What happens during the legal courthouse ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 jjurick

• 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

Question- does that mean when you "get married" at your resort you are purchasing the marriage renewal package?

#22 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

The form we filled out does say "non-legal/vow renewal" so they may group them together in terms of not requiring special paperwork, judge, etc, but we're doing a spiritual ceremony & we put down a deposit on one of their wedding packages. Does that answer your question?

#23 KimmyG

• 520 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:59 PM

For those who went to the courthouse/JOP, do you get to take all of your paperwork home with you that day, or do you have to wait for anything to be processed and mailed to you

We're trying to plan how far in advance of leaving for the DW we need to go to the courthouse at home.

#24 adales

• Site Supporter
        • 545 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

We are doing the courthouse legal stuff today.  I am not thinking of this as my wedding and instead it is just the paperwork.  I am not changing my last name until after our DW in Mexico.  I just dont want to have to jump through all of the loopholes while we are in Mexico. 

#25 delgadot

• 284 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

That is a great question KimmyG....

How far in advance are you ladies planning on going to the courthouse before leaving for your destination wedding? I would like to do it as close to when we leave as possible. But would I need to bring the legal paperwork with me to the resort in order for them to do the blessing ceremony? How long does the paperwork take?....I have got some homework to do...

Thanks ladies!!

#26 Avens

• 576 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:57 AM

Doing a year ahead is a good idea. I hadn't really thought about that, but there's still time for it! I might have to talk to the DH about that.

#27 shan0487

• 1,393 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
              • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

I need to do some research about how it's done in IL! Thanks ladies!

#28 NikkiT1021

• 210 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 03:26 AM

We are planning on having our "legal" ceremony the day before we leave for Mexico but not exchanging rings.  We'll consider the ring exchange our actual marriage.  If we are required to exchange rings in NJ (not sure of the law), then we will probably just get cheap fake ones.  I know we need a witness, so I'll probably have my dad come and then we will go for celebratory drinks after. 

#29 SeeFlowers

• 212 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:41 AM

I'm probably going to do my legal when I return home from my Mexico DW.

Riu Palace Riviera Maya- April 29,2011

#30 stella331

• 247 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I really would like to treat this as just signing paperwork but I have a feeling it will be more then that. I'm just worried this will take away from our ceremony day in my mind but of course I hope it doesn't.
                    46 booked and counting!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users