Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich&adam View Post
Just wondering - I emailed Veronica last week and she said if you have the welcome dinner in one of the open restaurants it's free, BUT if you have it in the closed restaturant of the evening, it is $18per person....??

Michelle
We were told it was $12/pp. It's our understanding, and I think there are earlier posts about this, that Agave is a restaurant that will accommodate a "party" seating. But, if you want a private party/welcome dinner, you do have to pay for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michelle,

We are planning to have our reception in the open courtyard, outside Agave (that's one of the closed restaurants on Friday, other than the Lobster place). I am planning to do battery operated votives, too. The "real" ones just don't have much burn life to them. After talking about it, I think we may use the bridesmaid bouquets at centerpieces OR do votive centerpieces. I found a website that shows some interesting variations for this sort of thing (some are tacky but there are some nice, elegant options). Surroundings - Floating Candle Centerpieces and Floating Candles for Weddings, Corporate Events, Banquets and Parties. is the website if you are interested.

 

I don't have my shoes or that stuff yet. I do have my veil though. I wasn't going to do one, but I tried it on and that was it. :) I've been shopping online for a while, looking for shoes, I'm very indecisive but I have plenty of time to figure that out. As for your tiara, you could always post it on ebay or one of the other threads on this forum to try to sell it. I'm sure someone would snatch it up - just an option if you're having second thoughts about it.

 

Also, re: the cake topper, we also want to do our initial - with a little bling and/or color. Did you get yours online? I've found several websites, but haven't settled on one yet. My mom already got us a knife/server that she's having engraved for us. Nice touch. :)

 

Are you doing the legal or civil ceremony? We already got legally married here (on the beach- I live on the NC coast, that was an easy decision). :) We didn't want to deal with the Mexico requirements, including arrival times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart View Post
We were told it was $12/pp. It's our understanding, and I think there are earlier posts about this, that Agave is a restaurant that will accommodate a "party" seating. But, if you want a private party/welcome dinner, you do have to pay for it.

Uggg...see this is what upsets me about this whole process, when you go back and look at other posts, Veronica tells one bride something and another bride something else. She told me we could have ours in one of the open restaurants, Agave or Barcelona, but if we want to do it in the closed restaurant for Tuesday, whichis Toscana, the Italian restaurant it is $18 per person and yet she told you $12? Wonder if the price changes based on restaurant.....? ? I guess I will probably do with Agave since we don't want to have to pay for a private dinner, just not worth it to me, plus i'm such a people person/watcher, i think it would be more fun, the more the merrier :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart View Post
Michelle,
We are planning to have our reception in the open courtyard, outside Agave (that's one of the closed restaurants on Friday, other than the Lobster place). I am planning to do battery operated votives, too. The "real" ones just don't have much burn life to them. After talking about it, I think we may use the bridesmaid bouquets at centerpieces OR do votive centerpieces. I found a website that shows some interesting variations for this sort of thing (some are tacky but there are some nice, elegant options). Surroundings - Floating Candle Centerpieces and Floating Candles for Weddings, Corporate Events, Banquets and Parties. is the website if you are interested.

I don't have my shoes or that stuff yet. I do have my veil though. I wasn't going to do one, but I tried it on and that was it. :) I've been shopping online for a while, looking for shoes, I'm very indecisive but I have plenty of time to figure that out. As for your tiara, you could always post it on ebay or one of the other threads on this forum to try to sell it. I'm sure someone would snatch it up - just an option if you're having second thoughts about it.

Also, re: the cake topper, we also want to do our initial - with a little bling and/or color. Did you get yours online? I've found several websites, but haven't settled on one yet. My mom already got us a knife/server that she's having engraved for us. Nice touch. :)

Are you doing the legal or civil ceremony? We already got legally married here (on the beach- I live on the NC coast, that was an easy decision). :) We didn't want to deal with the Mexico requirements, including arrival times.
Hi Beachgirl -

So your planning on having your reception in the "open" foyer area? When I emailed Veronica last week, she also told me that you cannot pick your location until one month prior and if it's open and available, we can do that, but she can't guarantee that yethuh.gif I then emailed her back asking how is that determined since we booked our wedding first for Wed. April 28, 2010, i would think it's first come first serve, but i'm still waiting for an answer back from her, so while i'm planning on the foyer area, i'm keeping my fingers crossed we get it ?

We too are getting married here in NJ, we are planning on doing it about a month before we leave but only telling our witness, our families think this is it, so we wouldn't want to spoil it for them.

I bought the Initial cake topper at AC Moore, with a 40% off coupon, it was only $8.00 and i wanted to add bling to it, but my fiance likes the cursive shiny silver look about it, so that was simple. They have a lot online as well, with the swarkoski crystals, but they were pricey for my budget, $150ish.

Did you decide on having the spa do your hair and makeup yet? I saw another post from you with concerns..?? I would like to and my hair is medium length so i will probably do some sort of loose updo with the veil and possibly tiara, especially since my fiance loves the tiara, so i guess i am wearing it, Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich&adam View Post
Hi Beachgirl -

So your planning on having your reception in the "open" foyer area? When I emailed Veronica last week, she also told me that you cannot pick your location until one month prior and if it's open and available, we can do that, but she can't guarantee that yethuh.gif I then emailed her back asking how is that determined since we booked our wedding first for Wed. April 28, 2010, i would think it's first come first serve, but i'm still waiting for an answer back from her, so while i'm planning on the foyer area, i'm keeping my fingers crossed we get it ?

