Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

I think I've seen stuff about them on here...check the sidebar thingy for links (>>>)

I'm using Caribbean Emotions and I couldn't be happier with my choice...everything I've seen and heard is awesome!!!!!

Originally Posted by DominicanLeila View Post

Hello Ladies-

Has anyone heard of Blue Lagoon Studio? I ran into them on the Majestic Colonial Facebook page and I wanted to see if anyone has heard of them.

Thanks!

Leila

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone - I posted the below a while back, but I see this thread is active and has great information!

I have been a frequent visitor to these threads since getting engaged July of last year.  The women and brides-to-be are all absolutely fantastic and RIGHT ON POINT with planning and creativity.  I hope to contribute at least a little and be of some sort of help.  My fiance is seriously blown away with how knowledgeable I have become in managing an event that isn't so easy to plan from far away, but I attribute all my knowledge to you gals!

I am getting married at the Majestic Colonial on August 11, 2012 - and DRPrincesa, I hope to have the pleasure of seeing/meeting you while on the trip!  I have booked the Gazebo for a 3pm Catholic Wedding and will have my reception at the MC Ballroom later that evening.   

One of the major factors I do want to budget for with as much time as possible is the Drinking/Alcohol.  Given the number of people we expect (even if it is on the "conservative" side of my fiance's calculations: 60), a per hour per person Open Bar cannot be entertained.  At this point, we are opting for the buffet of $70 per person ($55 + 26%), which includes beer, wine, champagne and soda.  

However, I want to make sure we aren't too quick to dismiss options that our guests will enjoy.  So here is a list of thoughts/questions: 

1) We stay solely to the Buffet + Basic Open Bar as spelled out above.  Wouldn't be the worst, but I don't want guests leaving the reception/dance floor to get a drink, though I understand the next full-bar isn't so far away?

2) We buy liquor from the Duty Free (have to buy it NYC because you don't have the option of buying it in Punta Cana), pay the cork fee of $10 per bottle, and of course hire bartenders ($15 per bartender per hour, as I have read on threads).  The wedding guide (FAQ doc) has the cork fee information, but nowhere does it mention the bartenders.  Some of the threads even state that bringing alcohol is no longer accepted - can anyone clarify?

Option B for bringing our own liquor - just have a bottle on every table, though I don't know how much this would add/take away from the aesthetics.

3) National/International Open Bar - Does the full price ($15/$25 respectively) only apply to the first hour, and then drop to half for every hour after?  Does anyone know if this still applies?  Even though I think this will still far exceed our budget, it is nice to know that the option isn't as bad as I had originally anticipated (paying the full price per person per hour).

Any thoughts would be great.  I have been trying to contact Stephany (our WC) on these points, but in case anyone has any insight in advance, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Again, so nice to meet so many of you, and I wish you all a WONDERFUL 2012 and joyful planning!

CC

Thank you Alissa & Eric for choose Caribbean Emotions for this important Day.
It was a pleasure for us, to work with you and we had lots of Fun.We wish you all the best for the Future.

Thank you :)

Michael & Pascal

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

P.S: Ask us, about our Multimedia Package Pictures & Video.
info@caribbeanemotions.com

Full Trash the Dress clip of the wedding from Alissa and Eric 2012 in the great Majestic Hotel

www.caribbeanemotions.com 

Caribbean Emotions Photography Reviews

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am finally getting time to sit and write a review, so I figured this is a good place to start.  We only had our ceremony at the Majestic Elegance, and our reception was at the Jellyfish (haven't gotten to that one yet, as it will be a long one too, but soon...).

We booked our date (May 9th, 3pm on the beach) in April of 2011, but prior to that, it had been on hold and Sandra was really good about kepping us in the loop and letting us know what was happening.  I probably emailed Sandra a hundred times with stupid questions, and they all were answered, no problems. 

The hardest part of everything was doing the paperwork translations, and they were still pretty easy.  We sent down all of our papers, and the passport copies of our witnesses (my brother, my sister-in-law, and my husband's sister).  This was the biggest problem that we had.  I had gotten an email back from Sandra saying that everything was good and there were no problems.  When we met with Andreina on May 7, we found out that witnesses can NOT have the same last name as the bride or groom.  Which would have been fine if we'd known before.  Thankfully my SIL never changed her last name, so that was OK, and my best friend was able to sign for us as well.  This was by far the biggest glitch that we had. 

Now, when we got to the ME, we did not receive our letter saying when and where our meeting was, so we went on Sunday morning (the 6th) and asked the front desk.  Apparently Sunday is the day off for the co-ordinators, as no one was there.  Monday (the 7th) we tried again and got in touch with Andreina, who was our assigned co-ordinator.  We asked about our meeting, and she informed us that our meeting was scheduled for May 8th at 10am.  This wasn't going to work at all for us.  We had planned a golf day for all the guys, and I had my hair trial.  Oh, and it was the day before the wedding!!  My husband explained our situation, and Andreina said that she would see what she could do.  We got our letter saying to meet her at 4pm on the 7th, by about 1pm.  I think she managed to squeeze us in between a ceremony and a reception...but we both really appreciated it, and it eased the stress off of us both.

