Photo

Excellence Riviera Maya

• Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#411 Sheen811

Sheen811
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

There are 1 or 2 restaurants closed each night. Depending on the night of your wedding, will depend on what restaurants are open/closed.

I have to say that if we were having an inside reception the Foyer would be my first choice. This is actually my back up plan if there is bad weather. It's really private becuase it's actually connected to the lobby, but it's hidden on the side that people barely even notice it. There are doors so it is blocked off and not open to the lobby area. It also overlooks the beach area/ocean which is beautifully lit up at night and you get the open area because it's in enclosed outside area.

What i liked about the foyer is that you can really make it your own and set it up however you would like. There is also any an adjacent outside area that you can utilize as a sitting area for your guests and is also good area for cigar smoking for the men :)

Originally Posted by krmiller 

No, I haven't seen Beachgirls pics.  I will have to go look for them.  I forgot about the foyer!  I had looked at so many resorts before deciding on this one that I am so confused on which resort has what!!  We will probably have around 35-40 people coming to the wedding.  Aren't the restaurants closed for the evening?  How is the foyer more private?

#412 Sheen811

Sheen811
    • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:17 AM

The area that you see in the picture is not really that private. When we were there they either had 3 - 4 small tables for 1-2 people or they set up 1 larger table for about 6-10 people. Not sure that you can get that many more people up there. This also overlooks the pool area and can be kind of loud during the day; not at night. The pool bar is placed directly underneath.

Originally Posted by Jewels93 

Is that a private area up the stairs? Do you know how many it sits? Is this part of the Lobster House? That would be perfect for the reception dinner for a small party, Hmmm.

Thanks!

#413 endlesslove

endlesslove
      • 362 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:02 AM

This was The Grill, so if you're going to do the Lobster house, it's the same just on the other side. While we were there a reception was in the LH and they took the tables to make one long table, and removed the others. The private area up the stairs isn't on the side of the LH, only the Grill. I think the reception there had maybe 20 people. They had enough room for dancing, the DJ, and the table.

Originally Posted by Jewels93 

Is that a private area up the stairs? Do you know how many it sits? Is this part of the Lobster House? That would be perfect for the reception dinner for a small party, Hmmm.

Thanks!

#414 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
        • 49 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

The beds are a little hard for me, but I was never uncomfortable.  The restaurants would be closed, but they are both more open than the foyer area.  For instance, Agave's courtyard is on a main walkway of the resort.  There is really nothing stopping anyone from joining your party, theoretically.  All will be beautiful spaces and I am sure that the other resort patrons will respect your privacy. 

#415 krmiller

krmiller
          • 239 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:55 PM

Does anyone know who the photographer is at ERC?  I'm trying to decide if I want to use the resort photographer or hire an outside photographer.

#416 Sheen811

Sheen811
            • 34 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 07:34 AM

The resort uses Juan Navarro and his company. You can check out his work at www.juanphotos.com I liked his work but we were looking for something a little different.

We booked Lincoln from "Moments that Matter" photography www.momentsthatmatterphotography.com I loved their pictures and i can't wait for them to shoot our wedding.

Originally Posted by krmiller 

Does anyone know who the photographer is at ERC?  I'm trying to decide if I want to use the resort photographer or hire an outside photographer.

#417 krmiller

krmiller
              • 239 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:23 AM

Thanks!!  That's who I was thinking.  I know EPM uses Juan Navarro too.  I just looked up Lincoln's pics.  They are awesome!!

Originally Posted by Sheen811 

The resort uses Juan Navarro and his company. You can check out his work at www.juanphotos.com I liked his work but we were looking for something a little different.

We booked Lincoln from "Moments that Matter" photography www.momentsthatmatterphotography.com I loved their pictures and i can't wait for them to shoot our wedding.

#418 tiffaharper

tiffaharper
                • 3 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

Hi! I am also getting married in April of 2011! What day are you getting married? I am getting married on the 30th.

#419 endlesslove

endlesslove
                  • 362 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 10:25 AM

Hey Ladies, my review is finally up along with picture links, over at http://www.bestdesti...y-all-inclusive

#420 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
                    • 49 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

Welcome and Congratulations!  I am getting married on the 15th of April.  It is coming up fast.  I am getting really excited!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users