Photo

Could I be the only person not wearing white?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 irishmatrimony

irishmatrimony
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:33 PM

I have chosen a beautiful simple dress but it's lilac and I love it! But it is SO hard to find anyone who has not gone with white, ivory or champagne! Anyone have pics from their "non-white" wedding? Much appreciated!

#2 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:38 PM

I know that you are not alone on having a non-white wedding gown. I am not sure where the threads are; but you can do a search. There are at least a few brides on here who are doing colored wedding dresses that are just stunning!!!
      Do you have a pic of your dress? I would love to see it!!!

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:42 PM

there are a few people here that are going with non-white wedding dresses...take a look at these threads...

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t24514
        http://bestdestinati...g.com/forum/t85
        http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t31119

You are not alone!! :)

#4 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
        • 1,634 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:45 PM

There are loads of people having coloured dresses....remember its YOUR wedding, so you can have whichever colour scheme you want! People will always have opinions, but don't let anyone bother you with that....if you went for what everyone else has then they would say you were a copycat....you can't win! So make your decisions for YOU and then you can't go wrong!

Sorry, maybe a bit overpowering...but i hate when people feel insecure about doing something different!

#5 bakerisacat

bakerisacat
          • 52 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 03:26 AM

Mine is white but with lots of color! I don't know how to post pics but this is the link to my dress :)

Jade Daniels Style 2082

I would love to see a pic of yours!

#6 Hartyt509

Hartyt509
            • 2,262 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

Mine is black with a tiny and i mean tiny bit of white lol so lilac sounds good to me

#7 irishmatrimony

irishmatrimony
              • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:20 AM

Here's the link to mine...

Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores

It's exactly the same but mine has a small sparkly broach attached at the waistline. I have long dark brown curly hair so I love the colour on me! My hubbie to be will wear a custom made lavender linen shirt with white embroidery. His guys will have these awesome white linen shirts we got at macy.com and I have a man of honour and bridesman. They will both wear the opposite shirt to my fiance's white with mauve embroidery! All the guys are wearing grey pants from Eddie Bauer, they're actually on sale right now for $30 less than reg! My dress is a bridesmaid dress so it cost a great deal less and the alterations are only going to be $20... I just need to have it taken up!

#8 BachataBride

BachataBride
                • Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

Wow!! It sounds like a really unique wedding!! I can't wait to see pics! I bet it's going to look awesome!!! When are you getting married??

#9 irishmatrimony

irishmatrimony
                  • 56 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:40 AM

March 2009 - Mayan Riviera!

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:42 AM

Awesome!! That's our next trip...the MR!!
                      Yes...we're already planning our next vaca - and we aren't back from this one yet!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users