Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still waiting to here back from the WC..but maybe someone here can help:

if you have a reception at the wet bar which is $55 a person then you add the open bar as well....do you have to also pay the 300 dollar set up fee? under special events?

has anyone done the buffet at the wet bar or any other location? how was it?

Hi everyone! We're getting married May 25th at the Elegance. We're bringing our photographer from Montreal if anyone is interested his name is Paul Doumit

www.pauldoumit.com

PM me for more info

Also, with islandbride 8: until what time are you doing your reception at the WetBar? I heard you can only do a private reception until 11pm, and I find that kind of early.

Is it a good deal to do a restaurant for dinner and a different location for the party after? I was thinking of doing the whole thing at the WetBar but it's getting really expensive.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgregory View Post

Also, with islandbride 8: until what time are you doing your reception at the WetBar? I heard you can only do a private reception until 11pm, and I find that kind of early.

Is it a good deal to do a restaurant for dinner and a different location for the party after? I was thinking of doing the whole thing at the WetBar but it's getting really expensive.

We are having dinner at the steakhouse and then private reception at Wet bar.  Dinner is at 6:30 and reception from 8-11.  The private dinner was WAAAAYYY too expensive for us, which is why we are doing it at the steakhouse (included).  Also, we aren't having an open bar at the reception.  We are paying $5 pp/hr for champagne/wine/beer/sodas which is much more reasonable than the crazy prices to include liquor!  We are paying $550 to rent the wetbar and sound system for 3 hours and then the per person for the drinks.  11pm is early, but our ceremony is at 1pm (boo) so we're already looking at a really long day.  I figure if we still need to party, we can just crash a bar!

So I'm getting married in 6 weeks at the ME and was just informed from my guests that the hotel is sold out!  Has this happened to anyone?  My WC is not helping much.  She suggested the Colonial but that means my guests have to pay a day pass to hang out with me the whole time.  Has anyone ever heard or know what I can do.  I've stressed to her via email that I need more rooms but I'm still waiting to hear back.  Should I try to talk the hotel manager? The only other option is to put more people in a room. 

Any suggestions? 

Make sure you'd have to get a day pass if they stay at the Colonial b/c i was told earlier that they could attend the wedding free of charge (you can freely walk between both resorts).  I was also told that you can eat at the buffet at either resort, so surely you could attend the wedding!  If you do have to get day passes, you may not agree with this, i would make the guest pay for them.  I'm sure it wasn't your idea for them to wait so long to book!  I'm sorry this hiccup is so close to your big day.  Definately confirm the day pass thing though, because my WC is the one who told me guests could stay at either place (i even have it posted on my website that guests have the option of either resort)!  AHHH  now i'm stressing!  lol  let us know how this works out for you!