Photo

We are here, we are there, and oh we have no idea

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ColleenS

ColleenS
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hi everyone! I have peeked at these forums for months and still we are confused on where we wanna go and what we wanna do :)
    My Name is Colleen, and I am engaged to be married to a lovely man next winter (2009, early 2010). Location is very up in the air due to a recent long distance relationship, work moved me back Stateside after we were living in London (he is English), so he is there and I am here. We want a destination wedding, ...well regardless now it will be a destination for at least one of us. So lets get planning. Originally we were thinking Sweden in a Ice Hotel but with the recent move for me and all the planning around moving back to the UK the stress levels of planning something soo far away seems really tricky now. I toyed with Hawaii because we can get our license there while we wed and still on US soil so to speak but I have read so many wonderful things about Mexico on these forums I just we are just still planning and planning at this point. So like I mentioned in the title.. we have NO IDEA at this point but its lovely to be here and meet you all and I am sure there are some great resources to help guide us.

#2 dinogomez.com

dinogomez.com
    • 5,705 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

Welcome to the forum!!! Happy New Year!!!

#3 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
      • 4,979 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:39 PM

LOL! Colleen, I love your post and thread title - too cute!!

It's so common to flip-flop between destinations, but I'm sure the fact that you and your FI are in two different locations (COUNTRIES!) doesn't help!! I am biased towards Mexico, no matter where I've been there, it always amazes me. It's tends to be more affordable... but then again I've never been to places like Hawaii and would still love to go! I know it's overwhelming, but I'd start by narrowing it down a little. Figure out what your budget is and find a few resorts in each location within the budget, then take it from there; pros and cons for each resort/location, etc.

Welcome to the forum Colleen, and happy planning!!
        Happily Married since May 9, 2008
        Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#4 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:50 PM

Welcome to the forum!! It looks like you have a hard choice to make. Just keep in mind that you should do what you want to do, and not what other wants. Expect for you fiance of cource.
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#5 ColleenS

ColleenS
          • 2 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

I think for us both its down to something very intimate, being able to get a great photographer (we both work in media and very much enjoy photojournalistic and artful photography) and lovely food!

#6 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
            • 1,681 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:09 PM

Welcome Colleen!!! I wish you luck in finding your perfect wedding spot!

#7 Jennifer Davis

Jennifer Davis
              • 582 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:31 PM

If you "have no idea", you've definitely found the right spot. You can easily suffer from information overload after a while on these boards. The women on here know EVERYTHING about destination weddings! I felt like I won lotto when I found this place!

#8 Andre

Andre
                • 603 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:55 PM

Congratulations Colleen, and welcome!

Best wishes,

Andre

#9 KLC77

KLC77
                  • 2,207 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:12 AM

Welcome Colleen! Good luck getting things narrowed down. Can't wait to hear what you decide!
                    ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#10 Bridget810

Bridget810
                    • 168 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:56 AM

I had the same problem; I spent 3 months researching every island in the Caribbean, every country in Europe, and many states in the USA. I got so freakin' frustrated, and then one day I stumbled upon "the one" (and in my case, it ended up NOT being a resort, like I originally planned for, and instead a restaurant). So, eventually my hard work paid off; but there were certainly days where I was like, "forget it, I don't want to look any more!". But trust me; eventually you will find "the one" too!! Gosh, it's an awful lot like dating, huh? It's funny you mentioned the food & photography; those were my two most important things too!! So, of course I am biased, but you should check out the Grand Old House in Grand Cayman, if food is your thing! Regardless of what you end up choosing, I am sure you will have a beautiful wedding. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users