Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Riviera Maya


  • Please log in to reply
584 replies to this topic

#221 beachgirl@heart

beachgirl@heart
  • Newbie
  • 42 posts

    Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mich&adam
    Just wondering - I emailed Veronica last week and she said if you have the welcome dinner in one of the open restaurants it's free, BUT if you have it in the closed restaturant of the evening, it is $18per person....??

    Michelle
    We were told it was $12/pp. It's our understanding, and I think there are earlier posts about this, that Agave is a restaurant that will accommodate a "party" seating. But, if you want a private party/welcome dinner, you do have to pay for it.

    #222 beachgirl@heart

    beachgirl@heart
    • Newbie
    • 42 posts

      Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

      Michelle,
      We are planning to have our reception in the open courtyard, outside Agave (that's one of the closed restaurants on Friday, other than the Lobster place). I am planning to do battery operated votives, too. The "real" ones just don't have much burn life to them. After talking about it, I think we may use the bridesmaid bouquets at centerpieces OR do votive centerpieces. I found a website that shows some interesting variations for this sort of thing (some are tacky but there are some nice, elegant options). Surroundings - Floating Candle Centerpieces and Floating Candles for Weddings, Corporate Events, Banquets and Parties. is the website if you are interested.

      I don't have my shoes or that stuff yet. I do have my veil though. I wasn't going to do one, but I tried it on and that was it. :) I've been shopping online for a while, looking for shoes, I'm very indecisive but I have plenty of time to figure that out. As for your tiara, you could always post it on ebay or one of the other threads on this forum to try to sell it. I'm sure someone would snatch it up - just an option if you're having second thoughts about it.

      Also, re: the cake topper, we also want to do our initial - with a little bling and/or color. Did you get yours online? I've found several websites, but haven't settled on one yet. My mom already got us a knife/server that she's having engraved for us. Nice touch. :)

      Are you doing the legal or civil ceremony? We already got legally married here (on the beach- I live on the NC coast, that was an easy decision). :) We didn't want to deal with the Mexico requirements, including arrival times.

      #223 mich&adam

      mich&adam
      • Newbie
      • 120 posts

        Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:39 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart
        We were told it was $12/pp. It's our understanding, and I think there are earlier posts about this, that Agave is a restaurant that will accommodate a "party" seating. But, if you want a private party/welcome dinner, you do have to pay for it.

        Uggg...see this is what upsets me about this whole process, when you go back and look at other posts, Veronica tells one bride something and another bride something else. She told me we could have ours in one of the open restaurants, Agave or Barcelona, but if we want to do it in the closed restaurant for Tuesday, whichis Toscana, the Italian restaurant it is $18 per person and yet she told you $12? Wonder if the price changes based on restaurant.....? ? I guess I will probably do with Agave since we don't want to have to pay for a private dinner, just not worth it to me, plus i'm such a people person/watcher, i think it would be more fun, the more the merrier :)

        #224 mich&adam

        mich&adam
        • Newbie
        • 120 posts

          Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart
          Michelle,
          We are planning to have our reception in the open courtyard, outside Agave (that's one of the closed restaurants on Friday, other than the Lobster place). I am planning to do battery operated votives, too. The "real" ones just don't have much burn life to them. After talking about it, I think we may use the bridesmaid bouquets at centerpieces OR do votive centerpieces. I found a website that shows some interesting variations for this sort of thing (some are tacky but there are some nice, elegant options). Surroundings - Floating Candle Centerpieces and Floating Candles for Weddings, Corporate Events, Banquets and Parties. is the website if you are interested.

          I don't have my shoes or that stuff yet. I do have my veil though. I wasn't going to do one, but I tried it on and that was it. :) I've been shopping online for a while, looking for shoes, I'm very indecisive but I have plenty of time to figure that out. As for your tiara, you could always post it on ebay or one of the other threads on this forum to try to sell it. I'm sure someone would snatch it up - just an option if you're having second thoughts about it.

