Sign in to follow this  
panther

ROR room keys/key cards

I've heard both too, thats why I asked. I find it odd that any hotel would still use the old fashion lock and key system, but what do I know.

We have booked in the deluxe wing so I am hoping its the programmable keycards they are much easier to carry.

Standard rooms have regular keys.

Deluxe Wing/Jr. Suites have key cards and you are given 2.

Safe's - you get an actual lock w/key. You put the lock in the opening of the safe & then lock it with the key.

Be prepared to have key card problems. This is the one thing that I wasn't too fond of with the resort. Some rooms worked fine, others were quite finicky and you had to insert the card with your left hand, while standing on one foot and tilting your head at a 45 degree angle to the right, well, not really but you get my point. My MIL & FIL actually had the manager come out and "show them" how to use the lock and the manager couldn't get it to work either so they replaced the whole lock mechanism! We also had a few people whose keys just stopped working one day. We had to go back down to the lobby to get them reprogrammed. All in all, quite a minor thing but annoying in the moment.