Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by Jaciv2000 View Post

Hi!! I am glad to hear that you did a site visit because we booked our wedding at the Suites without being able to do that. So I am glad to hear that you got to see it and liked it so much!!

My advice to you would be going through a travel agent. They do all the talking for you and also look for the best rates for you. We started planning a year and a half ahead of time so luckily we got our date without any issues (October 25, 2013) But I would find a travel agent and leave all that stress to them!! Plus usually they can get you a price locked in even before everyone puts their deposits down :-) Good luck!!!! Is there anything you can share with me about the resort? Any suggestions? How about the food? People friendly?

Thanks!

Jaciv2000 I am getting married at the Grand but they do not have rates out yet. When were you able to get rates from your resort? I would like to have people be able to book but even my TA says the rates aren't available to her. Did yours have talk to a certain person to get rates?

Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

Well we were in Jamaica for our annual christmas vacation so we decided to look at wedding places while we were there. we had to call Iberostar and set an appointment with the wedding coordinator prior to us going to the resort. Honestly, i personally didn't care for Ibero Beaches but Suites and Grand are really both pretty. They did have alot of kids there at Suites but that was expected since it's the holiday season and Suites are kid friendly, Grand is adults only . We only took a tour of the lobby, pool area and beach which all those areas were very clean. we were actually trying to see Grand so we didn't ask to see the Suites ammenities and rooms, but online it looks really nice as well. People are friendly if you are staying there.

I did find a travel agent and they started putting together packages for us, you're right, it is much easier going thru them. Thanks! Congrats to you too....and good luck as well! i know you're have a blast there.

We stayed at the Beach for our site visit (really, just to save money since we flew down there for only 3 days and it was mostly business) and took a full tour of the Suites with Nicole.  The rooms at the Beach don't even compare to the Suites!!  The Suites look exactly like the pictures online (Oyster.com is a good reference)  If the Iberostar Beach was the only resort in Montego Bay, I honestly would have looked at different resorts.  The food was good, the service was excellent but we had the worst 2 rooms in the whole hotel (Overlooking a ROOF with astro-turf!) and they knew we were there for a site visit.  Completely turned me off. We also had an appointment with Kamoya (I know she is gone now) to talk about possibly having the wedding there and when we got there they told us she was off the entire time we were there. 

So we called Nicole and she accommodated a tour right away!  We even did a wine tasting while we were at the Suites.  Nicole has a lot of experience in coordinating weddings and we saw a few while we were down there.  The Suites is definitely a more upscale version of the Beach.  We did not visit the Grand because I knew I'd fall in love with it and it was definitely out of the budget for our guests.   Besides being annoyed about all of the extras, I'm 100% confident our guests are going to have an amazing time!!  We will definitely return to Iberostar for anniversaries but will most likey stay at the Grand in the future.

Does anyone know how much tablecloths are to rent from TaiFlora for the large round tables (71.5 x 29)? I'm not using them for flowers but am curious what they would charge.

19 weeks exactly until the big day!!! Time goes so fast!

Originally Posted by jamielt View Post

Hi Ladies, I'm a travel agent myself and we've invited approx. 80 people too.  Not in all cases, but generally you can expect one-third of the invites to attend/RSVP.

Jaciv2000, my wedding at IRHS falls on the Monday after yours, Oct. 28th, 2013!

Oh that is awesome!!! I may be able to see your wedding because we are actually staying the following week for our honeymoon at the Grand, but my parents and kids will still be at the Suites!!! So with you being a travel agent, have you been there? Do you think highly of the resort? We have never been there so booking was a bit scary for us......but our TA and the reviews say all good things!!!!

Originally Posted by muneera0302 View Post

Well we were in Jamaica for our annual christmas vacation so we decided to look at wedding places while we were there. we had to call Iberostar and set an appointment with the wedding coordinator prior to us going to the resort. Honestly, i personally didn't care for Ibero Beaches but Suites and Grand are really both pretty. They did have alot of kids there at Suites but that was expected since it's the holiday season and Suites are kid friendly, Grand is adults only . We only took a tour of the lobby, pool area and beach which all those areas were very clean. we were actually trying to see Grand so we didn't ask to see the Suites ammenities and rooms, but online it looks really nice as well. People are friendly if you are staying there.

