Photo

DIY Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jen_S

Jen_S
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:02 PM

I have seen a number of couples who have done filmed the wedding what type of camcorder did you use?
    Our Honeymoon In Ireland!!

#2 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
    • Vendor
    • 2,015 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

While it can affect quality a lot in types of camcorder... the magic of a good video is in the editing. I would suggest, if you don't have the software and equiptment yourself, to find a 3rd party vendor to edit your video footage into something magical.
      Best of luck!
      Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
      Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
      Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
      Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
      http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#3 Bridget810

Bridget810
      • 168 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:37 AM

Yes, I agree with the above poster. I have a friend who does video editing, so I'm going to have him do the the editing. As for the camera, I would make sure that it is digital, and HD. If you are looking to buy a camera, read reviews on amazon.com and cnet.com. Make sure to look at the reviews for how it performs in different lighting; for instance, if you are getting married outdoors, make sure it films well in bright light, if you are getting married indoors, make sure it films well in dark light. Good luck!

#4 D&ESept2009

D&ESept2009
        • 317 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

I was so thinking of having someone film with a camcorder my FI and I are going to purchase. I was a bit hesitant because I thought it may be too bootleg, but the whole point of a DW was to save money. I am definately going to look into a 3rd party editor.

#5 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
          • 451 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:56 PM

I am going to use 3rd party editing as well. We didnt want to spend another $1000 on a professional videographer. My FI doesnt think we will watch it that often anyway :)

I found a local guy who will edit our footage for $200. His work looks great and he will include photographs as well and set it all to music. I found him using google and going to lots of websites.

As far as the camcorder, we are going to buy one but FI gets to pick it out. I will let you know what he decides. There are tons of reviews on every camcorder, so just do your research :)

#6 Bridget810

Bridget810
            • 168 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:44 PM

I have a question about DIY-video. Are you guys planning on using a microphone? Or do you think the voices will pick up fine without it? And, if you are planning on using a microphone, where are you getting it?

#7 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
              • 451 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:52 PM

Most of the wedding videos I've seen are mainly video over music. The 2 things I would like to have real sound on is the ceremony and the speeches (my friends make awesome speeches). The resort will shoot our ceremony (with mics), so I'm hoping our recorder will grab the sound from the speeches.

The speaker will have a regular microphone (sound system mic), but I'm a bit nervous out the wind noise. If we can get a camera with a mic, we can clip it to the speakers shirt or something to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users