Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

You are being married on my 1st anniversary.  We got married on June 29, 2010 at Elegance on the beach at 3:00 pm.  What I found is that most of your arrangements are really decided in the meeting with the WC one day before the wedding.  Also, you need to be able to go with the flow.....I asked for certain flowers and different ones came, they told me a golf cart would pick me up - it didn't I had to walk across the resort to the beach, they told me photographer would come to the room he didn't, the list goes on.  At first I was disappointed but our wedding was beautiful so you need to keep things in perspective as best you can and not be hung up on all the things you ask for.  There are many examples of this and I was quite disappointed with the WC I had.  I worked with one WC up until I arrived only to find out that she wasn't there the day of my wedding and it appeared didn't tell anyone what we talked about previously.  I had my hair done at the spa and they did an awesome job but no one spoke English so have pictures with you.  It stayed great in the heat - they recommended that I put it up even though my hair is shoulder length which was a great suggestion and kept it neat the whole day.  We got the basic photo package at the hotel and our photographer was excellent.  We didn't meet him until I arrived walking down the aisle for the ceremony at the beach but he took pictures that really captured what we wanted.  Very candid shots and beautiful views (he photo shopped out all the people on the beach or swimming in the water so it looked like we were the only ones in the photos).  Here's a link to my photos on Facebook if you're interested to see what I mean...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=222524&id=612283734&l=0abdbb9df6

It was a second marriage for us and we just had a small ceremony with immediate family.  We had a bunch of other issues as well because we left our papers (the Apostile, etc.) at home that we worked tirelessly to pull together.  They will not marry you without the papers so don't forget them.  We ended up getting married on the beach on Tuesday as planned in a symbolic ceremony by the WC and then at the Elegance concierge club in our bathing suits by the judge on Saturday.  Still waiting for marriage license 4+ months later.  

Hit me back if you want more details....good luck...a good day to get married

Kim

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, so far I have only paid a $500 deposit to reserve the Presidential Suite (but that is an extra cost).  I believe you pay for the entire wedding package + extras during your meeting with the WC when you get there.  Outside vendors may require a deposit though (i.e. we paid a deposit to DJ Mannia).

This is for all the brides who have already been married @ ME...  Our ceremony is at the gazebo.  I'm thinking about bringing my own isle runner and was just wondering if it's worth it?  I'm not paying $100 to use theirs, and I can get a nice one online for around $20 but is it worth it to lug it down there?!?!

Is it really $100 to use their runner?   I think I will have to bring one with me.   I saw one at Michael's.  I wonder the length though.   I also want to use silk rose petals for the runner.  I guess I will bringing that as well.

Does anyone know about music for the ceremony?  What are other brides doing?  I'd like to walk down the aisle with something playing.  Is it just an Ipod they provide?

Wendy