Photo

Happy New Year, what is your drink of choice?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:27 PM

Just curious to see what everyone is drinking this year. We always have a drink of choice, last year it was pomegranite and appletinis. This year it is sangria, just cut up all the fruit and it is soaking in the fridge, yummy, I can't wait to drink it!

#2 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:32 PM

oh good thread, ill be taking notes so i have some ideas for drinks ;o)

tonight ill be drinking crown royal and gingerale!

have a happy and safe new year everyone!

#3 missdanelle

missdanelle
      • 687 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:34 PM

Very good idea! mmm... both of those sound soo good.
        My old favorite is Malibu rum & diet coke!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

I L... O... V... E... LOVE Champange and there are only 2 times a year when it is readily available Weddings and NYE.

Shelley- I also love sangria, i just recently went to a jewlery party and they served a white wine sangria that was so tasty. I am thinking of doing it for 11:30 am baby shower.

#5 Susanandmo

Susanandmo
          • 698 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:38 PM

I absolutely love Long Island Ice teas...

#6 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Erika J
              I L... O... V... E... LOVE Champange and there are only 2 times a year when it is readily available Weddings and NYE.

Shelley- I also love sangria, i just recently went to a jewlery party and they served a white wine sangria that was so tasty. I am thinking of doing it for 11:30 am baby shower.
              mmm, that sounds tasty!

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Susanandmo
              I absolutely love Long Island Ice teas...
              yummy, we love raspberry long island iced tea!

#7 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 3,490 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

what a fun thread!

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Just curious to see what everyone is drinking this year. We always have a drink of choice, last year it was pomegranite and appletinis. This year it is sangria, just cut up all the fruit and it is soaking in the fridge, yummy, I can't wait to drink it!
                I LOVE sangria! maybe I will run home (I am working today booooo!) and do the same thing!

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Jacqueline
                oh good thread, ill be taking notes so i have some ideas for drinks ;o)

tonight ill be drinking crown royal and gingerale!

have a happy and safe new year everyone!
                Crown and Gingers are great! That is my FI's all time favorite drink so I am sure we will be having a few of those at some point tonight!

I myself think I might be having a few foo foo martini's!

#8 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:

I LOVE sangria! maybe I will run home (I am working today booooo!) and do the same thing!

a friend of mine makes it like this and this is what I am doing, I love it!

Sangria wine... by Linganore. Buy some fruit, apples, oranges, grapes.
                  Cut up fruit, put in pitcher. Pour wine over the fruit and chill in fridge. When you go to serve it, pour over ice- not all the way to the top, leave room to pour a bit of ginger ale over top-stir and drink!! A friend of mine, puts like a shot of vanilla vodka in the glass, and then the sangria and ginger ale.... THAT IS GooooOOOD!

#9 JulieG

JulieG
                  • VIP Member
                  • 8,323 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by MsShelley
                    When I read the title I was going to say if I could choose anything it would be Sangria, lol. But, since I can only have a drink or 2 max, and Curt does not drink, I will sadly not be having Sangria.

I think I will bust out the Champagne Curt got me when Ella was born. Or I will have a Corona or 2.

#10 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 10,366 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by JulieG
                      When I read the title I was going to say if I could choose anything it would be Sangria, lol. But, since I can only have a drink or 2 max, and Curt does not drink, I will sadly not be having Sangria.

I think I will bust out the Champagne Curt got me when Ella was born. Or I will have a Corona or 2.
                      yay, Julie it's so good to see you on, I will have a sangria for you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users