Hey there mich&adam! Are you getting excited or what? I know we are!! The time *has* gone by sooo fast. We will be there in 26 days!!! I've been finalizing stuff with Ramon and trying to get off those last 4 lbs! lol

@Treenbean2011 - Congratulations! I'm getting married there on April 30th. We already did the legal thing, and we did it in Southeastern NC on the beach (where I live) so it was nice, too :) Just us and our 2 witnesses. It is making things so much easier for us. We are definitely feeling like the ERC event IS the big event. We've managed to keep it quiet up until now too. The translating of documents, bloodtest, arrival requirements (for witnesses, too)... it was a bit much for us. But, whichever way you go it will be great! It's completely a personal choice. We opted for convenience. Another photog reference to add to your list is Sascha Gluck - Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World. Mike Cantarell is our videographer -

Cancun Wedding Videos | Mayan Riviera Wedding Videographer | Mike Cantarell (he is contracted with ERC so you don't have to pay for a day pass for him but we are providing dinner). We are going with the iPod option. We'll have 26 including us, but I think it will be manageable. I have a friend appointed to take care of it during the ceremony and we'll be good to go for dinner and the reception. Good luck with all the planning!! This forum has been a lifesaver!

We will be getting married at ERC on May 7th. There will only be 14 of us and figured getting a dj would not be worth it for us. We are going with the Ipod instead. We are getting legally married in the States the Saturday before the wedding and having a symbolic ceremony. Now that Veronica is no longer working at ERC i've been receiving emails from Ramon. Are any of you working with Ramon? I read a recent review in which Nayeli took care of all of the wedding details and wanted to know if Ramon works with you via email but Nayeli is the person you deal with once you are there. Any idea?

Hi Ranaya - When do you arrive for your wedding? We are leaving Sat. May 1st. And yes...I too was told Veronica is no longer there and we have been communicating with Ramon...the only real issue i had so far is they have a new florist..so the flower choices Veronica sent me in the summer are no longer available...but I did find one I liked on the new list ANd the centerpieces changed as well and look smaller, but no biggie. What wedding package are you doing?

Thanks for replying mich&adam. We arrive on Tuesday, May 4th! Unfortunately you'll be gone by then.

We decided to go with the Gold Package but will be brining our own photographer. I was reading on another post, or maybe it was here, where someone who was dealing with Ramon wouldn't allow them to substitute the photographer with guest passes. Then someone else who delt with Nayeli mentioned that she offered them two guest passes since the package photographer was not being used. I also want to make a few other changes to the package and I am a bit worried that Ramon will not allow it and make me stick to the choices of the package only!!! I'm starting to freak out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranaya12 View Post
Thanks for replying mich&adam. We arrive on Tuesday, May 4th! Unfortunately you'll be gone by then.
We decided to go with the Gold Package but will be brining our own photographer. I was reading on another post, or maybe it was here, where someone who was dealing with Ramon wouldn't allow them to substitute the photographer with guest passes. Then someone else who delt with Nayeli mentioned that she offered them two guest passes since the package photographer was not being used. I also want to make a few other changes to the package and I am a bit worried that Ramon will not allow it and make me stick to the choices of the package only!!! I'm starting to freak out.
I feel your pain and frustration..I read a few reviews about how GREAT Veronica was to work with and how she substituted this for that, INCLUDED the Chair sashes, day pass fee waived for the couple waiving another gold package choice, etc. etc. but yeah..maybe that's why she's no longer there, but Ramon definetly doesn't seem to be doing that and their hasn't been a review in awhile...would like another ERC bride to let us know exactly how Ramon was to work with...hmmmmmmhuh.gif Wish I knew

I just asked Ramon quite a few questions. He has responded very quickly on the 2 emails I have sent him in the past 24 hours. He seems like a nice guy. It does seem that things that Veronica said are included are not the case with Ramon. I have had a couple of misunderstandings with him through email due to the language barrier but I feel that in person there wont be a problem at all.

Veronica stated that the 'additional decorations for the ceremony' for the GOLD Package was chair sashes and a flower on the back of each chair. Ramon has since stated that the flower at the back of the chair is not inclued and cost $5 each. When I got a price list from Veronica it stated that a flower at the back of each chair is $2. However, he did give us options for the additional decorations as below (his writing, not mine):

In the Gold package includes additional decoration which you will have the following options, obviously you need to pick just one:

Rose petals aisle

2 additional boutonniere OR lady corsages

1 additional flower centerpiece

Sashes for the chairs could be for the ceremony OR dinner reception

Now back to me. See below for some of my findings from his emails.

I have noticed that the Romantic Dinner Cruise has been taken out of the GOLD package. Ramon said that they have not replaced this with anything.

You can rent vases for the bridesmaids flowers at $15 each. Seems like they're trying to make the most out of the weddings as possible. Fair enough. However, I doubt that if a guest at the resort would have to pay $15 to rent a vase if someone gave them flowers and wanted to have them in their room.

In better news, he stated that there are 3 tiers on the wedding cake if having 30 people. I was quite happy with this. This may be in the Gold package but my question was 'For 30 people, how many tiers would the wedding cake be?'

Wedding Menu cards for each guest are included in the wedding packages.

He sent me photos of the wedding cakes (same as Veronica sent), boutonnieres (split by Gold and Silver package), table centre pieces, Bridal bouquets (Gold and Silver), Menu's (same as Veronica sent). I can email these to anyone if they would like. I also have a selection of reception photos for the Foyer, Barcelona and the Lobster House (well, only photos from inside the Lobster House...not of a reception), Garibaldi Square.

I have just sent Ramon another email stating that Veronica said that the sound system was included in the packages for the ceremony. If Ramon says that this is not true and the sound system is $500 then I wont be happy. I also stated that Veronica said that the cost for additional guest was $45.

I really wanted to give Ramone the benefit of the doubt, but he is going back on so many things that I confirmed with Veronica. I wanted to confirm about the day passes being waived if we don't have their photographer. Both Nayeli and Veronica said we can get a standard day passes (bc my BM was going to use the spa) and two vendor passes. He said No- he can only do two. Then he tells me he can only give us a $100 credit, and a vendor daypass is $100, not the $70 I have been told for TWO years!

I send him the same email THREE times, and he has yet to respond, and it's been a week. But, he responded twice to a previous email, two days apart. Something isn't right, and I'm getting worried that he's going to go back on a lot more once we get down there. He keeps telling me the backage cannot be exchanged for anything. No changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranaya12 View Post

Thanks to everyone for replying. Regarding the day passes, Ramon mentioned a day pass for the wedding only is $70 dollars. If any of our OUTSIDE guests will be staying well after the reception then the guest pass is $100. Is the guest pass different than a vendor pass? Lord if this is the case I will have to go back to Ramon and have him confirm the price since we will be having an outside photographer and his assistant. I am starting to freak out! I really hope things run a lot smoother once we get down there.