Photo

ROR room keys/key cards

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 panther

panther
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:18 PM

Are the room keys actual keys or are they keycards?

Is the safe an actual key, keycard or programmable?

#2 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:56 PM

I've heard that there is both. There is an actual key for some rooms and the others have the cards. I guess it just depends on what room you get.

#3 panther

panther
      • 84 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:01 PM

I've heard both too, thats why I asked. I find it odd that any hotel would still use the old fashion lock and key system, but what do I know.

We have booked in the deluxe wing so I am hoping its the programmable keycards they are much easier to carry.

#4 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
        • 584 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:33 PM

Standard rooms have regular keys.
          Deluxe Wing/Jr. Suites have key cards and you are given 2.

Safe's - you get an actual lock w/key. You put the lock in the opening of the safe & then lock it with the key.

#5 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:21 PM

I was there in Feb in the Junior Deluxe suites. They use keycards for the rooms. I forget about the safe because my brother always took care of it.

#6 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
            • 215 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 12:41 PM

Be prepared to have key card problems. This is the one thing that I wasn't too fond of with the resort. Some rooms worked fine, others were quite finicky and you had to insert the card with your left hand, while standing on one foot and tilting your head at a 45 degree angle to the right, well, not really but you get my point. My MIL & FIL actually had the manager come out and "show them" how to use the lock and the manager couldn't get it to work either so they replaced the whole lock mechanism! We also had a few people whose keys just stopped working one day. We had to go back down to the lobby to get them reprogrammed. All in all, quite a minor thing but annoying in the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users