Photo

Small Mexico Wedding

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 Jteam

Jteam
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:34 AM

Congratulations! I'm thinking the same thing, small wedding and honeymoon in one. I'm also thinking Mexico... not sure where yet, maybe Cabo San Lucas.

take care, J.

#32 Dayla911

Dayla911
    • 133 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

Hey Jodi, That is exactly what I think we are going to do. So, we don't have to worry about giving blood and all that. Just get married at the JP and have the ceremony down there! :-) I am pretty fixed on Excellence. I have fallen in love with it. I have looked at peoples pics and they are so beautifuL!

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jodi826
      Congratulations!!! My travel agent suggested either secrets or excellence resort because you can get a complimentary wedding if we have enough guest (we have a big family). The only problem I have is that I cant plan anything until a year after the desired date. And the website doesnt really give much information about the stuff I need. But as plus you get a wedding coordinator I guess that will take out some of the stress I'll be experiencing this year.
      But Good Luck and read about the rules with a Mexican wedding... Like the blood test (which may take up to 15 days). I'm still trying to figure out if the wedding certificate will be in english. We might just end up getting married here and then have the ceremony in Mexico

#33 melissaheist

melissaheist
      • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:14 PM

So jealous wish we could have done this too! It is going to be beautiful! Going in 2 weeks to the moon palace and will update on anything negative.

#34 Dayla911

Dayla911
        • 133 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:23 PM

Hey thanks Melissa! I was thinking of that place too!!

#35 jamk32179

jamk32179
          • 341 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

You will love Riviera Maya, it is beautiful. I just attended a wedding in Playa del Carmen at The Royal. I have decided to get married somewhere down there next year. My mind changes on a daily basis though:)! I really loved the beaches of Tulum, but loved the city of Playa del Carmen. The Royal was AI and was about 3 blocks from the main area of Playa del Carmen. I really liked this because you did not feel secluded and could get out of the hotel easily to explore. Most bars/restaurants and boats to Cozumel were only a short walk away. Congrats!
            September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

#36 blaired

blaired
            • 40 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:07 PM

Congrats and Happy Planning!

#37 Dayla911

Dayla911
              • 133 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:38 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jamk32179
                You will love Riviera Maya, it is beautiful. I just attended a wedding in Playa del Carmen at The Royal. I have decided to get married somewhere down there next year. My mind changes on a daily basis though:)! I really loved the beaches of Tulum, but loved the city of Playa del Carmen. The Royal was AI and was about 3 blocks from the main area of Playa del Carmen. I really liked this because you did not feel secluded and could get out of the hotel easily to explore. Most bars/restaurants and boats to Cozumel were only a short walk away. Congrats!
                Thanks JAMK I will look into that.

#38 tina82

tina82
                • 184 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

Congrats and Happy planning
                  Christina

#39 deefalvey

deefalvey
                  • 521 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:33 PM

Congrats and Welcome to the forum!