We took everything that needed to be set up to Andreina for the meeting.  We had lots of stuff. We had fans, parasols, sand ceremony, and paint brushes (I will post a pic, got the idea from Etsy..."To brush the sand from your toes...") and a basket and sign for those, and CDs of our music.  We had to go over all of our selections again, for colours and what we've decided over the course of the year.  We also had to bring down my dress and my husband's suit to be steamed (my dress had the train hooked up on the hanger, and they didn't take it down before steaming, so it was a bit wrinkled, but not bad...and it my it back to where I was getting ready, not my room, so I was happy...)

On the ceremony itself, we hadn't chosen a song for signing the papers, but Andreina selected Lucky, by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait, which was great, because I love that song!!

The salon was really good, I had made the appointments with Sandra when I sent in paperwork, but I went to confirm them anyways (especially now that the Colonial lost their Spa).  Everything went great, just be sure that you take extra bobby pins and hairspray...my hair was falling out by the time we got to the reception...my makeup looked great though...

I think that is about it...any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on here...

Now pictures (thanks to Caribbean Emotions)!!

Ceremony SiteBrush Basket

Paint BrushesDSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi Caitlin,

where did your fiance get his suit from? Is it a rental or did you buy it? We're looking for something similar :)

Also, thanks for your amazing review! We'll be staying at the ME and having our wedding at the Jellyfish too! Did you say you made a hair appointment before you got down to PC?

Thanks!

Kaylin

Your pics are great! What is the exact color are the blue sashes?  I am going crazy with the different shades of blue. lol

Originally Posted by AquaCait View Post

I am finally getting time to sit and write a review, so I figured this is a good place to start.  We only had our ceremony at the Majestic Elegance, and our reception was at the Jellyfish (haven't gotten to that one yet, as it will be a long one too, but soon...).

We booked our date (May 9th, 3pm on the beach) in April of 2011, but prior to that, it had been on hold and Sandra was really good about kepping us in the loop and letting us know what was happening.  I probably emailed Sandra a hundred times with stupid questions, and they all were answered, no problems. 

The hardest part of everything was doing the paperwork translations, and they were still pretty easy.  We sent down all of our papers, and the passport copies of our witnesses (my brother, my sister-in-law, and my husband's sister).  This was the biggest problem that we had.  I had gotten an email back from Sandra saying that everything was good and there were no problems.  When we met with Andreina on May 7, we found out that witnesses can NOT have the same last name as the bride or groom.  Which would have been fine if we'd known before.  Thankfully my SIL never changed her last name, so that was OK, and my best friend was able to sign for us as well.  This was by far the biggest glitch that we had. 

Now, when we got to the ME, we did not receive our letter saying when and where our meeting was, so we went on Sunday morning (the 6th) and asked the front desk.  Apparently Sunday is the day off for the co-ordinators, as no one was there.  Monday (the 7th) we tried again and got in touch with Andreina, who was our assigned co-ordinator.  We asked about our meeting, and she informed us that our meeting was scheduled for May 8th at 10am.  This wasn't going to work at all for us.  We had planned a golf day for all the guys, and I had my hair trial.  Oh, and it was the day before the wedding!!  My husband explained our situation, and Andreina said that she would see what she could do.  We got our letter saying to meet her at 4pm on the 7th, by about 1pm.  I think she managed to squeeze us in between a ceremony and a reception...but we both really appreciated it, and it eased the stress off of us both.

We took everything that needed to be set up to Andreina for the meeting.  We had lots of stuff. We had fans, parasols, sand ceremony, and paint brushes (I will post a pic, got the idea from Etsy..."To brush the sand from your toes...") and a basket and sign for those, and CDs of our music.  We had to go over all of our selections again, for colours and what we've decided over the course of the year.  We also had to bring down my dress and my husband's suit to be steamed (my dress had the train hooked up on the hanger, and they didn't take it down before steaming, so it was a bit wrinkled, but not bad...and it my it back to where I was getting ready, not my room, so I was happy...)

On the ceremony itself, we hadn't chosen a song for signing the papers, but Andreina selected Lucky, by Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait, which was great, because I love that song!!

The salon was really good, I had made the appointments with Sandra when I sent in paperwork, but I went to confirm them anyways (especially now that the Colonial lost their Spa).  Everything went great, just be sure that you take extra bobby pins and hairspray...my hair was falling out by the time we got to the reception...my makeup looked great though...

I think that is about it...any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or catch me on here...

Now pictures (thanks to Caribbean Emotions)!!

Ceremony SiteBrush Basket

Paint BrushesDSC_0773.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

Hi Caitlin, where did your fiance get his suit from? Is it a rental or did you buy it? We're looking for something similar :) Also, thanks for your amazing review! We'll be staying at the ME and having our wedding at the Jellyfish too! Did you say you made a hair appointment before you got down to PC? Thanks! Kaylin  
Hi Kaylin! We got my husbands suit at Stars menswear in Vaughan Mills (if you are in Ontario). I did make all of my appointments, including the bridesmaid and moms, before we left. I just emailed Sandra the details when I sent my paperwork down. Good luck!!