Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5931 mrsmannings2b

mrsmannings2b
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

Is anyone doing their own makeup? I have decided to and wondering about false eyelashes? Which are the best brand to use, and do they stay on in the heat? Im getting married in July. Thanks :)

I am doing my own makeup. However, as far as eyelashes I will be doing individual eyelash extensions right before I head to Jamaica. I would said get some nice Mac eyelashes and use the glue called DUO they sell it at Walgreens. Buy the black one. I have several makeup artist friend that always recommend it. 

Good luck. 

#5932 Kassi22

Kassi22
    • 135 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by AandNJam 

Sorry to hear about the weather, but glad the WC's pulled through! :) Any lessons learned or things you wish you would've brought or done differently?

Congrats on your marriage! That's the most important part! ;)

Lessons learned... not really.. but I would suggest to really just have the mentality of just going with the flow... if things dont work out as planned due to uncontrollable circumstances to just breath.. and let things take its course (ie.. wedding coordinators scrambling to make things work out.. ahahah)

Oh.. though, I will say one thing. I hired Misha Earle for pictures on the wedding day. She is awesome.. Big personality and professional. However, due to the weather all my pictures where inside for the most part. .. so a few days later I decided to hire digipix at the resort to do a photoshoot back in my dress on the beach. The guy was really nice, and did some great poses. I was really excited to see the pictures.. when I did.. I almost cried. .. they where terrible.. 80% where out of focus (I dont know if he just had the wrong setting or what... the camera he used was bottom of the barrel kit SLR). I ended up paying $315 for 40 photos that where mediocre at best. I should have gotten Misha to come back... kicking myself for that now.

I didn't bring much.. just a few things (guest book, fans, table numbers) as I couldn't be bothered dealing with that.. I had stuff delivered to the hotel from local vendors instead.. best money spent.

#5933 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
      • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mrsmannings2b 

I am doing my own makeup. However, as far as eyelashes I will be doing individual eyelash extensions right before I head to Jamaica. I would said get some nice Mac eyelashes and use the glue called DUO they sell it at Walgreens. Buy the black one. I have several makeup artist friend that always recommend it. 

Good luck. 

Oh perfect, thanks!!

#5934 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
        • 94 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:54 AM

Has anyone ordered jerk spice and rum in Jamaica to be delivered to the resort? I was thinking of doing this for favours? Also how many Ske Lanterns?! One per person or one per couple?? Thanks!

#5935 Kassi22

Kassi22
          • 135 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

Has anyone ordered jerk spice and rum in Jamaica to be delivered to the resort? I was thinking of doing this for favours? Also how many Ske Lanterns?! One per person or one per couple?? Thanks!

We used http://weddingbellesjamaica.com/ . I was in contact Jo-Anne. She was fantastic. She did up gift bags for us which where delivered to the hotel. There was a bunch of stuff you could select from (rum, sauces, coffee, etc)

In regards to sky lanterns.. I didn't have them myself, but I have used them.. you need two people at least to set them off.. (one needs to hold while the other lights it) so one per couple is more then enough.

#5936 nikki444

nikki444
            • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kassi22 

We used http://weddingbellesjamaica.com/ . I was in contact Jo-Anne. She was fantastic. She did up gift bags for us which where delivered to the hotel. There was a bunch of stuff you could select from (rum, sauces, coffee, etc)

In regards to sky lanterns.. I didn't have them myself, but I have used them.. you need two people at least to set them off.. (one needs to hold while the other lights it) so one per couple is more then enough.

Thank you, that is going to be really helpful! Can't wait for your full review :)

#5937 Kassi22

Kassi22
              • 135 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

My Review is up.

http://www.bestdesti...ca/reviews/7127

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

#5938 AandNJam

AandNJam
                • 27 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Kassi22 

My Review is up.

http://www.bestdesti...ca/reviews/7127

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

Congrats on your wedding!!

Thank you for your review, this was so helpful! Sounds like you (and the WCs) were able to roll with the changes! A wedding is a party, not a performance. At the end of the day you married the one you love, so everything went perfect! :)

#5939 Loryn1185

Loryn1185
                  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:18 AM

Congrats! I bought my lanterns on groupon from wishlantern.com- Havent used them yet but they look really great and easy to pack. Just check if your resort will allow you to use them! :)

#5940 lala7513

lala7513
                    • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Tai flora's ceiling lanterns are really expensive. Is anybody bringing them down on their own? Just curious where you bought and where you got the actual lights for them. Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users