Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Riviera Maya


  • Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#351 Treenbean2011

Treenbean2011
  • Newbie
  • 49 posts

    Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:09 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sheen811
    I was just advised that i can have fire pits on the beach and have appetizers and cocktails served. I'm just waiting on them to get back to me with pricing if i need to pay extra for this. Let me know if anyone else is interested and i'll share the info once received.
    that would be really cool. If you could please share the info that would be great. What a good idea!

    #352 Treenbean2011

    Treenbean2011
    • Newbie
    • 49 posts

      Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:15 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Dimenzi
      Has anyone read one of the latest reviews on Trip advisor? It's not very positive (at all) about Ramon. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. However, he's been very slow in replying to emails lately. I emailed our birth certificates and apostilles to him a few weeks a go and I have not heard back form him yet. We want him to confirm that everything is fine with them as we don't want to turn up in Mexico and find out that we can't get married. We still have plenty of time, it's just that we just want to have these things sorted now so one less thing to worry about (not that we're too worried though).
      the last review
      I read on Tripadvisor was very positive, especially about Ramon. It was a few weeks ago though. He has been very helpful to me so far and responds in a very timely manner. Especially considering that April through July are the busiest months for him as well I have nothing but positive thins to say about Ramon. i understand your concern and frustration. I am sure everything will be fine. Just remember that you are marrying the love of your life and nothing will be able to tarnish your day.

      #353 Treenbean2011

      Treenbean2011
      • Newbie
      • 49 posts

        Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:24 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kn1020
        Hi everybody!

        Just wanted to jump in here, this website has been so helpful! My fiance and I are in the process of booking our wedding at the Excellence Riveria Maya for May 20th 2011!! We should have a group of 10-15 and are very excited, I love reading what you guys have to say!
        Congratulations and Welcome!!

        #354 Treenbean2011

        Treenbean2011
        • Newbie
        • 49 posts

          Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:28 AM

          Does anyone know where I need to get an apostille letter from? I know that it is issued by the secretary of state, but I do not know if if can be obtained from the state I live in or the state I was born in. Though I think there are only two of us having a legal ceremony as of now.

          #355 Dimenzi

          Dimenzi
          • Newbie
          • 95 posts

            Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:02 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Treenbean2011
            the last review
            I read on Tripadvisor was very positive, especially about Ramon. It was a few weeks ago though. He has been very helpful to me so far and responds in a very timely manner. Especially considering that April through July are the busiest months for him as well I have nothing but positive thins to say about Ramon. i understand your concern and frustration. I am sure everything will be fine. Just remember that you are marrying the love of your life and nothing will be able to tarnish your day.
            Every review that mentions Ramon (other than the last one on trip advisor I read) have been very positive about Ramon. I'm sure that he will be great.

            #356 endlesslove

            endlesslove
            • Jr. Member
            • 362 posts

              Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Dimenzi
              Has anyone read one of the latest reviews on Trip advisor? It's not very positive (at all) about Ramon. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though. However, he's been very slow in replying to emails lately. I emailed our birth certificates and apostilles to him a few weeks a go and I have not heard back form him yet. We want him to confirm that everything is fine with them as we don't want to turn up in Mexico and find out that we can't get married. We still have plenty of time, it's just that we just want to have these things sorted now so one less thing to worry about (not that we're too worried though).
              Ramon was wonderful to us. Honestly, after our wedding we didn't see him, but there were three weddings going on that night. And in my opinion, he didn't need to be there. If we needed something, we asked one of the waiters and they had it done for us.

              I'm sorry but if your photographer doesn't know how to setup a photo for cake cutting, or if you don't know how to cut your own cake...you can't blame that on the WC.

              #357 Dimenzi

              Dimenzi
              • Newbie
              • 95 posts

                Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:07 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Treenbean2011
                Does anyone know where I need to get an apostille letter from? I know that it is issued by the secretary of state, but I do not know if if can be obtained from the state I live in or the state I was born in. Though I think there are only two of us having a legal ceremony as of now.
                Hi, I'll try and have a look for you. I'm guessing that you will need to get it done in the State you were born in.

                We had ours done in Slovakia and New Zealand. It was very easy. I'm sure all you will have to do is send away the birth certificates and ask them to Apostille it (they will probably have a form which will be easy to fill out).

                Sorting out the legal stuff to have a Legal Wedding in Mexico seems relatively straight forward. I know a few people that had to do quite a lot to get married in another country than their own. I'm glad we don't have to prove that we have not been married before like in quite a few countries.

                #358 Sheen811

                Sheen811
                • Newbie
                • 34 posts

                  Posted 19 June 2010 - 11:34 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Treenbean2011
                  that would be really cool. If you could please share the info that would be great. What a good idea!
                  As everyone has said, Ramon's response time has been longer then normal. As soon as he emails me back i will share the info. I'm patiently waiting.....

                  #359 Sheen811

                  Sheen811
                  • Newbie
                  • 34 posts

                    Posted 22 June 2010 - 11:12 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ranaya12
                    Dimenzi - I just returned today after having my wedding on May 7th, I will be writing a review as soon as I get settled in. Regarding your question about the menu options, Ramon will let you mix and match from both the Gold and Silver package options. We had the Pecan Crusted Mahi Mahi with the Chicken stuffed with Seafood and it was delicious. If you have any other questions let me know.
                    Congratulations. Looking forward to your review.

                    #360 kn1020

                    kn1020
                    • Newbie
                    • 6 posts

                      Posted 27 June 2010 - 03:01 AM

                      Hello everybody! My fiance and I just booked at ERC May 19th 2011 and I am so excited!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users