Photo

Haircolor switcharoo!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:55 PM

I have never changed my haircolor before, and decided to try something new... so yesterday I went to the salon for highlights. I'm really liking the lighter hair so far, but it is definitely different for me!

Now I'm trying to decide whether to keep it light for the wedding or to take it darker again....

What do you think?

BEFORE

Click the image to open in full size.

AFTER

#2 Chanti

Chanti
    • 310 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

I think it looks good either way!!! I do find that lightening my hair damages it over time though so it's worth investing in some deep conditioning treatment if you decide to keep going with it :-)

#3 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:58 PM

LOVE IT!!! Tooo cute! I think you should keep them but I may be biased since I love highlights. But yours are subtle!
        What does FI think?

#4 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
        • 1,572 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:01 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
          What does FI think?
          FI looves it! I didn't think he'd even notice! lol

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*petals*~
            FI looves it! I didn't think he'd even notice! lol
            LOL...Thats cute!! Well if he loves it I think you should def keep it!

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:14 PM

you're so pretty.;o) both ways look really good on you. id say lighten it up for now and you can always go dark later if you want for the wedding. i have my hair red now, i just recently changed it but for the wedding im doing it dark brown again since thats my normal color. i think you still have alil time to have fun with it though.

#7 yamille

yamille
              • 1,460 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

It's really pretty on you. It's very subtle which works well. I like both ways... not much help there. Jacqueline is right- you are so pretty- so either way works!

#8 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
                • VIP Member
                • 18,452 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

I think the highlights would look great for a beach wedding. it'll look nice with the sun hitting them. But you do look good the other way too. Like Jac said you have plenty of time to fool around.
                  ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
                  Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
                  Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#9 weddingchick

weddingchick
                  • 1,052 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

I'm in the same boat too petals! My hair currently has blonde highlights and I was thinking about what to do since the wedding is coming up soon. I'm leaning towards keeping them in. Who knows maybe I'll change my mind.

Your photos look great either way since the change is subtle.

#10 BachataBride

BachataBride
                    • Banned
                    • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

I love highlights!! Especially subtle ones...I'm going the same thing for my wedding. I'm getting a medium brown all over color (to try & get me back to natural...if I can even remember what that is!!) with subtle caramel highlights!
                      But...I say whatever YOU love!!! That's what's most important! Why don't you go for a trial updo (or whatever you are planning for your wedding hair) to see what it looks like! You can get the full picture then!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users