Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Hi Ladies,

I've been dealing with wardes and she has been pretty good about getting back to me fairly quickly. My big day is next wednesday!! and I arrive on Saturday. I'm not too worried about the pricing right now because I have a feeling we'll be able to negotiate once we get there.

I'll be sure to write a review when we're back! Don't worry, hang in there!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well ladies!! Sandra got back to me with her sincerest apologies as May is a very crazy time for them.

I have worked out and now booked our wedding date!!!

Feb 25, 2011 - Majestic Elegence

1:00 pm on the beach (symbolic ceremony)!!!!!!

Yippeeeee!!!!

We also just booked with La Barcaza for our reception, sent the wire transfer today to secure it!!!

It's all coming together!!!

I do feel for you guys though!! now that we have our date and time secured...i am not going sweat the rest, I am at ease!! it can all be worked out!!

Hang in there ladies!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig View Post
Well ladies!! Sandra got back to me with her sincerest apologies as May is a very crazy time for them.

Yippeeeee!!!!

We also just booked with La Barcaza for our reception, sent the wire transfer today to secure it!!!

I do feel for you guys though!! now that we have our date and time secured...i am not going sweat the rest, I am at ease!! it can all be worked out!!

Hang in there ladies!!!!
congratulations!!

it really is much less stressful once you have your date and details booked.

enjoy the rest of your planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykat2011 View Post
I will be getting married at the Majestic Colonial on the 20th of January, 2011.
Is your photographer able to work that date? What would the prices range from if you get multiple weddings to book?
Congrats! Phil Steingard will be there during that time and it will be a lot cheaper if there are at least 3-4 couples that book. PM me if you have any further questions.

Happy planning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn&Kraig View Post

Yippeeeee!!!!

Hang in there ladies!!!!

Hey Again,

I emailed Sandra again after a couple of weeks, and got a reply back right away - we FINALLY have our date - April 26th, 2011 at the Gazebo for a civil ceremony! Now to figure out what to do for a reception!!!
Happy Planning! And dont stress! =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgirl2011 View Post
Hey Again,

I emailed Sandra again after a couple of weeks, and got a reply back right away - we FINALLY have our date - April 26th, 2011 at the Gazebo for a civil ceremony! Now to figure out what to do for a reception!!!
Happy Planning! And dont stress! =)

congrats!!

Wedding review May 26, 2010

To start off, the resort is beautiful. I had about 28 guests, and every single person was very impressed with the resort. Some couples had been down to Punta Cana 3 times before, and thought it was the nicest place they stayed at. We got in on a Monday, and our wedding was on Wednesday. Monday night we got a letter under our door telling us we would meet Yadallis the next morning. I had been dealing with Sandra all along, but Yadallis had all the information. They really know what they are doing. You are allowed to make last minute changes; which is great too.

The day of the wedding:

It had been raining off and on since we arrived in Punta Cana. When I woke up, it was overcast, but not raining. Of course I wanted to get married on the beach, so I was hoping for sun, as I’m sure every destination bride hopes for. Well, that wasn’t my luck that day. It rained ALL day. Wardes who was putting on my wedding, called me at 11 that day (my ceremony was at 3) and informed me that there was a 90% chance of heavy rain at 3, and my best bet was to change it to the lobby. I asked if it wasn’t too bad, that I would like it in the gazebo. So we stuck with that. She called me back around noon, and said I woud be better off switching it to the lobby, and my reception to the ball room. The reception was going to be at the wetbar. Of course I was really bummed out, because I went to this beautiful place to have an OUTDOOR wedding. Although the lobby is beautiful, it really wasn’t what I wanted. My dad called my room to inform me they were setting up the gazebo around 1. I got really excited, and figured it would be good even if it rained. We called down and spoke with the wedding coordinators who informed me I COULD have it in the gazebo, and keep my reception at the wetbar. Around 2:30 my dad called my room back and told me they took down the gazebo and were setting up in the lobby! I’m a very laid back person, and nothing about the wedding stressed me out….until then. I started freaking out. Phil Steingard was my photographer, and he ran down there 15 min before my wedding and talked to Wardes and asked her to change it back to the gazebo. They did. I am so grateful to Phil for that.

When it was time to walk down the aisle, it was sprinkling very lightly. I did a symbolic ceremony, but it was very hard to hear Wardes. All and all, everything was beautiful. I am actually very glad I had it in the gazebo; it really is a lot more private and intimate than the beach. The beach is beautiful too, but you should just be aware, that there are going to be A LOT of people around watching, and walking behind the wedding along the water.

We also used the saxophonist for the ceremony. I would really recommend him, if you don’t have your heart set on a particular song to walk down to. He can play all the traditional wedding songs, and this way, you don’t have to “time” everything perfectly.

We didn’t do dinner until 7. Before that Phil Steingard brought us EVERYWHERE taking pictures. I can’t say enough about him. He is absolutely AMAZING! He is so energetic, and he really keeps you going. All of my guests were very impressed by him and his work. If you need a photographer, I would definitely use him. He told me that he has done about 75-100 destination weddings, and ours was the first one he had done where it had been rained out the whole day. He really wanted to get us beach pictures, so he met us the next morning at 9:30 to do some, even though he had another wedding at 11. I can’t thank him enough, because the beach pictures were really important to me. He made the most of the rain, and took some really amazing pictures with an umbrella.

We did the included dinner at the Steak house. Steak and lobster. The table was set up nicely. I had used 3 of their centerpieces, along with the centerpiece from the ceremony. Although you are in the steakhouse with everyone else, you don’t notice anyone besides the people you are with. I would highly recommend it.

Around 9, we went to the wetbar. It was perfect for my group, because we definitely weren’t a dancing group. It was still raining, so the tables were inside, rather than outside under the terrace. With the tables inside, you lose a lot of your dance floor. Like I said, it wasn’t an issue for my group. I went with their DJ, which I decided last minute. I really didn’t want anyone of my guests to have to bother with the ipod. We ended up hooking up the ipod for half the time to get some songs on there we really wanted to listen to. The cake was amazing, everything was amazing.

If you are going to have your wedding here, there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about. If it rains, don’t worry, your wedding will still be amazing. The wedding coordinators are very good and really know what they are doing.

One more thing just to warn you, every single one of my guests had stomach issues at least once during their stay, some worse than others. As I had mentioned before, some of my guests have been to Punta Cana several times, and this is the first time they had an issue with the food. Just make sure to bring some Imodium with you, and you will be fine!