Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Have you checked out the Jellyfish Restaurant thread on here?  There are 3 or 4 brides that have just gotten married there in the last 2 months that will still show up and answer questions (plus pics and reviews).  One of them (on page 61 I think...) even talks about having kids and elderly people there.  I think it's only a 20-30 minute drive, but don't quote me on that...

Originally Posted by Ameralusion View Post

For those who had their reception at the Jellyfish:

Did  you find the trip there and back to be too long/too much for quests?

How did it work for guests wanting to leave early?

I have a few people coming with kids, myself included, and had wanted to have my reception at the resort to allow for people to be able to come and go as needed. But the Jellyfish seems to be nicer and better value. My FI is concerned about the distance from the resort to the restaurant.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear you think our rates are good! I have seen some brides on the MC brides facebook group get lower rates but for different times of the year.  The hotel is sold out for our week so I am happy that guests never had to worry about other getting last minute deals for nothing... that just doesnt happen with the Majestic and it doesnt seem to matter what time of year you are talking about!

We have departures from Toronto, Ottawa, Saskatoon, Halifax I think that is it.....

We were looking into do the jellyfish reception idea too but with kids and some older people we decided to suck it up and stick with the majestic as that way people aren't "stuck" and they can go back to their rooms and come and go as they please if they like! I hear the jellyfish is phenominal though, but after 4 attempts to Mayte and never hearing back I gave up (also FI put the kabosh!)

Sandra is the WC at the first "info" email and she is awesome but obviously handling a ton of brides.  She is away until Jan 7th but will get back to you when she has a chance so be patient.  You can always try info2 I believe it goes to stephanie but if you arent in a rush (2013 they wont let you book until 1 year before anyways) than I would just wait.  I'd be happy to email you pricing info and whatnot if that is what you're looking for!

Those are great rates! What cities are they flying out of? We will have guests from BC, Alberta and Toronto. Does anyone know how much flights are for April?  We are planning an April 2013 wedding at ME.  

For those who did Jellyfish for their reception how was it for kids? I am worried about doing a reception off ME for those who have kids (myself included). I thought it would be nice to stay at the ME during the reception for those who have kids wont have to pack things to bring with them, can retreat to their rooms as needed etc.  

Also, I emailed Majestic the other day to find out about booking a ceremony date and have yet to hear back from anyone. I did get an auto away response from info.weddings@majestic and redirected to info2.weddings@majestic. Anyone else have any luck getting a response?

I actually did hear back from Stephany asking me what date I was looking for so I gave her a date to hold. I am leaning more towards the Jellyfish as I did talk to someone who had her wedding there and had many different age groups, including children. I was just not entirely confident about value for money at the Majestic and quality. I also thought it would be a nice treat for our guests to get off the resort.

Our travel agent informed me today that she won't be able to book anything until 10 months before, nor can she hold any rooms for us. Also, the rates she quoted for us out of Toronto was 1500 and 2300 out of Vancouver for basic rooms. I know it is too early right now to book anything, but 10 months before?? Is that right?

They generally dont release anything until 1 year before.  Like we couldnt find any Feb travel rates for 2012 until Late february 2011 or maybe even march so 10 months doesnt seem too out there!

I actually did hear back from Stephany asking me what date I was looking for so I gave her a date to hold. I am leaning more towards the Jellyfish as I did talk to someone who had her wedding there and had many different age groups, including children. I was just not entirely confident about value for money at the Majestic and quality. I also thought it would be a nice treat for our guests to get off the resort.

Our travel agent informed me today that she won't be able to book anything until 10 months before, nor can she hold any rooms for us. Also, the rates she quoted for us out of Toronto was 1500 and 2300 out of Vancouver for basic rooms. I know it is too early right now to book anything, but 10 months before?? Is that right?

That is a great deal and does help and I meant Feb 2013 what TA are you using? or where did you get your trip package?

Originally Posted by torilynnsmith View Post

Hi DomicanLeila......

I am not sure if you mean Feb 2012, or Feb 2013..... I know Feb 2012 is nearly fully booked now as far as I know.

I am in Canada and here we get trip packages, it includes flight, transfer to and from the airport and 7 nights stay, our guests are paying between $1450 and $1530 depending their Canadian departure city, hope this helps!

Just as a note, the rates that were quoted to us by Air Transat, etc, when were we 12-13 months out were way higher than when we got final rates.  We've got guests coming from Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto too.  When we got our first round of quotes we were really worried about the rates from Vancouver and Calgary because they were so high, they were out of our preferred price range.  Our travel agent said that if the charter companies don't have their contracts settled they will tend to quote on the high side, just to cover their bases.  To give you an idea, the quotes were off by a few hundred dollars for most resorts.

Hope that makes you feel like there's some hope of them coming down when you're closer!  And yes, we were about 11 months out when we booked for Nov. 2012.  

Oh that is so reassuring! I am really glad to hear that. I was really worried about asking people to pay $2300 each when the majority of our guests are flying out of BC. I am awaiting quotes from vision2000 and Itravel hope they have some better numbers for me. But I guess we wont really be able to book anything until April/May

Originally Posted by mimiq View Post

Just as a note, the rates that were quoted to us by Air Transat, etc, when were we 12-13 months out were way higher than when we got final rates.  We've got guests coming from Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto too.  When we got our first round of quotes we were really worried about the rates from Vancouver and Calgary because they were so high, they were out of our preferred price range.  Our travel agent said that if the charter companies don't have their contracts settled they will tend to quote on the high side, just to cover their bases.  To give you an idea, the quotes were off by a few hundred dollars for most resorts.

Hope that makes you feel like there's some hope of them coming down when you're closer!  And yes, we were about 11 months out when we booked for Nov. 2012.  

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE