DIY Passport Invitations?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 aaronsgirl

• 134 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:15 PM

Hi girls.
    Has anyone created their own passport invitations? If so, what kind of paper did you use? Size? Texture? I am working on mine soon and wondered what seemed to work best. Pics would be great as well!!

#2 missdanelle

• 687 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:52 PM

you should do a search for passport invitations; there is alot of information & pictures.

#3 SoonToBeE

• 198 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:35 AM

I made my own as well - I used simple card stock to make it. I wanted something that felt like natural hand made paper - a bit rougher with visible fibers. I couldn't find that exactly, so I went to Michaels and bought scrapbooking paper. It had the weight and texture that I was looking for. You could start there.

You can check out my invites to see the texture of the paper I used. I decided to make three different invitations because we couldn't make up our minds....we loved all three designs, but I think they all work with the textured paper.

Etsy :: jennle :: jennle custom destination wedding designs

#4 aaronsgirl

• 134 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:44 AM

SoonToBE: Your invites are beautiful! I actually just ordered my passport STDs, but I love the paper you chose. I will check out the scrapbook section for our passports. Thanks!

#5 SoonToBeE

• 198 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Good luck! I bought square pieces because they allowed me to get more invites on one sheet - so that may help you. Also, watch for sales because I got my paper dirt cheap, they can charge an arm and a leg for that paper!

#6 SoNluv

• 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

great information!

#7 allyson_07

• 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:12 PM

Hi there, I too am looking at making my own passport invitations but am in a bit of a time crunch. Does anyone have any templates they can share? Also, can I get them printed anywhere (ie Kinkos, Staples?)

#8 ebdaniel113

• 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:51 AM

I found one through Aylee Bits that was really nice.

Passport Invitation template - Aylee Bits

You can also order a pre-designed one for $10 and just fill in your information. Hope this helps!

#9 merocket59

• 937 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:59 PM

Here is mine, thanks to all the wonderful people here on BDW I was able to make mine from templates I found on here. I think the stuff is grouped together at this point but you can ungroup it to change, or let me know if you can't and I'll ungroup it. I am in the process of trying to print them from Vistaprint, using a postcard for the cover and flyers for the pages, I don't know if it will work out the way I want so I will probably end up printing them myself.

Attached Files

#10 Devon

• 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:04 PM

Really like your invites! Thanks for sharing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users