishes.

On your special day I was out on an all day excursion, but I did pretty much creep all weddings on the beach and at the gazebo when I was on the grounds, each time tearing up as the bride made her way to her groom...I'm such a sap!!!

Okay, now I'm concerned.  It was 2 weeks ago today Andreina replied saying she had not recieved our certificate.  And that she would email me when it did come in and mail it out promptly.  I think 3 months is a very long time to wait...too long.  

I did wonder about the spanish certifificate, and was going to inquire at the consulate if it did have to be translated in order to use it as proof of marriage here in Ontario.  I'm thinking it would have to be...can you imagine the look you'd get at the Service Ontario centre handing over your original Spanish marriage certificate to assume your married name???  LOL

Let me know what you end up doing about translating. I see more paperwork maybe in our future.   cheesy.gif

Awww really???  You may have seen us???  That day was such a blur...lol  Thank you for the well wishes. On your special day I was out on an all day excursion, but I did pretty much creep all weddings on the beach and at the gazebo when I was on the grounds, each time tearing up as the bride made her way to her groom...I'm such a sap!!! Okay, now I'm concerned.  It was 2 weeks ago today Andreina replied saying she had not recieved our certificate.  And that she would email me when it did come in and mail it out promptly.  I think 3 months is a very long time to wait...too long.   I did wonder about the spanish certifificate, and was going to inquire at the consulate if it did have to be translated in order to use it as proof of marriage here in Ontario.  I'm thinking it would have to be...can you imagine the look you'd get at the Service Ontario centre handing over your original Spanish marriage certificate to assume your married name???  LOL Let me know what you end up doing about translating. I see more paperwork maybe in our future.   :D
I was crreeping other weddings too...i admit it!! I got an email back from the Dominican consulate in Toronto, and they said that we just have to photocopy the certificate, front and back, and mail it in with a $40 money order and a return envelope (addressed and stamped). No legalisation is needed because it is recognized here. Then it just gets attached to the spanish one and then there will be no weird looks from service ontario staff....lol Hopefully you get your certificate soon!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Anyone have information on the religious ceremony ? How much extra does it cost ? What paperworks would I need ? Can it still be done at the resort?

My man just realized that destination wedding = no Church, gahhhhh about time ! We've been talking about this wedding for like 5 years now...

I need to find a compromise.. HELP :)

Originally Posted by AquaCait View Post

I was crreeping other weddings too...i admit it!! I got an email back from the Dominican consulate in Toronto, and they said that we just have to photocopy the certificate, front and back, and mail it in with a $40 money order and a return envelope (addressed and stamped). No legalisation is needed because it is recognized here. Then it just gets attached to the spanish one and then there will be no weird looks from service ontario staff....lol

Hopefully you get your certificate soon!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Haha...you are adorable my fellow wedding creeper!!! 

Well GREAT NEWS....our Certificate was sent express post and arrived yesterday from the DR.  (you can uncross your fingers)

Thank you for the info from the consulate.  I'm going to get everything ready this weekend and mail it out Tuesday.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!!!

Norma

Originally Posted by missroxy View Post

Anyone have information on the religious ceremony ? How much extra does it cost ? What paperworks would I need ? Can it still be done at the resort?

My man just realized that destination wedding = no Church, gahhhhh about time ! We've been talking about this wedding for like 5 years now...

I need to find a compromise.. HELP :)

Hell Missroxy

Congrats & Welcome!!!

The prices I was quoted last year when planning were $1750 for Catholic & Civil Ceremony & $1250 for a Symbolic Ceremony.

Documents required for the Catholic & Civil Ceremony would be:

â–ºPhotocopy of birth certificates + translation in Spanish & legalization

â–ºPhotocopy of passports (couple & two witnesses *note: witnesses cannot be related or share last name of bride or groom)

â–ºSingle status declaration + translation in Spanish and legalization

â–ºOriginal divorce decree + translation in Spanish and legalization if applicable

Translation & legalization is done through the Dominican consulate in your area. 

I sent all my documents to the consulate in Toronto and had everything back in a very timely manner.

Document required for the Symbolic Ceremony:

â–ºCopy of your Marriage Certificate

I'm not 100% sure if there is more to do with a Catholic Ceremony, but your wedding coordinator, I'm sure, would be happy to help you out with any other questions.

The Majestic does have a little chapel on the Colonial side, but there is also the beach & gazebo locations to choose from.....so many options for your fiancé, that he won't be able to make you wait any longer....lol

I hope this has helped.......happy planning MissRoxy

Norma

·

·

·

Originally Posted by Butterfly67 View Post

Hell Missroxy

Congrats & Welcome!!!

The prices I was quoted last year when planning were $1750 for Catholic & Civil Ceremony & $1250 for a Symbolic Ceremony.

Documents required for the Catholic & Civil Ceremony would be:

â–ºPhotocopy of birth certificates + translation in Spanish & legalization

â–ºPhotocopy of passports (couple & two witnesses *note: witnesses cannot be related or share last name of bride or groom)

â–ºSingle status declaration + translation in Spanish and legalization

â–ºOriginal divorce decree + translation in Spanish and legalization if applicable

Translation & legalization is done through the Dominican consulate in your area. 

I sent all my documents to the consulate in Toronto and had everything back in a very timely manner.

Document required for the Symbolic Ceremony:

â–ºCopy of your Marriage Certificate

I'm not 100% sure if there is more to do with a Catholic Ceremony, but your wedding coordinator, I'm sure, would be happy to help you out with any other questions.

The Majestic does have a little chapel on the Colonial side, but there is also the beach & gazebo locations to choose from.....so many options for your fiancé, that he won't be able to make you wait any longer....lol

I hope this has helped.......happy planning MissRoxy

Norma

·

·

·

YAY!! That helps a lot :) Thank you so much !

Marie