Photo

Friends Engagement

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 happygilmore

happygilmore
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:24 PM

Tina82 I get what your saying. If someone got engaged while at my DW I think i would be annoyed to. it isn't often you get to be the center of attention and have people celebrate your moment and I think that would be spoiled a bit by a friend getting engaged during your DW!

I think she'll get over being mad at you for telling her how you feel!

#12 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
    • 451 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 12:26 PM

Ok - I think I get it. She got engaged, and mentioned that he was going to wait to propose in Jamaice (but obviously did it earlier).

You said something like "if he had done it in Jamaica (during my wedding) I would have been upset".

And now your friends is upset that you said that. Correct?

If so, that's silly and it doesn't matter. Its all hypothetical anyway. I think she will understand when she starts planning her wedding. I would just let it go away. No one likes to hear "you will understand when...".

#13 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
      • 1,083 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 04:47 PM

That is just silly of her to be upset with you! It shouldn't matter anyway, since they are engaged now. Tell her to get over herself and enjoy being engaged.

PS - If it would've happened during your wedding week, you would have had every right to be a bit upset. It's the week that you and your honey are celebrating your commitment; it should be about you two!

#14 pearlygirl

pearlygirl
        • 97 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

I totally understand that you'd be upset if they announced their engagement during your wedding week.

In fact, I told both of my friends BF's that they are not allowed to propose in Jamaica! I'm sure it was rude of me, but I want to be sure no one "steals my thunder" during my wedding week. (If anyone is a "Friends" fan, you know about stealing thunder)

#15 tina82

tina82
          • 184 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:08 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by pearlygirl
            I totally understand that you'd be upset if they announced their engagement during your wedding week.

In fact, I told both of my friends BF's that they are not allowed to propose in Jamaica! I'm sure it was rude of me, but I want to be sure no one "steals my thunder" during my wedding week. (If anyone is a "Friends" fan, you know about stealing thunder)
            Thats how I feel to. and ya I am a Friends fan. I would never do that to a friend, or family member.
            Christina

#16 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
            • 1,681 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, it is so rude to steal your thunder!!! She has some nerve....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users