Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5631 Marlena

Marlena
  • 254 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

A few tips...so I was snooping at the last posts!

- dollarama sells hanging paper lanterns, and definitely use them to decorate the beach's steak house. I did and it looked great ( i also left all of my decorations there, i didn't want to bring them home) my colours were silver and turquoise and they sell nice blue coloured lanterns, and they don't weigh alot in your suitcase

- costco has LED tea lights that you can put into luminere bags (i got mine at party packagers very cheap),then I made one of my bridesmaids fill up a ziploc bag of sand, and we used a bit of sand in the bottom as a weight and put them all around the ledges of the restaurant, since it was open air and was beautiful)

- wear your dress to the disco!! I did! it was a great time! I also jumped in the Santa sleigh they had in the lobby!

- Tai Flora - yes - they are slow as anything, but the flowers are beautiful! don't waste your money on flowers for the huppa, the ceremony lasts only 15 minutes or so, and everyone is busy watching you, not the $500 floral arrangement. I used silver and blue tulle and tied it around the huppa, it blew around in the wind and looked very pretty (cost me $5 !)

- Go for the steel band! they are worth the money! and after the ceremony, most go to the beach bar and get drinks while you are off getting photos done. They give you champagne right after the ceremony, but i think the bar is a waste of $$ when its an all inclusive resort, most of our wedding guests went to the lobby bar until dinner anyways

Happy planning, it's totally worth it to get married on the beach!!

#5632 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marlena 

- dollarama sells hanging paper lanterns, and definitely use them to decorate the beach's steak house. I did and it looked great ( i also left all of my decorations there, i didn't want to bring them home) my colours were silver and turquoise and they sell nice blue coloured lanterns, and they don't weigh alot in your suitcase

- costco has LED tea lights that you can put into luminere bags (i got mine at party packagers very cheap),then I made one of my bridesmaids fill up a ziploc bag of sand, and we used a bit of sand in the bottom as a weight and put them all around the ledges of the restaurant, since it was open air and was beautiful)

- wear your dress to the disco!! I did! it was a great time! I also jumped in the Santa sleigh they had in the lobby!

- Tai Flora - yes - they are slow as anything, but the flowers are beautiful! don't waste your money on flowers for the huppa, the ceremony lasts only 15 minutes or so, and everyone is busy watching you, not the $500 floral arrangement. I used silver and blue tulle and tied it around the huppa, it blew around in the wind and looked very pretty (cost me $5 !)

- Go for the steel band! they are worth the money! and after the ceremony, most go to the beach bar and get drinks while you are off getting photos done. They give you champagne right after the ceremony, but i think the bar is a waste of $$ when its an all inclusive resort, most of our wedding guests went to the lobby bar until dinner anyways

Great tips!! Thanks! And happy anniversary! 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#5633 justine416

justine416
      • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jreist 

camille.delgado@iberostar.com.jm

Thanks so much!

#5634 justine416

justine416
        • 95 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Marlena 

Thanks for the tips, those are my colors also! I'm a month out so it's great to read from past brides :) Cheers to your 1 yr!

#5635 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
          • 94 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the

A few tips...so I was snooping at the last posts! - dollarama sells hanging paper lanterns, and definitely use them to decorate the beach's steak house. I did and it looked great ( i also left all of my decorations there, i didn't want to bring them home) my colours were silver and turquoise and they sell nice blue coloured lanterns, and they don't weigh alot in your suitcase - costco has LED tea lights that you can put into luminere bags (i got mine at party packagers very cheap),then I made one of my bridesmaids fill up a ziploc bag of sand, and we used a bit of sand in the bottom as a weight and put them all around the ledges of the restaurant, since it was open air and was beautiful) - wear your dress to the disco!! I did! it was a great time! I also jumped in the Santa sleigh they had in the lobby! - Tai Flora - yes - they are slow as anything, but the flowers are beautiful! don't waste your money on flowers for the huppa, the ceremony lasts only 15 minutes or so, and everyone is busy watching you, not the $500 floral arrangement. I used silver and blue tulle and tied it around the huppa, it blew around in the wind and looked very pretty (cost me $5 !) - Go for the steel band! they are worth the money! and after the ceremony, most go to the beach bar and get drinks while you are off getting photos done. They give you champagne right after the ceremony, but i think the bar is a waste of $$ when its an all inclusive resort, most of our wedding guests went to the lobby bar until dinner anyways Happy planning, it's totally worth it to get married on the beach!! :D

Thanks for the info! I was debating on a cocktail hour after the ceremony but maybe everyone can go to the beach bar. Was it super hot tho?

#5636 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
            • 94 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:33 AM

Brides having their reception at Uncle Tonys, did you get open bar 8-11? I'm going to pay the extra charge to stay till 11, just wondering if when you do so they let you still have the open bar till that late?

#5637 Ploman

Ploman
              • 425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy 

Brides having their reception at Uncle Tonys, did you get open bar 8-11? I'm going to pay the extra charge to stay till 11, just wondering if when you do so they let you still have the open bar till that late?

I never knew there was an option of staying late. I was going to move to the beach from 10-11. But I am paying for open bar at dinner (7-10) and at the beach (10-11). 

#5638 Ploman

Ploman
                • 425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:35 AM

Is it an option in the documents to pay a charge and stay later? 

#5639 Jamaicanmecrazy

Jamaicanmecrazy
                  • 94 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

Trisha-Gaye a few months ago told me you can pay $250USD and stay at the restaraunt for an extra hour, until 11. The new wedding coordinator however told me the restaurant rental is for 2 hours?! It's getting confusing. I just want to have a decent amount of time after dinner to dance and mingle with everyone. A lot of my guests will not be interested in the disco. And I do want it to be Just the wedding for as long as possible.

#5640 Ploman

Ploman
                    • 425 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:39 AM

Are you doing a semi-private rental? I think that is only for 2 hours. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users