Originally Posted by JessiTaylor View Post

just to say that whoever the bride was who got married this week (tuesday i think? and had to move the ceremony due to rain) you looked beautiful!!

I might not have had my wedding there but it was perfect honeymoon- the live music and shows are awesome, the food is delicious and the staff are simply lovely!

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you had an amazing honeymoon and it sounds like we're all in for lovely weddings there. Any recommendations or tips for when we're there? What building to stay in? Which restaurants are the best? Etc.

Also, just curious for my OOT bags, are the keys for the rooms cards or actual keys? I'm just thinking about getting people card holders on lanyards. Thanks!

Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

Did any of you Excellence brides consider NOW Sapphire for your wedding? If so, what made you decide on Excellence? We are trying to decide between the two resorts and any input would be appreciated!

I basically just went on tripadvisor and some other travel websites and read a TON of reviews. ERC had 5000 reviews and people rated it 4.5/5. That's pretty amazing! We wanted a place that our guests would enjoy, relax, have fun with good food. After we'd narrowed it down then we looked at wedding packages because we are not too picky about the whole thing other than having good food and a beach for the ceremony.

Originally Posted by ampanda52 View Post

I missed the webinar this morning.  Did anyone learn anything really important to pass on?

It's still going on right now if you want to join. I was listening to it but I didn't find it very helpful beyond what I've already learnt from the girls on this website. The first half hour or so was just making a pitch for the Excellence and Beloved resorts. Once the question period was started, the overall theme seemed to be if you have a question email your wedding coordinator about it and they really stressed that you should make sure all of your guests stay at the same resort as you.

One thing I didn't know was that you have to have at least 80% of your wedding guests staying at the ERC or....additional charges ON TOP of the day passes! For those of us with smaller weddings, that's a bit worrisome, as 20% of a a 20 person wedding is only 4 people! So far we are doing okay but some of our friends have mentioned the possibility of staying at nearby resorts because they find ERC too expensive. But I'm just going to put that away, it likely won't be a problem for us.

Another thing is if you are doing the legal ceremony you can't personalize what the officiant says. So I'm going to have to find out what exactly it is they say. I'm hoping it's not too antiquated (ie: the woman must obey the man and be his servant - type of stuff).

I guess I ended up feeling disappointed by the answers to some of my questions.

Originally Posted by TealMarie View Post

It's still going on right now if you want to join. I was listening to it but I didn't find it very helpful beyond what I've already learnt from the girls on this website. The first half hour or so was just making a pitch for the Excellence and Beloved resorts. Once the question period was started, the overall theme seemed to be if you have a question email your wedding coordinator about it and they really stressed that you should make sure all of your guests stay at the same resort as you.

One thing I didn't know was that you have to have at least 80% of your wedding guests staying at the ERC or....additional charges ON TOP of the day passes! For those of us with smaller weddings, that's a bit worrisome, as 20% of a a 20 person wedding is only 4 people! So far we are doing okay but some of our friends have mentioned the possibility of staying at nearby resorts because they find ERC too expensive. But I'm just going to put that away, it likely won't be a problem for us.

Another thing is if you are doing the legal ceremony you can't personalize what the officiant says. So I'm going to have to find out what exactly it is they say. I'm hoping it's not too antiquated (ie: the woman must obey the man and be his servant - type of stuff).

I guess I ended up feeling disappointed by the answers to some of my questions.

I found the Q&A session most useful. I'm a little disappointed that they are not flexible with replacing some items in the wedding package with something else. (e.g. replace photographer+make-up by the mariachi band, because I'm bring my own photographers and make-up artist with me)

Anyway Wendy sounds like a very nice person to work with, I would have booked with her if I were in the States.

I hope you are not too disappointed TealMarie, ERC is a great resort:)

Originally Posted by syl2013 View Post

I found the Q&A session most useful. I'm a little disappointed that they are not flexible with replacing some items in the wedding package with something else. (e.g. replace photographer+make-up by the mariachi band, because I'm bring my own photographers and make-up artist with me)

Anyway Wendy sounds like a very nice person to work with, I would have booked with her if I were in the States.

I hope you are not too disappointed TealMarie, ERC is a great resort:)

Oh no, sorry if I gave that impression. I'm not disappointed at all in ERC. Sometimes things don't come across right on the internet. I meant that from the few questions I had the answers weren't what I'd hoped for. It is disappointing that the packages can't be a bit more flexible as you said.

I know it's a fabulous resort, not just from the girls on here who've been there but the tripadvisor ratings and everyone who is coming to our wedding keeps telling me that 'so-and-so' they know from wherever says that ERC is amazing!

I think that from spending a lot of time reading over this entire thread and the other big one on ERC I've managed to answer most of the questions I had. I guess I thought the webinar would be more useful to me, as I had to make a huge effort to be a part of it today due to work, but I didn't realize I already knew a lot. I'm sure it was useful to other people who haven't had time to read about it so much. And yes, Wendy sounds really nice. Were there any other helpful hints after 45 mins of the session? That's about when I logged out.

I'm sure now we can answer most questions anyone else has about ERC, which will be helpful for everyone!

Thanks for letting us know! Glad you had an amazing honeymoon and it sounds like we're all in for lovely weddings there. Any recommendations or tips for when we're there? What building to stay in? Which restaurants are the best? Etc.