          Also, re: the cake topper, we also want to do our initial - with a little bling and/or color. Did you get yours online? I've found several websites, but haven't settled on one yet. My mom already got us a knife/server that she's having engraved for us. Nice touch. :)

          Are you doing the legal or civil ceremony? We already got legally married here (on the beach- I live on the NC coast, that was an easy decision). :) We didn't want to deal with the Mexico requirements, including arrival times.
          Hi Beachgirl -

          So your planning on having your reception in the "open" foyer area? When I emailed Veronica last week, she also told me that you cannot pick your location until one month prior and if it's open and available, we can do that, but she can't guarantee that yet I then emailed her back asking how is that determined since we booked our wedding first for Wed. April 28, 2010, i would think it's first come first serve, but i'm still waiting for an answer back from her, so while i'm planning on the foyer area, i'm keeping my fingers crossed we get it ?

          We too are getting married here in NJ, we are planning on doing it about a month before we leave but only telling our witness, our families think this is it, so we wouldn't want to spoil it for them.

          I bought the Initial cake topper at AC Moore, with a 40% off coupon, it was only $8.00 and i wanted to add bling to it, but my fiance likes the cursive shiny silver look about it, so that was simple. They have a lot online as well, with the swarkoski crystals, but they were pricey for my budget, $150ish.

          Did you decide on having the spa do your hair and makeup yet? I saw another post from you with concerns..?? I would like to and my hair is medium length so i will probably do some sort of loose updo with the veil and possibly tiara, especially since my fiance loves the tiara, so i guess i am wearing it, Lol.

          #225 beachgirl@heart

          beachgirl@heart
          • Newbie
          • 42 posts

            Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:39 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by mich&adam
            Hi Beachgirl -

            So your planning on having your reception in the "open" foyer area? When I emailed Veronica last week, she also told me that you cannot pick your location until one month prior and if it's open and available, we can do that, but she can't guarantee that yet I then emailed her back asking how is that determined since we booked our wedding first for Wed. April 28, 2010, i would think it's first come first serve, but i'm still waiting for an answer back from her, so while i'm planning on the foyer area, i'm keeping my fingers crossed we get it ?

            We too are getting married here in NJ, we are planning on doing it about a month before we leave but only telling our witness, our families think this is it, so we wouldn't want to spoil it for them.

            I bought the Initial cake topper at AC Moore, with a 40% off coupon, it was only $8.00 and i wanted to add bling to it, but my fiance likes the cursive shiny silver look about it, so that was simple. They have a lot online as well, with the swarkoski crystals, but they were pricey for my budget, $150ish.

            Did you decide on having the spa do your hair and makeup yet? I saw another post from you with concerns..?? I would like to and my hair is medium length so i will probably do some sort of loose updo with the veil and possibly tiara, especially since my fiance loves the tiara, so i guess i am wearing it, Lol.
            We are actually planning to have our reception in the courtyard, with the fountain in the middle. It's part of the Agave restaurant. Hopefully, the weather will agree with us. If not, we'll improvise. I'm not worried about it. I emailed her my preference for this reception location and she said she'd note this and other preferences in our file. I mentioned that I wanted to be sure we got this location, hence the early request. She said it wasn't a problem. She didn't say anything about not confirming this until a month before - just that we don't have to make choices until then re: menu, flowers, etc.

            I am planning to have my hair and makeup done, especially since it's part of the package. I may consult with them ahead of time, first, to make sure I get what I want. Veronica said appts for the spa definitely need to be booked in advance, as they do get busy and fill up. We'll probably do this a month or so before.

            We did the legal thing on Aug 1 and only a few people (family) were present as our witnesses. We, too, are keeping it quiet for now.

