Jump to content


Mexico Work Permit for Photographer?!

  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eebruce

  • Banned
  • 9 posts

    Posted 30 December 2008 - 11:50 AM

    Hello everyone -

    I am hoping someone can help me, my resort (The Azul Fives by Karisma) wants my photographer to have a Mexican Work Permit - does anyone know where I go to obtain this or which form I need or what it entails? My TA doesnt seem to know...

    Thanks for any and all help!


    #2 Jenn6603

    • Newbie
    • 118 posts

      Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:27 PM

      Great question - hopefully someone will have encountered this...

      We are bringing a photog with us but are also using the one that was included for free in our package... I think we will just say that the photog we are bringing is a friend of ours and a wedding guest...


      #3 JessicaPV

      • Jr. Member
      • 375 posts

        Posted 16 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

        Hi Erinne and Jenn,

        What I would do is go or have my photographer go to the closest Mexican Consulate and ask or file for the permit.

        We did some research for you and found the list of consulates on the Mexican Government website: Directorio Consulados -SRE

        This is the Mexican Government website that regulates this:
        Ministry of Foreign Affairs

        My honey speaks spanish and we live in Mexico. In case you need further direction PM me or have your photographers e-mail me directly and we will help.

        #4 car1969

        • Newbie
        • 40 posts

          Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:09 AM

          Wow ...this is something i never even thought of...if we are doing a private family affair and afamily member takes the pics.....do they still want work permitt?

          #5 JessicaPV

          • Jr. Member
          • 375 posts

            Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:50 AM

            No if he/she is not being hired to do the job. As long as the photographer is working and is receiving compensation for the job then a permit is needed.

            What tons of people try to do is "smuggle" the photographer into their weddings saying that they are family members. But the immigration people is like the cops, they can "smell" if there is trouble going on.

            Everybody is different, so everybody can take different levels of risk. Also, every location has different immigration people working on the area. What I would do is talk to my venue or wedding coordinator and see what their recommendation is. They would know if they get supervised or not and the level of supervision they get.

            In case they recommended getting the Work Permit just call or go to the closes Mexican Consulate in your area and ask about it. Maybe the photographer could even apply and get the permit upon arrival into Mexico.

            0 user(s) are reading this topic

            0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users