Also, just curious for my OOT bags, are the keys for the rooms cards or actual keys? I'm just thinking about getting people card holders on lanyards. Thanks!

we were put in 3205 which is quite near the spa and about 7 mins walk from the main bit. Room was massive and really nice, everything i could have wanted. yes the room keys are cards and im pleased to say we didnt have any problems with them! (sandos playacar, the keycards failed almost daily. epic fail!) key card holders would be great i think- id have used it!

the french and italian are great restaurants, you do need to get there early or you'll have about an hours wait. but then again you can always get a drink in the mean time! I loved the sparkling wine, the banamama coctail (spelling?) and the chocolate martini. For breakfast the only one we went to was the buffet as we like choice rather than an a la carte (ok ok, *I* like choice and dragged my husband)

Room service is quick and delicious - but order a lot. for example we got the ajillo shrimps, and that was more a snack than a main (delicious, but only 4 or so of them). luckily we were pigs and had also ordered fajitas and a burger so it worked out well =P  My husband was missing sparkling water to drink with his whisky and it was delivered in under 15 minutes, best service ive seen so far!

The live music was always great (more so than the entertainment shows in my opinion) so make sure you time dinner/getting ready so you dont miss it! We kept leaving bars really late, taking an age to get ready then dashing to see what was going on

The sand is so so soft and silky smooth, its incredible. Far more so than the beaches in playa del carmen we went to. Definitely check out some of the daytime activities even if they don't seem your cup of tea - i was bemused that my husband wanted to go 'air rifle shooting' or whatever, but it was surprisingly fun! If your husband is competitive don't let him do this (or similar activities)- we got put into teams and my husband got super grumpy he missed all his shots, esp since i managed to hit one (not the one i aimed for, but still!!) There are also pool tables and ping pong tables if you want to do something low key and in a non organised way. Basically you can be as busy or relaxed as you like

oh, skip the cooking lesson though. seriously - guacamole - take a advocado and smush it up, ceviche - take raw stuff and add lime. job done, now you know :P

The entertainment team are lovely as are the barstaff. I didnt want to leave!!

Originally Posted by JessiTaylor View Post

we were put in 3205 which is quite near the spa and about 7 mins walk from the main bit. Room was massive and really nice, everything i could have wanted. yes the room keys are cards and im pleased to say we didnt have any problems with them! (sandos playacar, the keycards failed almost daily. epic fail!) key card holders would be great i think- id have used it!

the french and italian are great restaurants, you do need to get there early or you'll have about an hours wait. but then again you can always get a drink in the mean time! I loved the sparkling wine, the banamama coctail (spelling?) and the chocolate martini. For breakfast the only one we went to was the buffet as we like choice rather than an a la carte (ok ok, *I* like choice and dragged my husband)

Room service is quick and delicious - but order a lot. for example we got the ajillo shrimps, and that was more a snack than a main (delicious, but only 4 or so of them). luckily we were pigs and had also ordered fajitas and a burger so it worked out well =P  My husband was missing sparkling water to drink with his whisky and it was delivered in under 15 minutes, best service ive seen so far!

The live music was always great (more so than the entertainment shows in my opinion) so make sure you time dinner/getting ready so you dont miss it! We kept leaving bars really late, taking an age to get ready then dashing to see what was going on

The sand is so so soft and silky smooth, its incredible. Far more so than the beaches in playa del carmen we went to. Definitely check out some of the daytime activities even if they don't seem your cup of tea - i was bemused that my husband wanted to go 'air rifle shooting' or whatever, but it was surprisingly fun! If your husband is competitive don't let him do this (or similar activities)- we got put into teams and my husband got super grumpy he missed all his shots, esp since i managed to hit one (not the one i aimed for, but still!!) There are also pool tables and ping pong tables if you want to do something low key and in a non organised way. Basically you can be as busy or relaxed as you like

oh, skip the cooking lesson though. seriously - guacamole - take a advocado and smush it up, ceviche - take raw stuff and add lime. job done, now you know :P

The entertainment team are lovely as are the barstaff. I didnt want to leave!!

Thank you JessiTaylor for the detailed reviews, that's very helpful! And fun to read.

I'm glad to know that they have quick room service. Is it 24 hours? I know my friend who went to another resort was saying that it took them 3 hours to deliver his order when he ordered food at 1am.

We'll definitely check out the daytime activities - are they included or do you have to pay extra for things like air-rifle?

Oh no, sorry if I gave that impression. I'm not disappointed at all in ERC. Sometimes things don't come across right on the internet. I meant that from the few questions I had the answers weren't what I'd hoped for. It is disappointing that the packages can't be a bit more flexible as you said.

I know it's a fabulous resort, not just from the girls on here who've been there but the tripadvisor ratings and everyone who is coming to our wedding keeps telling me that 'so-and-so' they know from wherever says that ERC is amazing!

I think that from spending a lot of time reading over this entire thread and the other big one on ERC I've managed to answer most of the questions I had. I guess I thought the webinar would be more useful to me, as I had to make a huge effort to be a part of it today due to work, but I didn't realize I already knew a lot. I'm sure it was useful to other people who haven't had time to read about it so much. And yes, Wendy sounds really nice. Were there any other helpful hints after 45 mins of the session? That's about when I logged out.

I'm sure now we can answer most questions anyone else has about ERC, which will be helpful for everyone!

Yes I think you knew too much to find this webinar useful :)

The second part of the webinar was about Wright Travel. I assume that you've already booked with an agent, so I don't think you missed anything.