Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonLeigh View Post
I am getting married in April as well, the 23rd to be exact. I have also been communicating with Ramon, he seems to be pretty responsive. I was planning on bringing some of my own decorations. I purchased 2 large nautilus shells for a sand ceremony and i also purchased white starfish for decoration at the reception. I am most likely going to bring my own candles but also have centerpieces through the resort. We are going to have 28 or so guests (4-5 tables) so we planned on using the ceremony centerpiece which is included in the gold wedding package, plus one reception centerpiece which is also included. That way we will only have to pay for 2-3 centerpieces. According to Ramon, the gold wedding package also includes additional ceremony decoration, which we are having the chair sashes and also the starfish and conch shells lining the aisle. We have also purchased our "guest book", we are having a "Message in a Bottle" guest book using a 1 gallon wine jug and paper in our wedding colors, aqua, white and sand. We are also purchasing luggage tag wedding favors from Etsy which will double as place cards for the reception. I was thinking of buying paper lanterns but it all depends on where we are having the reception. We will either have it in the foyer (where most of the receptions are held) or at the Lobster House restaurant as it is closed on Friday nights. The Lobster House has the thatched roof and a beachy feel but I think it may ending up being too large for a reception of 28 people. We are still undecided though.

Is anyone else thinking of having their reception somewhere other than the Foyer?
I'm getting married at ERC on 6/19/10! In discussions with Ramon when we visited this past November, we planned on originally having our reception on the beach (on the left side of the hotel closer to the restaurants). After we were told that in order to do it, it would be a buffet dinner instead of a served dinner, we'd be charge extra per person to have it on the beach, and we'd have to rent a dance floor for around $900 (I mean really...do you get to take that home afterwards??!!), we chose not to. When we were there in Nov. we did see a wedding do their reception at the Lobster House and they probably had about 30-35 people. Honestly, it looked like ton of fun. They brought in a DJ and 1 or 2 dancers, and it was a huge party atmosphere, even with that amount of people. The way that they sectioned it off, it looked like there were a ton of people, even just with that group. It's also cool because the lazy river wraps around the restaurant and really does give it such a tropical feel. We would really consider having our reception there but our wedding will be on a Saturday so the Lobster House will be open. Hopefully that helps...best of luck and make sure you share pics!!

We're also considering having our reception at the Lobster House. I saw a photo of a reception there on trip advisor and it looked quite nice. I'm not sure about the foyer. Most weddings seem to have it there so it must be very nice. We'll decide on a place before we go but have an open mind. We'll have just over a week at ERC before the wedding so we should be ok.

Where is everyone thinking about having the cocktail hour? I would like to have the cocktail hour in a different place than the reception but it doesn't really bother me too much. Anywhere will be nice. One of our options is the pier if possible.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
This is so good to know! How did the nails turn out? Did you do a hair trial or just had faith on the big day?
Hey, I'm getting married on 19th March and things like hair are playing on my mind now :-) I'm thinking of having my hair half up half down and our ceremony on the pier, do you have some pics I could see please?

Just a heads up- we're doing one more Excellence Resorts Webinar! This is primarily for new people who aren't sure what resort they are interested in and it will review the wedding program! If we have enough brides & potential brides we will also have a wedding coordinator from the resort join us to answer questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're thrilled to have Excellence Resorts join us to present their 5 star all inclusive, award winning, adult only Excellence Resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean!

Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/335799498

Thursday, February 25th 7:00-8:00pm

Excellence Playa Mujeres: An adults-only romantic all inclusive resort nestled on two miles of powdery white sand beach, all inclusive luxury surrounds you in a setting of lush Caribbean beauty. The newest luxury resort destination in the Cancun region, Playa Mujeres is situated on an untouched 20-mile peninsula, secluded and serene but conveniently only 25 minutes north of Cancun Airport.

If you have a taste for excitement mixed with luxury, romance and relaxation at andults-only romantic all inclusive resort, then Excellence Riviera Cancun is where you belong. This resort is situated on a secluded, pure white sand beach on Mexico's Riviera Maya.

Excellence Punta Cana: This quaint, colonial-style all inclusive resort and spa is the ideal destination for couples seeking a secluded romantic resort getaway at an dults-only romantic all inclusive resort. This resort is nestled among palms on a 30-mile stretch of perfect white-sand Caribbean beach.

Additionally weâ€ll explore the amazing, 5-star, luxury, La Amada Hotel.. Here youâ€ll have a comfortable home base of contemporary luxury. Stylish hotel architecture and decor, generous suites, spotless service, deluxe facilities, and of course, our secluded beachfront setting, all enable you to let your days here happen naturally.

Those attending the webinar will receive:

*$25 per person discount when you book a 5 night or longer stay

*$50 per person discount when you book a 7 night or longer stay

*Must Book within 30 days of webinar

If we have enough brides attend the wedding ccordinators will join us to answer questions at the end of the webinar!

It's a shame that I've already booked- it would've been nice to get the discount. lol

Great idea about the webinar though- I think it'll help a lot of people.

---Nikki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TA Jennifer View Post
Just a heads up- we're doing one more Excellence Resorts Webinar! This is primarily for new people who aren't sure what resort they are interested in and it will review the wedding program! If we have enough brides & potential brides we will also have a wedding coordinator from the resort join us to answer questions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're thrilled to have Excellence Resorts join us to present their 5 star all inclusive, award winning, adult only Excellence Resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean!

Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/335799498

Thursday, February 25th 7:00-8:00pm

Excellence Playa Mujeres: An adults-only romantic all inclusive resort nestled on two miles of powdery white sand beach, all inclusive luxury surrounds you in a setting of lush Caribbean beauty. The newest luxury resort destination in the Cancun region, Playa Mujeres is situated on an untouched 20-mile peninsula, secluded and serene but conveniently only 25 minutes north of Cancun Airport.