            #226 Treenbean2011

            Treenbean2011
            • Newbie
            • 49 posts

              Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

              It sounds like everyone is doing a symbolic ceremony. I was wondering why? Is the legal ceremony that much of a hassle? My fiance and I are still deciding which way to go. I am afraid that a legal ceremony at home will make the whole celebration in Mexico pointless or less special. Though, I kind of like the idea of exchanging the traditional vows and then later exchanging our own at a symbolic ceremony. My fiance is a little weirded out by the requirements of a legal ceremony in Mexico. Any input from you all would be helpful. Thank you!!

              #227 Treenbean2011

              Treenbean2011
              • Newbie
              • 49 posts

                Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:12 PM

                Thank you for replying to my question. I am very anxious to get the planning going, so I think I am just looking for anything I could do now. Soon...

                #228 Treenbean2011

                Treenbean2011
                • Newbie
                • 49 posts

                  Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:16 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TamaraDan
                  Hi TreenBean2011 I am planning to send out my save the date cards when I have everything booked, probably about a year in advance, just in case you can't get the exact date you want or something then you dont have to redo and resend everything.

                  Thank you for the reply. I am just so excited and our date is so far away still. I am looking for anything I can do now. Plus, I really want to give everyone enough time so they have a better chance of being there.

                  #229 mich&adam

                  mich&adam
                  • Newbie
                  • 120 posts

                    Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:46 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Treenbean2011
                    It sounds like everyone is doing a symbolic ceremony. I was wondering why? Is the legal ceremony that much of a hassle? My fiance and I are still deciding which way to go. I am afraid that a legal ceremony at home will make the whole celebration in Mexico pointless or less special. Though, I kind of like the idea of exchanging the traditional vows and then later exchanging our own at a symbolic ceremony. My fiance is a little weirded out by the requirements of a legal ceremony in Mexico. Any input from you all would be helpful. Thank you!!
                    Hi Treenbean -

                    We are doing the legal thing here, with just us and one/two witnesses, depending on what our state (nj) requires. My fiance is in the healthcare field and while i'm sure everything with the blood work is fine in Mexico, we just don't want to risk it. Plus don't want to be bothered with it when we get back to NJ, translation of documents, etc. etc. Just thought it would be easier to have the marriage license from our own town & state. Our parents, relatives and close friends who are attending have no idea and we plan to keep it that way. We are doing it about 1 month prior, but will consider our wedding date, April 28, 2010 in Mexico our anniversay wedding date. It's really your own preference and no one has to know but you, fiance and witness if required in your state, hope this helps.

                    #230 mich&adam

                    mich&adam
                    • Newbie
                    • 120 posts

                      Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart
                      We are actually planning to have our reception in the courtyard, with the fountain in the middle. It's part of the Agave restaurant. Hopefully, the weather will agree with us. If not, we'll improvise. I'm not worried about it. I emailed her my preference for this reception location and she said she'd note this and other preferences in our file. I mentioned that I wanted to be sure we got this location, hence the early request. She said it wasn't a problem. She didn't say anything about not confirming this until a month before - just that we don't have to make choices until then re: menu, flowers, etc.

                      I am planning to have my hair and makeup done, especially since it's part of the package. I may consult with them ahead of time, first, to make sure I get what I want. Veronica said appts for the spa definitely need to be booked in advance, as they do get busy and fill up. We'll probably do this a month or so before.

                      We did the legal thing on Aug 1 and only a few people (family) were present as our witnesses. We, too, are keeping it quiet for now.
                      So your having your reception at Grimaldi Square, I'm pretty sure that's where the fountain/agave restaurant is. I didn't think telling her now to note in my file would be a problem either, that's why I emailed her my preference. I really liked pics from Lindsay/Nicolas wedding here in the posts and I loved the open foyer area with views of the ocean, hence my email to Veronica requesting that space and she said she would make note of it, but can't confirm any location space until 1 month prior. Now on an earlier email, a few months back she said she would contact me 2 months prior to go over the menu, flowers, cake ? I guess i will have to keep my fingers crossed i get the space i want if not, i will improvise as well.

                      P.S. Congrats on your legal wedding :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users