Quote:
Originally Posted by mich&adam View Post

Did you decide on having the spa do your hair and makeup yet? I saw another post from you with concerns..?? I would like to and my hair is medium length so i will probably do some sort of loose updo with the veil and possibly tiara, especially since my fiance loves the tiara, so i guess i am wearing it, Lol.
I just returned from getting married at ERC. It was awesome!! I can't help with some of your questions about welcome dinners or receptions because hubby and I went alone. But, I did have my hair and makeup done at the spa. I loved how my hair turned out....the makeup not so much. Everything was brown...eyeliner, eye shadow, lipstick & blush were even nearly brown. So, when i got back to my room, I added some color to my eyes, cheeks, and lips and it looked great. I would definitely recommend taking pictures to show them what you're wanting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp73 View Post
I just returned from getting married at ERC. It was awesome!! I can't help with some of your questions about welcome dinners or receptions because hubby and I went alone. But, I did have my hair and makeup done at the spa. I loved how my hair turned out....the makeup not so much. Everything was brown...eyeliner, eye shadow, lipstick & blush were even nearly brown. So, when i got back to my room, I added some color to my eyes, cheeks, and lips and it looked great. I would definitely recommend taking pictures to show them what you're wanting.
Congrats on your recent wedding. Glad you loved your hair (did you have a picture?) I read on another post a lot of girls went to the Mac counter and bought makeup and got tips for applying wedding day makeup, i'm hoping to do that, just in case for backup.

I would not worry about Excellence not being able to guarantee the location. I'm sure if you indicate your choice of location first then they wont give it to another wedding. It's probably due to any unforeseen circumstances that could (but probably wont) eventuate such as redecoration or damage to particular location (once again that most probably wont happen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treenbean2011 View Post
It sounds like everyone is doing a symbolic ceremony. I was wondering why? Is the legal ceremony that much of a hassle? My fiance and I are still deciding which way to go. I am afraid that a legal ceremony at home will make the whole celebration in Mexico pointless or less special. Though, I kind of like the idea of exchanging the traditional vows and then later exchanging our own at a symbolic ceremony. My fiance is a little weirded out by the requirements of a legal ceremony in Mexico. Any input from you all would be helpful. Thank you!!
We are having a LEGAL ceremony. We'll be there for 2 weeks so the needing to be in Mexico at least 4 days prior to the wedding wont be difficult for us and all the other requirements such as birth certificates and a blood test don't seem too difficult at all. I don't think many countries (other than your own) would be easier to marry than in Mexico. We have had friends get married in other countries other than their own and the paper work seems to be a lot greater than for Mexico.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimenzi View Post
We are having a LEGAL ceremony. We'll be there for 2 weeks so the needing to be in Mexico at least 4 days prior to the wedding wont be difficult for us and all the other requirements such as birth certificates and a blood test don't seem too difficult at all. I don't think many countries (other than your own) would be easier to marry than in Mexico. We have had friends get married in other countries other than their own and the paper work seems to be a lot greater than for Mexico.
I'm sure it isn't a huge deal, but my soon to by husband is in the medical profession and has to have credits for his medical license and things of that nature and sometimes they can frown upon foreign countries/marriage's, so for us, it's just easier.

We chose to do the civil ceremony not only b/c of the blood work requirements, but because of the required arrival time for us and our witnesses. It was a bit much, for us, to impose arrival times and length of stay on our friends. We are all on tight budgets these days. Additionally, I have read that the translation and filing of the marriage cert./license stateside can sometimes be a pain (depending on the state) and can be costly. So, instead of paying for translation services and the $250 for bloodwork, we did a legal ceremony here for $60 and it was on the beach which was beautiful. We decided on a Tuesday and did it that Saturday :) It's really just personal preference - just make sure you are aware of all the requirements well in advance though - if you are missing any documentation (state or otherwise) or a T is not crossed, you can't get married. Many people do legal ceremonies - it's an individual choice and you have to decide what's going to work best for you. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart View Post
Hi Michelle!
That's awesome! We are arriving on the 27th, so we may have to take a sneak peak :) We are going with the Trio - our reasoning is that there will be mariachi throughout the resort and restaurants so we wanted something a little different for the cocktail hour. You can't go wrong with steel drums in a beach setting wink.gif

Our colors are latte and soft pink; my bridesmaids will be in latte (dress of their choosing) and I'll probably have them carry pink flowers as the accent color. As for flowers, we are going to use whatever comes with the (gold) package but are probably going to check into local vendors to see if we can get a better deal on centerpieces. $100/per centerpiece just seems like a lot. A good friend of mine (and bridesmaid) is an event planner/designer and she recommended we at least look into it b/c flowers on the islands, in the caribbean tend to be reasonable if not cheap.

As for the photog, we are using what the hotel provides, probably for the reception, but we've also hired an external photog (Sascha Gluck) for most of the pics and a TTD session the following day. His pricing is very reasonable and his work is very nice. Veronica did mention that they have votives for reception decoration. I'm also going to get some lotus flower votive holders to place around the reception and in the fountain. I found a good website to order from and it's not that bad ($ wise). We're not going overboard, just trying to add a few extra touches to keep it simple yet elegant. :)

I ordered my dress in June and it was scheduled to ship this past Tuesday, so I should have it by the end of the month. SOOOOO excited! I was going to do a reception dress, too, but decided not too - I only get to wear this dress once so I'm going to keep it on for as long as I can and enjoy the moment :)

We have 4 groomsmen and 5 bridesmaids. Our invitation list is much longer than those who will actually attend, but we are anticipating 30-40 guests. A few people have already booked! We are having an AHR for those who can't come to Mexico and we're thinking of doing a Mexican theme for that (my fiance loves Mexican food - lol). We are working with a local travel agent, and just sent out our save the date magnets with guest information cards. I have a great website for those, too. We are registered, and have our invitations picked out. I just ordered my fiance's wedding band. We have our reservations and flights reserved, too. :) We're in pretty good shape, I think :)
~Jennifer
Hello! Did ERC say that centerpieces were $100/each? I had no idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondgirl0072010 View Post
Hello! Did ERC say that centerpieces were $100/each? I had no idea?
Hi Bondgirl -

Depending on what wedding package you go with, a centerpiece or two is including, anything additional is in upwards of $100 +, as you can imagine,they charge you for everything and anything. Did you decide on a date yet? Are you definetly getting married at ERC?

Michelle