I did find a travel agent and they started putting together packages for us, you're right, it is much easier going thru them. Thanks! Congrats to you too....and good luck as well! i know you're have a blast there.

Thanks for all the feedback!!! Yes although we are staying at the Suites because of our children and being "kid friendly" we are a bit glad that we did not book our wedding around a holiday time where they would be an excessive amount of munchkins there!!

Originally Posted by ktdawson View Post

Jaciv2000 I am getting married at the Grand but they do not have rates out yet. When were you able to get rates from your resort? I would like to have people be able to book but even my TA says the rates aren't available to her. Did yours have talk to a certain person to get rates?

My travel agent was able to give us October rates 2013 in April 2012. She gave us a ball park price of what they would be compared to the year that we were in.......I would say that by the year mark a TA should be able to give you an estimate even if it is based off the current year pricing?

Originally Posted by heather1214 View Post

We stayed at the Beach for our site visit (really, just to save money since we flew down there for only 3 days and it was mostly business) and took a full tour of the Suites with Nicole.  The rooms at the Beach don't even compare to the Suites!!  The Suites look exactly like the pictures online (Oyster.com is a good reference)  If the Iberostar Beach was the only resort in Montego Bay, I honestly would have looked at different resorts.  The food was good, the service was excellent but we had the worst 2 rooms in the whole hotel (Overlooking a ROOF with astro-turf!) and they knew we were there for a site visit.  Completely turned me off. We also had an appointment with Kamoya (I know she is gone now) to talk about possibly having the wedding there and when we got there they told us she was off the entire time we were there. 

So we called Nicole and she accommodated a tour right away!  We even did a wine tasting while we were at the Suites.  Nicole has a lot of experience in coordinating weddings and we saw a few while we were down there.  The Suites is definitely a more upscale version of the Beach.  We did not visit the Grand because I knew I'd fall in love with it and it was definitely out of the budget for our guests.   Besides being annoyed about all of the extras, I'm 100% confident our guests are going to have an amazing time!!  We will definitely return to Iberostar for anniversaries but will most likey stay at the Grand in the future.

Does anyone know how much tablecloths are to rent from TaiFlora for the large round tables (71.5 x 29)? I'm not using them for flowers but am curious what they would charge.

19 weeks exactly until the big day!!! Time goes so fast!

Thanks for all the feedback!!! We almost picked the beach to do the wedding and now I am glad we picked the Suites. Makes me happy!!! I just told my guests you get access to 2 resorts for the price of one :-) The Grand was out for us because of our children, but we will be having our honeymoon there!!!

Well, I mostly deal in corporate travel, but my colleague/good friend visits Jamaica quite often.  Hands down, the IRHS was his top recommended resort.  He has booked it in the past for many of his clients, and I know that we share very similar tastes.  Plus, we wanted a place with all the bells and whistles... but had to steer clear of an adult only resort because we didn't want to limit our guests.  Overall, I think my only true concern is going to be the weather.  Years past have been fine... but this past October was a bit sketchy.  I'll just keep pray'in for beautiful weather come the end of Oct.:-) 

Hi All!

Although I've been reading this thread for awhile, so many pages!!! I thought I'd start posting, so hopefully at some point I can add info instead of just reading everyone elses. Clearly if I'm in this forum I'm an Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Bride confirmed for 9/21/13. Can't wait!! Hope to meet other brides who are in the same time frame!

Thanks in advance for all your help in advice!! cheesy.gif

Hello Everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already, but I tried using the Search function and couldn't find anything. When you place a reservation with Iberostar are you allowed to alter information and how easy/difficult is that process? I ask because the form requests arrival and departure dates and I'm not entirely sure what that will be but I don't want to wait until the point that is definitively known to place my request.

Originally Posted by fabosibo View Post

Hello Everyone,

I apologize if this has been asked/answered already, but I tried using the Search function and couldn't find anything. When you place a reservation with Iberostar are you allowed to alter information and how easy/difficult is that process? I ask because the form requests arrival and departure dates and I'm not entirely sure what that will be but I don't want to wait until the point that is definitively known to place my request.

You can change your arrival dates, the form you are filling out is to lock in your date?  Definitely send your request right away. Our arrival/departure changed after we reserved our wedding date and that was fine.