I am finally back into the swing of planning....took a few months off when I was super busy at work. Now that I am about 5 months away I need to get back on track!
Here is my current wedding weekend time line and some questions (figured i'd ask here before i go back and annoy the resort wedding planner again!)
Friday, November 7th
- Bachelor/Bachelorette party at the resort. Planning on going to the spa in the late afternoon with my 5 bridesmaids followed by dinner at the Hibachi restaurant. Do they have nightly entertainment at the resorts? if so, we will probably go to that then to the club. I think that the guys will all just meet us at dinner....I didnt want to seperate the couples that were coming since this is our vacation. On our Wedding Weekend Itinerary i plan on listing this activity as 'optional'
Saturday, November 8th
- Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner (tentative) pending what the beach party includes....plus I dont want to over schedule things.
- Beach Party - I will ask the resort wedding planner to section off an area of the hotel's beach party for our guests. Again, this will be listed as 'optional'. Does anyone know what time the Beach Party that the resort throws on Saturday nights starts? Also, what does it include? Dinner? Entertainment? etc.
Sunday, November 9th (Wedding Day)
- Hired Rashel Edwards for hair/makeup for myself and bridesmaids. Currently I asked here to be onsite by 10:30 am. Not sure if this is too much time or not enough. Does anyone know if I can let my mom use the hair service that I get with my wedding package?
- 4:30 pm - ceremony (with steel drum band) - again, not sure if this is the best time. I plan on emailing my photographer (Misha Early) to find out when the best time would be for photos etc.
- 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm (steel drum band to continue) - Cocktail party - again timing pending what the photographer says. I am not sure where I want the cocktail hour to be - has anyone thought about this? Since i plan on having the wedding and reception on the beach should I keep the cocktail hour on the beach also or change it up?
- 6:30 pm - 11? - Reception (not sure if the hotel lets it go until 11) Right now my plan is to have a reception on the beach with a rented tent, dance floor and lighting. I have received the pricing from the resort and although it is more than I had originally wanted to spend it is really my dream to have the reception under the stars with the ocean!
Monday, November 10th
- Trash the Dress photo session at Rose Hall (Aqueducts etc)
If anyone has any answers to some of these questions I'd love your help!