If you have a taste for excitement mixed with luxury, romance and relaxation at andults-only romantic all inclusive resort, then Excellence Riviera Cancun is where you belong. This resort is situated on a secluded, pure white sand beach on Mexico's Riviera Maya.

Excellence Punta Cana: This quaint, colonial-style all inclusive resort and spa is the ideal destination for couples seeking a secluded romantic resort getaway at an dults-only romantic all inclusive resort. This resort is nestled among palms on a 30-mile stretch of perfect white-sand Caribbean beach.

Additionally weâ€ll explore the amazing, 5-star, luxury, La Amada Hotel.. Here youâ€ll have a comfortable home base of contemporary luxury. Stylish hotel architecture and decor, generous suites, spotless service, deluxe facilities, and of course, our secluded beachfront setting, all enable you to let your days here happen naturally.

Those attending the webinar will receive:

*$25 per person discount when you book a 5 night or longer stay

*$50 per person discount when you book a 7 night or longer stay

*Must Book within 30 days of webinar

If we have enough brides attend the wedding ccordinators will join us to answer questions at the end of the webinar!

OMG...I haven't been on the site for awhile and JUST read & realized that Veronica is no longer there...ahhhhh...should i be worried?? i havent talked to anyone and my wedding is coming up....April 28, 2010 to be exact!!!!! Other than talking to the coordinator, i'm pretty well set....Rings - Check, Dress - Check, Oot Bags Done - Check...Decorations - Check, Cake Topper - Check, Photographer Booked - Check, Dj Booked -Check, Spa Hair Appt. - Check...Am i Forgetting Anythinghuh.gifhuh.gif? I'm alittle worried now sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich&adam View Post
OMG...I haven't been on the site for awhile and JUST read & realized that Veronica is no longer there...ahhhhh...should i be worried?? i havent talked to anyone and my wedding is coming up....April 28, 2010 to be exact!!!!! Other than talking to the coordinator, i'm pretty well set....Rings - Check, Dress - Check, Oot Bags Done - Check...Decorations - Check, Cake Topper - Check, Photographer Booked - Check, Dj Booked -Check, Spa Hair Appt. - Check...Am i Forgetting Anythinghuh.gifhuh.gif? I'm alittle worried now sad.gif
We've had good communication with the new WC, Ramon - email and phone. I wouldn't worry :) What are you doing for reception decorations, in addition to the 2 centerpieces that are included? I think we may end up getting a few extra centerpieces and use votives - something simple but elegant. You already made your hair appt too? I should get on that, too to make sure we get the time. They said we could book it when we got there or any time via email but maybe we should go ahead and get that done. Who did you book as the DJ and do you mind me asking the cost? Our current plan is to bring a Bose dock station and use the iPod. It's looking like we'll have under 30 in attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachgirl@heart View Post
We've had good communication with the new WC, Ramon - email and phone. I wouldn't worry :) What are you doing for reception decorations, in addition to the 2 centerpieces that are included? I think we may end up getting a few extra centerpieces and use votives - something simple but elegant. You already made your hair appt too? I should get on that, too to make sure we get the time. They said we could book it when we got there or any time via email but maybe we should go ahead and get that done. Who did you book as the DJ and do you mind me asking the cost? Our current plan is to bring a Bose dock station and use the iPod. It's looking like we'll have under 30 in attendance.
Hi BeachGirl -

They told me I could book the hair and makeup via email, so that's what I did, about a month ago. DJ, we are using Ivan Gomez with Dorremixx and the cost was $650, he sent me a contract and I wired the $$ without incident, we are only having 20 people (including us) but I just wanted people to have fun and request any song they felt like it and not have anyone worry about occupying the Ipod dock station if need be, just easier and more fun for all!!!! Decorations - my wedding "colors" are teal and brown, so im doing teal chair ribbons, teal paper lanterns, brown rose petals and star fish scattered on the tables, simple, but fun!!!! I emailed Ramon today...keep ya posted :)
How about you?? your wedding is days away from mine...are you pretty much set?? Dress/alterations, Oot Bags, etc. etc. ??

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mich&adam View Post
Hi BeachGirl -

They told me I could book the hair and makeup via email, so that's what I did, about a month ago. DJ, we are using Ivan Gomez with Dorremixx and the cost was $650, he sent me a contract and I wired the $$ without incident, we are only having 20 people (including us) but I just wanted people to have fun and request any song they felt like it and not have anyone worry about occupying the Ipod dock station if need be, just easier and more fun for all!!!! Decorations - my wedding "colors" are teal and brown, so im doing teal chair ribbons, teal paper lanterns, brown rose petals and star fish scattered on the tables, simple, but fun!!!! I emailed Ramon today...keep ya posted :)
How about you?? your wedding is days away from mine...are you pretty much set?? Dress/alterations, Oot Bags, etc. etc. ??
Hello!
I am getting married in May at the ERC. What have you heard about the DJ that you are using? Also, just to let you girls know, I ordered four centerpieces and two additional bouquets (since only one is included with the Gold package) from Maya Diseno Floral. They have been really responsive and their prices are reasonable.

There are some great reviews on here about Doremixx, so just word of mouth,they seem very professional, quick response, profession contract and an awesome song list..everything and anything you could possibly want and again,i want my guests to enjoy every minute of there trip and my wedding and request whatever song they want and trust me,he will have it!!! Thanks for the floral tip..not sure what i'm doing yet aside from the teal paper lanterns and brown rose petals.