A few tips...so I was snooping at the last posts!
- dollarama sells hanging paper lanterns, and definitely use them to decorate the beach's steak house. I did and it looked great ( i also left all of my decorations there, i didn't want to bring them home) my colours were silver and turquoise and they sell nice blue coloured lanterns, and they don't weigh alot in your suitcase
- costco has LED tea lights that you can put into luminere bags (i got mine at party packagers very cheap),then I made one of my bridesmaids fill up a ziploc bag of sand, and we used a bit of sand in the bottom as a weight and put them all around the ledges of the restaurant, since it was open air and was beautiful)
- wear your dress to the disco!! I did! it was a great time! I also jumped in the Santa sleigh they had in the lobby!
- Tai Flora - yes - they are slow as anything, but the flowers are beautiful! don't waste your money on flowers for the huppa, the ceremony lasts only 15 minutes or so, and everyone is busy watching you, not the $500 floral arrangement. I used silver and blue tulle and tied it around the huppa, it blew around in the wind and looked very pretty (cost me $5 !)
- Go for the steel band! they are worth the money! and after the ceremony, most go to the beach bar and get drinks while you are off getting photos done. They give you champagne right after the ceremony, but i think the bar is a waste of $$ when its an all inclusive resort, most of our wedding guests went to the lobby bar until dinner anyways
Happy planning, it's totally worth it to get married on the beach!!