Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I'm glad somebody agrees!  You are important right now, not us!  I hope your wedding is absolutely AMAZING and you have a fantastic time in Jamaica!  Def. tell us all about it when you are back!

Originally Posted by Alexisht View Post

I couldn't agree more Allie!  They host a wedding daily and then have to field questions from all of us brides that don't have their wedding until a month or even a year out.  At first I was so frustrated too but then think about your own job and put yourself in Nicole's shoes.  She has A LOT on her plate.

I am getting married there April 29, 2012 and has of recently Nicole picks up the phone and calls me and responds to my emails quickly.  They aren't worried about May or even 2013, they are worried about their brides right now that are about to walk in the door. I would much prefer answers NOW then getting them 8 months ago. 

Use this blog to get answers to your questions that you have - you will get a much quicker response!!

Best of luck!  If you read Trip Advisor or any other rating source they give great reviews for this hotel and I am so looking forward to leaving in 5 days to marry my best friend there!

Yes.  You are more important than my wedding 77 days away.  Good luck!  Hope all goes well! :)

Originally Posted by Alexisht View Post

I couldn't agree more Allie!  They host a wedding daily and then have to field questions from all of us brides that don't have their wedding until a month or even a year out.  At first I was so frustrated too but then think about your own job and put yourself in Nicole's shoes.  She has A LOT on her plate.

I am getting married there April 29, 2012 and has of recently Nicole picks up the phone and calls me and responds to my emails quickly.  They aren't worried about May or even 2013, they are worried about their brides right now that are about to walk in the door. I would much prefer answers NOW then getting them 8 months ago. 

Use this blog to get answers to your questions that you have - you will get a much quicker response!!

Best of luck!  If you read Trip Advisor or any other rating source they give great reviews for this hotel and I am so looking forward to leaving in 5 days to marry my best friend there!

I totally agree with all of you however I must admit that I was VERY frustrated when they confirmed my wedding date and then said "oops sorry that date was already booked" a week later. Then it took her another week to confirm my second date and all it said was " thank you your date is confirmed" so that made me stressed. So I'm hoping  that this was my only bump. Just as long as my date is officially confirmed I'm fine not hearing from them until much closer to my date. When I go down there next month I am hoping to see a few weddings and be put at ease! I'm so excited for all of you ladies and I feel good knowing that the communication gets better closer to the date! 

I also completely agree with you Allie! I am not getting married until January so as long as I know my date is confirmed I am happy until Nov or even Dec! I would rather take a back seat now and have them be there for me 100% come our time. I know it can be frustrating but in the big picture, it's less stressful than a big at home wedding...I think at least! So, just sit back, relax with a drink and think about how great it will all be!

I'm waiting on mine from the TA.  Apparently 2013 rates aren't out yet.  And flights won't be available until 11 months before the date you need them for.  I'll let you know when I know what my TA tells me.

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 View Post

Have any of you received quotes for the hotels for group rates yet?

Hey ladies! 
Just got back from IRHB and the week was absolutely amazing!! The resort was beautiful, food was delicious and the wedding was perfect. The staff worked their asses off all week and always with a smile. While communication may be weak prior to the wedding, rest assured they really do try their hardest to accommodate your wedding wishes and are more than willing to meet with you and work with you when you arrive to ensure everything goes according to plan. The day of the wedding, Kymoya (the WC) was on site the entire day and didn't leave until very late in the evening (past 11pm) ensuring everything went smoothly. 

The wedding coordinators are booked up dealing with brides getting married that week, there was a wedding every day we were there the whole week.  I too had been frustrated with the lack of communication, it seemed when i got responses only half my questions were answered, etc.. but once I got there, I realized they really do work hard. If there's anyone to blame it's the Iberostar itself and not the staff onsite, I think they could probably use some help!!! 

As for the dinner, we had originally anticipated having a semi-private wedding (where we had the place to ourselves for half the night) for free as well but didn't have the numbers so we were also told it would cost us $400. We opted not to reserve the whole place and they really did a great job of keeping our section private, we had speeches and it was decorated how I wanted and we didn't even notice the other guests. We had a beach bonfire where we danced, had more drinks and released sky lanterns. It was incredible!!! My guests were totally amazed and can't stop saying what an amazing week and wedding overall. 

I'll be posting my review soon with some pics. I can't comment on the Suites or Grand, we didn't really spend any time there but the property looked amazing.  For those of you still considering on going forward with your beach wedding, do it!! It was so fun and I have absolutely no regrets :) 

Originally Posted by Cateyedcutie View Post

After catching up on this thread, canceling my wedding at the grand appears to be the best wedding planning decision I've made thus far. I don't care how gorgeous the resort, I refuse to pay for incompetence. I'm West Indian and understand the concept of laid back island time. Waiting weeks on end for a simple email reply that never comes and leaving several unreturned messages isn't island time, it's lax and unprofessional. Don't get me started on the policy and price changes that vary depending on who replies. I'm not thrilled about planning an at home wedding, but I'm over the moon about vendors who return emails in 24 hours or less and know how to answer a goddamn phone. *vent over* lol

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie View Post

WORD!!!!!  My BIGGEST regret is dealing with Iberostar AT ALL!  I sincerely hope that once I get there (and they can't avoid me) the service/response is better.  But yeah, honestly, this experience has been anything but cute.  Waiting weeks, sometimes months, to respond to your client is unacceptable.  And this "island time" excuse is just that...AN EXCUSE!  I wish I could've cancelled my wedding there but unfortunately most of my guests are booked and excited to be coming.  But I would not recommend this resort to a bride.  It has been stressful not getting timely responses and then getting 'tude when I send multiple emails following up on the emails that have gone unanswered for weeks.  Oh, AND they NEVER admit when they are wrong or a mistake has been made.  I expressed my concerns about 2 couples' paperwork being lost recently and they responded that they have NEVER lost anyone's paperwork.  Huh???  So are they calling the brides on this forum liars?  SMDH!

Originally Posted by poddoc View Post

I just wanted to let off a little bit of steam. My wedding is 3 weeks away at IRHB and the WC emailed me today and told me 'because of the number of people (I have 40 guests) they have changed my non-private reception to a semi private reception because they need to close off two seating times until 8:30'. This was NEVER discussed with me before and I have several emails stating that I was having a non private reception and it was of no cost. How the f*** can they just change things last minute and expect us to be ok with it? I refuse to pay this.

Has anyone else run into this problem? If you have, how did you deal with it?

Originally Posted by marysnow19 View Post

I reserved my date for Aug 24,2013. I am thinking of canceling EVERYTHING with IRHS!! I agree their lack of communication is EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!! I faxed my Credit Card information as well as OUR Identification along with ALL OF OUR contact information, they CLAIM they never received it!! So OUR info is just floating around!!! I am going to look into IRHG and see if they are better!!