Photo

RSVP Postcards

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 annkaley

annkaley
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

Did anyone else use a postcard for your RSVP card? Will you post pictures? (I am needing some inspiration)

#2 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
    • VIP Member
    • 11,403 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

I considered doing postcards for RSVP's, but my FI insisted it was tacky & that his sisters would surely comment on it. Funny how none of them actually RSVP's anyway!

I did pocket fold invites, so I was just going to make my RSVP insert into a postcard by addressing the reverse side & sticking a stamp on it.

Make sure you meet the US Postal requirements if you do this:

You may think that your mailpiece is a "card," because it is a single sheet of paper. But to qualify for mailing at First-Class Mail card rates, a card must be:
      • Rectangular
      • At least 3-½ inches high x 5 inches long x .007 inch thick
      • No more than 4-¼ inches high x 6 inches long x .016 inches thick

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

I did postcard Save the Dates and they turned out great.
      Click the image to open in full size.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
      • VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:17 PM

I also wanted to do them, but because our invites were on handmade paper it did not make sense. I think that they're super cute though...

#5 Janet

Janet
        • VIP Member
        • 7,459 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:36 PM

We did our for cheap (almost free) at VistaPrint. They aren't fancy, but they served their purpose!

#6 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
          • 490 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:56 PM

I am thinking about doing them to send out with our STD magnets to get a preliminary RSVP. I might change the back a bit.
            I made these on VistaPrint. I think right now 100 for FREE!

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

I'm trying this out with my STD's. i sent 2 boarding passes per STD and pre-stamped the second one so that they can mail back as a prelim RSVP. I just mailed them last week and gave them until July 4th to respond (1year before the wedding).

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

#8 KellyandMatt08

KellyandMatt08
              • 490 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:14 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by amyh
                I'm trying this out with my STD's. i sent 2 boarding passes per STD and pre-stamped the second one so that they can mail back as a prelim RSVP. I just mailed them last week and gave them until July 4th to respond (1year before the wedding).

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
                I haven't mailed mine out yet. Can you keep us posted on how the RSVPs come along? I'm wondering how many people are going to respond to them.

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:16 PM

Of course! But I have to warn you, my family never RSVP's. But I am threatin the ones that I know will go by saying that I am only sending formal invites to those who respond! I am also having them rsvp via our email too.

#10 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                  • VIP Member
                  • 2,347 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KellyandMatt08
                    I haven't mailed mine out yet. Can you keep us posted on how the RSVPs come along? I'm wondering how many people are going to respond to them.

We made 80 STD's to send out and included a postcard to give a tentative reply. But we got 40 of them mailed before my dad got sick and we stopped sending them until we decided to postpone the wedding. We gave people until the end of April to send them back (to beat the postal increase in May). So far we've gotten 22 back (9 yes and 12 no).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users