We too are getting married here in NJ, we are planning on doing it about a month before we leave but only telling our witness, our families think this is it, so we wouldn't want to spoil it for them.

I bought the Initial cake topper at AC Moore, with a 40% off coupon, it was only $8.00 and i wanted to add bling to it, but my fiance likes the cursive shiny silver look about it, so that was simple. They have a lot online as well, with the swarkoski crystals, but they were pricey for my budget, $150ish.

Did you decide on having the spa do your hair and makeup yet? I saw another post from you with concerns..?? I would like to and my hair is medium length so i will probably do some sort of loose updo with the veil and possibly tiara, especially since my fiance loves the tiara, so i guess i am wearing it, Lol.
We are actually planning to have our reception in the courtyard, with the fountain in the middle. It's part of the Agave restaurant. Hopefully, the weather will agree with us. If not, we'll improvise. I'm not worried about it. I emailed her my preference for this reception location and she said she'd note this and other preferences in our file. I mentioned that I wanted to be sure we got this location, hence the early request. She said it wasn't a problem. She didn't say anything about not confirming this until a month before - just that we don't have to make choices until then re: menu, flowers, etc.

I am planning to have my hair and makeup done, especially since it's part of the package. I may consult with them ahead of time, first, to make sure I get what I want. Veronica said appts for the spa definitely need to be booked in advance, as they do get busy and fill up. We'll probably do this a month or so before.

We did the legal thing on Aug 1 and only a few people (family) were present as our witnesses. We, too, are keeping it quiet for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like everyone is doing a symbolic ceremony. I was wondering why? Is the legal ceremony that much of a hassle? My fiance and I are still deciding which way to go. I am afraid that a legal ceremony at home will make the whole celebration in Mexico pointless or less special. Though, I kind of like the idea of exchanging the traditional vows and then later exchanging our own at a symbolic ceremony. My fiance is a little weirded out by the requirements of a legal ceremony in Mexico. Any input from you all would be helpful. Thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraDan View Post
Hi TreenBean2011 I am planning to send out my save the date cards when I have everything booked, probably about a year in advance, just in case you can't get the exact date you want or something then you dont have to redo and resend everything.

Thank you for the reply. I am just so excited and our date is so far away still. I am looking for anything I can do now. Plus, I really want to give everyone enough time so they have a better chance of being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenbean2011 View Post
It sounds like everyone is doing a symbolic ceremony. I was wondering why? Is the legal ceremony that much of a hassle? My fiance and I are still deciding which way to go. I am afraid that a legal ceremony at home will make the whole celebration in Mexico pointless or less special. Though, I kind of like the idea of exchanging the traditional vows and then later exchanging our own at a symbolic ceremony. My fiance is a little weirded out by the requirements of a legal ceremony in Mexico. Any input from you all would be helpful. Thank you!!
Hi Treenbean -

We are doing the legal thing here, with just us and one/two witnesses, depending on what our state (nj) requires. My fiance is in the healthcare field and while i'm sure everything with the blood work is fine in Mexico, we just don't want to risk it. Plus don't want to be bothered with it when we get back to NJ, translation of documents, etc. etc. Just thought it would be easier to have the marriage license from our own town & state. Our parents, relatives and close friends who are attending have no idea and we plan to keep it that way. We are doing it about 1 month prior, but will consider our wedding date, April 28, 2010 in Mexico our anniversay wedding date. It's really your own preference and no one has to know but you, fiance and witness if required in your state, hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart View Post
We are actually planning to have our reception in the courtyard, with the fountain in the middle. It's part of the Agave restaurant. Hopefully, the weather will agree with us. If not, we'll improvise. I'm not worried about it. I emailed her my preference for this reception location and she said she'd note this and other preferences in our file. I mentioned that I wanted to be sure we got this location, hence the early request. She said it wasn't a problem. She didn't say anything about not confirming this until a month before - just that we don't have to make choices until then re: menu, flowers, etc.

I am planning to have my hair and makeup done, especially since it's part of the package. I may consult with them ahead of time, first, to make sure I get what I want. Veronica said appts for the spa definitely need to be booked in advance, as they do get busy and fill up. We'll probably do this a month or so before.

We did the legal thing on Aug 1 and only a few people (family) were present as our witnesses. We, too, are keeping it quiet for now.
So your having your reception at Grimaldi Square, I'm pretty sure that's where the fountain/agave restaurant is. I didn't think telling her now to note in my file would be a problem either, that's why I emailed her my preference. I really liked pics from Lindsay/Nicolas wedding here in the posts and I loved the open foyer area with views of the ocean, hence my email to Veronica requesting that space and she said she would make note of it, but can't confirm any location space until 1 month prior. Now on an earlier email, a few months back she said she would contact me 2 months prior to go over the menu, flowers, cake ? I guess i will have to keep my fingers crossed i get the space i want if not, i will improvise as well.

P.S. Congrats on your legal wedding :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×