Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Riviera Maya


  • Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#331 Dimenzi

Dimenzi
  • Newbie
  • 95 posts

    Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:21 AM

    Looking forward to the review

    #332 Pinky

    Pinky
    • Newbie
    • 134 posts

      Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:08 PM

      This thread is fantastic! It is really helping us with our decision on resort, and this property is definately towards the top of our list!

      #333 Dimenzi

      Dimenzi
      • Newbie
      • 95 posts

        Posted 16 May 2010 - 06:24 PM

        I researched a lot before deciding on this resort. It was one of the resorts we were thinking of from the start. I think the other Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres will be great as well. It also depends on whether you want an Adults only resort and whether you want it in Cancun (this was never on the cards for us) or the Riviera Maya. The Secrets Hotels look really nice as well but I prefer the lay out of the Excellence Resorts and the reviews on various sites did it for me. The price of weddings at Excellence is decent as well and if yoy go for the Silver or Gold package and qualify for the Free Wedding Package, you subtract the US$850 of the cost of the Gold and Silver packages. If you go for the Gold and Silver at the Dreams or Secrets Resorts then you have to pay the full price even if you qualify for the free wedding. Soemthing to think about.

        #334 beachgirl@heart

        beachgirl@heart
        • Newbie
        • 42 posts

          Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:52 AM

          I was married on April 30th at ERC and we had our reception in the Agave courtyard, with our cocktail hour in the Grimaldi (sp?) Square. It worked out perfectly. Hair and makeup were done beautifully, the spa in general is FABULOUS!! Ramon is awesome, as is the rest of the staff and service. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary, or sooner! We had 26 total in attendance, we had a welcome dinner in one of the open restaurants with a special menu, that we didn't pay extra for, and Ramon walked us through a brief rehearsal. Everything was amazing and far exceeded our expectations (even with 40 mph winds; but no rain, thankfully) and transporting my dress was much easier and smoother than I thought it would be. I am happy to answer any questions about anything - just PM me. Now to start planning the AHR!! :)

          #335 Sheen811

          Sheen811
          • Newbie
          • 34 posts

            Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:57 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Dimenzi
            I researched a lot before deciding on this resort. It was one of the resorts we were thinking of from the start. I think the other Excellence Resort in Playa Mujeres will be great as well. It also depends on whether you want an Adults only resort and whether you want it in Cancun (this was never on the cards for us) or the Riviera Maya. The Secrets Hotels look really nice as well but I prefer the lay out of the Excellence Resorts and the reviews on various sites did it for me. The price of weddings at Excellence is decent as well and if yoy go for the Silver or Gold package and qualify for the Free Wedding Package, you subtract the US$850 of the cost of the Gold and Silver packages. If you go for the Gold and Silver at the Dreams or Secrets Resorts then you have to pay the full price even if you qualify for the free wedding. Soemthing to think about.
            Thanks for sharing this info. It's good to know that they subtract the $850 if you qualify for the free weddding; which i think we should. I'll have to email Ramon about this :)

            #336 ranaya12

            ranaya12
            • Newbie
            • 35 posts

              Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:24 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sheen811
              Thanks for sharing this info. It's good to know that they subtract the $850 if you qualify for the free weddding; which i think we should. I'll have to email Ramon about this :)
              The way to qualifiy for the $850 discount is if you stay for 7 nights in the Excellence Club OR if you and your guest staying at the Excellence resort (non club) add up to a total of 35 nights.

              I hope this helps...

              #337 Dimenzi

              Dimenzi
              • Newbie
              • 95 posts

                Posted 18 May 2010 - 11:03 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart
                I was married on April 30th at ERC and we had our reception in the Agave courtyard, with our cocktail hour in the Grimaldi (sp?) Square. It worked out perfectly. Hair and makeup were done beautifully, the spa in general is FABULOUS!! Ramon is awesome, as is the rest of the staff and service. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary, or sooner! We had 26 total in attendance, we had a welcome dinner in one of the open restaurants with a special menu, that we didn't pay extra for, and Ramon walked us through a brief rehearsal. Everything was amazing and far exceeded our expectations (even with 40 mph winds; but no rain, thankfully) and transporting my dress was much easier and smoother than I thought it would be. I am happy to answer any questions about anything - just PM me. Now to start planning the AHR!! :)
                I'm happy to hear of your great wedding. We have 30 (including us) at the moment so it's nice to hear from a Wedding of similar size.

                #338 beachgirl@heart

                beachgirl@heart
                • Newbie
                • 42 posts

                  Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:45 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dimenzi
                  I'm happy to hear of your great wedding. We have 30 (including us) at the moment so it's nice to hear from a Wedding of similar size.
                  We also had favors to be handed out at the ceremony, as well as at the reception, our own custom cake topper, flutes and cake knife/server - Ramon took care of all of it. We used an iPod for the ceremony and reception and had a nice set-up for the slideshow my Mom put together for us. All the details were handled flawlessly. A few of our own decorations and rose petals on the aisle (as we requested) were not used, but I as I mentioned we experienced very high winds so they would have blown away. I wish we could do it all over again, it went soooo fast!! Let me know if I can help in any way!

                  #339 Treenbean2011

                  Treenbean2011
                  • Newbie
                  • 49 posts

                    Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

                    Congratulations to both couples recently married! I do have a few questions. What type of dress did you each wear? Was it too hot for the beach? I have just purchased my gown and am considering making alterations to it to make it lighter, but I am not sure if it will be neccessary.

                    #340 Treenbean2011

                    Treenbean2011
                    • Newbie
                    • 49 posts

                      Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:02 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart
                      I was married on April 30th at ERC and we had our reception in the Agave courtyard, with our cocktail hour in the Grimaldi (sp?) Square. It worked out perfectly. Hair and makeup were done beautifully, the spa in general is FABULOUS!! Ramon is awesome, as is the rest of the staff and service. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary, or sooner! We had 26 total in attendance, we had a welcome dinner in one of the open restaurants with a special menu, that we didn't pay extra for, and Ramon walked us through a brief rehearsal. Everything was amazing and far exceeded our expectations (even with 40 mph winds; but no rain, thankfully) and transporting my dress was much easier and smoother than I thought it would be. I am happy to answer any questions about anything - just PM me. Now to start planning the AHR!! :)
                      How did you transport your gown? Did you use the resort's dress preparation service? I am very interested in also holding our reception in the Agave courtyard. I can't wait for your review!!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users