Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#6001 leonina

leonina
  • Newbie
  • 8 posts

    Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

    Have any recent brides that had an outside photographer had to pay the one night charge for them? How does that work - do you book with the hotel and they actually give you a room for the photographer or do you pay a standard night rate and the photographer doesn't actually get a room? Thanks!

    #6002 kmbowm

    kmbowm
    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

      Hi Ladies - Just confirmed my date with IRHS for 11/9/2014 - Excited to plan the big day with some other fall 2014 brides!!! Has anyone seen this thread? http://www.bestdesti...l-suites-brides

       

      It is for 2013 IRHS brides to share ideas, issues etc....maybe we should start one. I've read through this one and it had a TON of great info. Plus we wouldn't have to page through 500+ pages!



      #6003 CGervaisToBe

      CGervaisToBe
      • Newbie
      • 59 posts

        Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by kmbowm 

        Hi Ladies - Just confirmed my date with IRHS for 11/9/2014 - Excited to plan the big day with some other fall 2014 brides!!! Has anyone seen this thread? http://www.bestdesti...l-suites-brides

         

        It is for 2013 IRHS brides to share ideas, issues etc....maybe we should start one. I've read through this one and it had a TON of great info. Plus we wouldn't have to page through 500+ pages!

         

        Let's do it! :) You lead, I'll just follow! Haha! I sent an inquiry about my date to lock in, so once that's all done I'll officially consider myself a 2014 fall bride!

        #6004 1stmarriage

        1stmarriage
        • Newbie
        • 49 posts

          Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

          Hello All!! I'm a May 2014 Bride with a confirmed date at the Grand. Has anyone sent out save the dates yet?

          #6005 kmbowm

          kmbowm
          • Newbie
          • 14 posts

            Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

            I started it! Let the fun begin!!

             

            http://www.bestdesti...l-suites-brides



            #6006 kmbowm

            kmbowm
            • Newbie
            • 14 posts

              Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

              1stmarriage - I have not sent mine out yet but I have them picked out and I plan on sending out in early August so that my guests have over a year to plan and save!



              #6007 CGervaisToBe

              CGervaisToBe
              • Newbie
              • 59 posts

                Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

                Originally Posted by 1stmarriage 

                Hello All!! I'm a May 2014 Bride with a confirmed date at the Grand. Has anyone sent out save the dates yet?


                I sent mine out in May!

                Since you're a year off, if you're going to send them you should probably do so soon! We just wanted to give everybody as much notice as we could so that we wouldn't feel guilty when people tell us 1.5 years later they "couldn't save" and "didn't have enough time".  Selfish reason, but it makes it easier haha.

                 

                We had debated doing STD or just invites, but since it's destination decided to do both :)



                #6008 jamielt

                jamielt
                • Site Supporter
                • 32 posts

                  Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

                  Hi Ladies, can I get your input on place cards... we are hoping to have a semi private reception at Aunty Ruby's or Calabash (2nd choice).  We have approx. 32 people (incl. bride & groom),and although I'm not sure yet if this is even possible (I guess it'll depend on the restaurant)... we are hoping to have long, rectangular table set up. 

                  Do you think there is any point to having place cards/arranged seating?  What are you doing, or what did you do? 

                  Thanks!



                  #6009 CGervaisToBe

                  CGervaisToBe
                  • Newbie
                  • 59 posts

                    Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

                    Originally Posted by jamielt 

                    Hi Ladies, can I get your input on place cards... we are hoping to have a semi private reception at Aunty Ruby's or Calabash (2nd choice).  We have approx. 32 people (incl. bride & groom),and although I'm not sure yet if this is even possible (I guess it'll depend on the restaurant)... we are hoping to have long, rectangular table set up. 

                    Do you think there is any point to having place cards/arranged seating?  What are you doing, or what did you do? 

                    Thanks!


                    I wasn't going to bother with arranged seating.  I figure one of the peak points of having our wedding in Jamaica is the laid back, no worries atmosphere.  Everybody is going to be subjected to one another for 7 days, so they can choose their own seating as far as I'm concerned :).

                     

                    We will have a separate head table, and can figure out where we should sit in relation but otherwise I'm not concerned about it.  We also aren't going to be doing many speeches or anything like that so it's not important to us to have a seating plan.



                    #6010 Kassi22

                    Kassi22
                    • Newbie
                    • 135 posts

                      Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

                      We had round tables at ours, but a rectangle for head table. We choose to do a seating plan as it saves time and gets guest seated promptly.. when you only have a few hours or so ever minute counts! We just had it set up with tables, and then told people what table they should sit at.. at which point the picked there own seat at that table. Made things flow quickly.
                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users