Sign in to follow this  
jessicanparti

Thailand??

My FI and I were really hoping to go to Thailand over Xmas (most days off), but I hadn'tnoticed all the news. Does anyone know if it's really too dangerous to go? Or if it's too crowded to even consider?

I have a friend who just spent a few months in Thailand - her and her boyfriend ended up leaving because of a military coup (they didn't need to, but they felt safer by leaving), but they absolutely loved it there!

I've been to Thailand a few times and loved it. I never had problems any time I was there. I'm sure it will be fine.

Was there something in the news recently that I missed? Why would it be more crowed than normal?

I was there end of Nov beginning of December of last year. It was an amazing trip. The weather was nice, not too crowded and good shopping place (everything is extremely cheap). We went to Bangkok, Chiangmai and Puket. My favorite city was Chiangmai.

We were actually planning on going last x-mas time but cancelled for unrelated reasons. I think it is perfectly safe to go. I do think the far south has more rebel activity but as a tourist I am sure you would be fine. These are the areas I desperately wanted to visit:

Bangkok

Chiang Rai

Krabi

Have fun - you lucky lady!

I just returned (okay, I am in Tokyo, so technically, I am en route) from our belated HM in Thailand. We did 5 days in Bangkok and 6 days in Phuket. It was aaaaamazing! I will post a full review when I am back and have my wits about me.

It depends where you're going, city or countryside. You should check out the site travel.state.gov. We were going to get married in Bali but than US govt posted US citizens should be warned at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NABUMBAH View Post
I just returned (okay, I am in Tokyo, so technically, I am en route) from our belated HM in Thailand. We did 5 days in Bangkok and 6 days in Phuket. It was aaaaamazing! I will post a full review when I am back and have my wits about me.
Yeah!!! Someone in the same country as me!!! :)

Thailand is a hot spot - For more than one reason. You shouldnt have no problems! Phuket is my favorite! Phi Phi Island influenced the reason for us getting married in Fiji!

Always check this site before considering (of course you can take chances) International Travel Information