Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

MrsGreene

I have been asking the same thing about "upgrades and free things" for awhile now on here. It seems that no one has really received anything for free except some extra reception time and DJ time. The biggest upgrade I have heard of is getting your room updgraded...but if you don't get it, you'll have to push for it!

I wish the resort would upgrade more since we all are bringing so much business, but maybe it's because they have weddings all the time. I'm not sure. That's what I've learned so far!!!

Thank Misee. It does soom like they do not offer anything for free. I would think they would because so many other resorts do and it's a very competitive business; but then again, like you said so many people get married there that they probably don't need to. I was going to get the Ocean Front room, but now I am wondering if I should just get the Ocean View and hope to get an upgrade when I get there.

Originally Posted by Misee17 View Post

MrsGreene

I have been asking the same thing about "upgrades and free things" for awhile now on here. It seems that no one has really received anything for free except some extra reception time and DJ time. The biggest upgrade I have heard of is getting your room updgraded...but if you don't get it, you'll have to push for it!

I wish the resort would upgrade more since we all are bringing so much business, but maybe it's because they have weddings all the time. I'm not sure. That's what I've learned so far!!!

mrsgreene2001:

We discussed this one a previous thread (not sure if it was this one) and it was agreed that perhaps you should book the room you truly want and not settle for the sake of wishing on an upgrade.  Room upgrades are based on availablity only and may not be available.  You do not want to be stuck in a room you dont really want.  I booked oceanfront.  I assume the only upgrade option for us is the presidential suite.  If we get it cool.  If not, we will be perfectly okay!

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

Thank Misee. It does soom like they do not offer anything for free. I would think they would because so many other resorts do and it's a very competitive business; but then again, like you said so many people get married there that they probably don't need to. I was going to get the Ocean Front room, but now I am wondering if I should just get the Ocean View and hope to get an upgrade when I get there.

Thank Eholt. You are right, I should just book the Oceanfront. I probably will because my FI won't want to risk not getting the upgrade.

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

mrsgreene2001:

We discussed this one a previous thread (not sure if it was this one) and it was agreed that perhaps you should book the room you truly want and not settle for the sake of wishing on an upgrade.  Room upgrades are based on availablity only and may not be available.  You do not want to be stuck in a room you dont really want.  I booked oceanfront.  I assume the only upgrade option for us is the presidential suite.  If we get it cool.  If not, we will be perfectly okay!

Breeze, got an email yesterday from a 'Tameika' she may be the new WC??? Hopefully!

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post

Hey Princess,

Ya, they actually dont have a wedding coordinator right now! I have spoken with 'Tamika' and she hasn't been very helpful. I am slightly freaking out because I saw on trip advisor there was a bride who got married there in June and said she had a horrible wedding - I sent her a message to get more deets so I'll let you know once I hear from her.

I have a friend who is getting married there in like two weeks - she said she had to call repeatedly for over a week to get her 'final package' and she JUST got it like 3 weeks before her date. In the package it specifically says they need all the info for the marriage license atleast one month before the date or it might not be ready for your ceremony! She is not impressed. She's having a huge wedding there with about 100 ppl, you'd think they'd be more on the ball! I'm praying everything goes well for her - she leaves in about a week. I will let you know her report once she returns.

I am hoping that they get a wedding coordinator soon! I know that resorts typically have a skeletal staff in the summer since the high season is the winter, but I also know they've been having labor issues there. I think its just a temporary issue really. There are still alot of positive reviews going up on Trip Advisor. I too need the measurements for the tables and about a cajillion other things. I'll definetly be monitoring the situation as I'm only 3+ months away from my wedding. I'll keep ya posted an you do the same please :)

Nicole told me the price list for 2011 will be avaliable in Fall 2010 - around October/November. So I imagine prices will change since they always do for everything! So make sure you get the new updated price list from her.

Also about upgrades - that is correct - you only get them based upon avaliabitly. I read for one bride on this forum awhile ago, there was limited space for her guests as the suites over booked - so they upgraded their group to the Grand! What a treat. But yes - dont rely on upgrades otherwise its another thing to stress over!   

Upgrades are subject to availabilty. Sometime they'll upgrade you to an oceanfront, sometime they'll ugrade to the Presidential Suite (you generally need to be having a pretty big wedding for this upgrade) and other people get upgraded from the IRHS to the Grand.

But like I said it is based on availability at the hotel (they aren't going to move people paying for upgraded rooms to a crappier rooms to accommodate freebie upgrades no matter how much business you bring them...)

Also, in my case, I arrived at the resort at about 11:30 at night and wasn't given an upgrade until the next day. I needed to wait for Nicole to arrange it through her contacts. Just go with the flow and everything will work out eventually :)

Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

Does anyone know if Rose Hall Suites offers any free upgrades or free extras. I know some resorts do and it seems that Rose Hall Suites does not, but I was wondering if anyone knew if they did?

Thanks